ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Survivor: One World': New cast and new twists revealed! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255239)

ForeverChiefs58 02-17-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 8379477)
I love how you can tell when something bad is going to happen in the challenge by the obscure instructions Probst gives. When has he ever been shown telling people how to land in a net?

thought it was pretty incredible how no one landed like he told them more than once even. It was funny no one put their hands on their chest like he said.

Chiefnj2 02-17-2012 11:14 AM

I wonder how much direction they get on stealing. The camps are so close. Could 5 guys just walk over to the girls camp, grab a chicken by the wing and pull while the ladies hold onto a leg? It would kill your social game, but the whole thievery thing looks like a slippery slope. Especially when Alicia or one of the other women gave a half hearted attempt to grab some fire in front of the men. The guys physically blocked her, but it could have gotten ugly.

Chiefnj2 02-17-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8379643)
However, I think it was pretty stupid that she gave Colton the idol so soon.

I could be wrong, but I thought the directions said she had to give it to someone before the next tribal council.

MagicHef 02-17-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8379664)
I wonder how much direction they get on stealing. The camps are so close. Could 5 guys just walk over to the girls camp, grab a chicken by the wing and pull while the ladies hold onto a leg? It would kill your social game, but the whole thievery thing looks like a slippery slope. Especially when Alicia or one of the other women gave a half hearted attempt to grab some fire in front of the men. The guys physically blocked her, but it could have gotten ugly.

I'm pretty sure it's zero.

The only rules (outside of challenges) are no physically attacking anyone, and no conspiring to share the million dollars.

Now that I think about it though, I guess there must be some more rules that have been added, because you can't steal a hidden immunity idol. I do know that personal belongings and food have been gone through/stolen without any consequences.

Aries Walker 02-17-2012 09:40 PM

Rupert was blatantly stealing in the Pirates season a couple of years ago. They were fine with that. I think one tribe even stole all of the other tribes' shoes. Every one.

I, like everyone it seems, detested Alicia; fortunately, she's making so much of a stink so early, I don't think she'll last terribly long. I liked Matt (the lawyer who said "I don't care what sex you are, you're not getting fire") and Troyzan, who's crazy. I would like the unspeakably hot Chelsea, who just walked over and picked up the second chicken, except it was kind of a dick move not to split the chickens, like everyone had just agreed to. And Colton is too comically gay for me to take him seriously; I'm tempted to think he's an actor staying in character.

Buck 02-17-2012 09:42 PM

Someone stole Phillip's underwear 2 seasons ago.

NJChiefsFan 02-18-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8379466)
I watched the first episode last night. Somewhat interesting.

3. Blonde short haired girl. Cute, but she scared me at tribal. Really odd personality.

4. The black teacher seemed pretty cool and appears to be a good strategist.

I like the black teacher so far. As someone said, rules said she had to give the idol to somebody before tribal.

Are you talking about the chick that was wearing the hoodie? I like her so far. Problem I have again is there really don't seem to be people I am "all-in" for, where I spend the whole episode nervous they are going next. Not seeing it again.

I also thought it was funny, like others, that nobody followed directions on the net jump and how weird it was that they showed Jeff mention it. I guess he must always do so, but they never show it. It was also funny how willing the women were to say "hey we are women, we can't work together".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8379664)

I think the producers probably love all the stealing. Anything to make sure things don't go so straight forward like last season.

Jawshco 02-19-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8379784)
I could be wrong, but I thought the directions said she had to give it to someone before the next tribal council.

I get that. It just seemed early in the day and it didn't seem to me that she really thought it out or considered any of the other guys. Of course, I know that we don't get to see it all, and at this point of the game who else would she pick that would hurt the men's team, but still... the guy is a snake in the grass, and she'll see that soon enough I gather.

MagicHef 03-08-2012 02:36 AM

Wait, did that really just happen? They gave up immunity because the gay guy was extremely prejudiced against the poor guy (who just happens to be the only black guy) and couldn't stand to be around him? No one on the tribe is smarter than that?

kcxiv 03-08-2012 06:41 AM

That was the dumbest thing in survivor history. That gay dude needs to go. Hes a terrible human being and I cant believe hes running the show like he is lol. People put too much stock into the immunity idol lol. **** colton.

KCUnited 03-08-2012 06:56 AM

Just when you think Survivor has gotten tired, they find a way to cast a tribe that is being ran by a gay racist with a burned out hippy as second in command. That was some heavy manstrating last night.

Chiefnj2 03-08-2012 07:09 AM

The editing was pretty unfair last night as well. The only talk they showed was all of the guys being mad at Leif and all in agreement that Leif had to go because he couldn't be trusted. Obviously the racist got to everyone to change their minds.

I also don't understand how when one person is killing themselves at council like last night that 4 people sitting around him can't make eye contact to change their vote and vote him out.

WV 03-08-2012 08:49 AM

You know episodes like last nights are the ones that really make me question the "reality" of this show. If at least a portion of that wasn't scripted Peyton Manning is the next survivor.

MagicHef 03-08-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8427761)
Just when you think Survivor has gotten tired, they find a way to cast a tribe that is being ran by a gay racist with a burned out hippy as second in command. That was some heavy manstrating last night.

Did anyone else notice that the "burned out hippie" is a plastic surgeon? Would you ever let Tarzan operate on you?

Chiefnj2 03-08-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8427962)
You know episodes like last nights are the ones that really make me question the "reality" of this show. If at least a portion of that wasn't scripted Peyton Manning is the next survivor.

I read somewhere that these days most of the people on the show have been cast to be on the show. Pretty much all actors.