ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In Pioli I Trust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256537)

Direckshun 02-27-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8401449)
I have to giggle a little when I read this...why?

Because the Planet has ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY.

Most of us came here in the summer of 2000 right in the midst of having to suffer Gunther Cunningham as head coach.

The only thing that has changed is the players, the game hasn't changed at all.

I disagree.

I remember when this place was dogging Vermeil and Herm over the middle of last decade when the blind faithful were singing their praises. Eventually the team deteriorated, and we were on the cutting edge of predicting that.

But now we've taken that skepticism to its illogical extreme. We seem to forget that we had a GM with zero discipline, we lived at or above the cap, and every year we boasted lopsided teams with one side of the ball being completely, miserably awful.

Pioli has built the most evenly balanced team we've had since our last playoff win.

How did that work out then?

Oh yeah. With a playoff win.

Direckshun 02-27-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8401478)
So strong that he's 5th worst at his position.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2e51dv4.jpg

Time to pull your head out, DShun.

He definitely regressed in 2011. Like most of our offense when Charles when down.

Direckshun 02-27-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8401472)
A bong hit?

That was among the best three draft hauls by a team in 2010.

patteeu 02-27-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8401411)
I'm sorry, I know what a DC poster you are Patty and I have to assume this is what you meant in describing DC. :)

LMAO LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8401440)
Nobody UNDERSTANDS why Cassel is our QB and yet we HATE HIM but it's not BLIND.

Hey guys, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just distilling Direckshun's post for the emotional, knee-jerk, me-too-er, blind-haters who refuse to read anything longer or more complicated than a Gates BBQ menu. ;)

InChiefsHeaven 02-27-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8401524)
Hey guys, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just distilling Direckshun's post for the emotional, knee-jerk, me-too-er, blind-haters who refuse to read anything longer or more complicated than a Gates BBQ menu. ;)

mmmmmmm....BBQ.....

patteeu 02-27-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8401532)
mmmmmmm....BBQ.....

LMAO

the Talking Can 02-27-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8401510)
That's fair. Perhaps I meant to say the Haley hire was not bad at the time. Obviously if we walked into this thing knowing he'd drive away every coach he worked with, had an incredibly toxic relationship with Pioli, or would eventually lose support of the locker room, we would have passed.

But at the time he had a strong reputation for developing talent. Which, for the record, we'll be reaping the benefits from a lot of his work.

We can criticize Pioli for the Cassel hire... but what was his other option? The only other realistic option (taking Dalton at #27 last year would have been criminal at the time) would be to select Mark Sanchez. And we'd have a shit quarterback instead of a shit quarterback.

There have literally been no other options... until Kyle Orton hit the market. So that should tell you exactly how much Pioli thinks of Cassel.

And, by the way, you don't trade your draft away for one player.

Especially a player like RG3, who we have no idea how well he'll fare in the NFL given his style of play that we've honestly never seen before.

sorry, your argument about RG3 is pure, old school Chiefsplanet "QBs is risky" talk...save it for someone else, it's nonsense

Haley and Cassel were bad calls, and 100% of the blame for them resides on Pioli...no elaborate rationalizations necessary

Pioli has had two excellent drafts, and received praise for them...where you get the idea that he hasn't I have no idea...I hated a couple of the picks, and have admitted Moeaki was a good pick (even though he's injured), and remain steadfast that McCluster was a terrible pick (#36...lmfao)

last year was one long blow job for Pioli during the whole draft

Pioli has also signed very good contracts, and been praised for it...

so, that you feel as if Pioli is some genious not getting the credit he deserves - and that the Planet isn't worthy of your genious intellect - is only evidence of the fantasy world you've constructed for yourself, Warpaint-style...

RealSNR 02-27-2012 09:22 AM

I have given Pioli credit for drafting well in 2010 and 2011 (though anybody who would make the McCluster pick is a ****ing moron.) I believe his drafts will always keep us competitive if we ever get a QB. This is a VERY good thing to have in a GM.

I also give him credit for keeping the "rebuild" alive through the cap. I've never really had my period like some posters have over our huge ass amount of cap space.

At the end of last season, I was prepared to forgive the abortion that was the 2009 offseason as long as we kept drafting well, and some QBs were brought in. Most of my bitching this year has to do with the QB position and how it appears Pioli's not going to fix it. I don't think he is. That's terrible GMing.

However, that Babb article was released, and now I'm off the hook. Most of the shit I read about in there is Clark Hunt's fault, but we're not going to change our toxic culture until a shakeup happens at the GM position.

So that's why I'd rather see Pioli gone sooner rather than later, barring we fall ass over teakettle into a legitimate starting QB and start to win playoff games. That's always been my take.

RealSNR 02-27-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

That kind of mob rule long had a place on the Coalition or AP or virtually any of the other sludge pits of homer-otica that colored the web. For years, ChiefsPlanet's take-no-prisoners approach yeilded benefits; we've long had some of the best posters, the best range of opinion, and reason found its way to the top of the crop year after year.

The past few years, ChiefsPlanet has passed this crown to other sites, most notably AP. This forum has grown as intolerant and reactionary as any Chiefs site on the web.
HOLY SHIT! You actually enjoy reading AP? LMAO LMAO LMAO

I was willing to give you some credibility with this post. Now it's all out the window. Congrats, you're a dumbass.

Bane 02-27-2012 09:25 AM

http://i41.tinypic.com/ay7c0h.jpg

boogblaster 02-27-2012 09:32 AM

10 and 11 decent drafts .. everything else is a cluster ......

Chiefshrink 02-27-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8401510)
That's fair. Perhaps I meant to say the Haley hire was not bad at the time. Obviously if we walked into this thing knowing he'd drive away every coach he worked with, had an incredibly toxic relationship with Pioli, or would eventually lose support of the locker room, we would have passed.

I think Pioli vastly overestimated Haley toeing the line in reference to Cassel and Haley vastly underestimated Pioli's Patriot Way(Cassel or the highway) which makes for a bad chemistry thus the low man on the totem pole always gets nixed.

chiefzilla1501 02-27-2012 09:42 AM

Pioli has built a very good team.

But he handled the Haley situation very poorly. If its true that he wanted to fire Haley the day after a playoff game shame on him. If its true he sabotaged Haley this year big shame on him. If it's true he went over the line in terms of spying on Haley, micromanaging Haley, overly forcing any coaches on him, and leaking information about Haley to hurt his reputation, that is something gms sholud not do. Given that Haley was hired by one of the best organizations in football, seems pretty clear that teams aren't concerned about Haley's ability to get along with others.

I don't like the Romeo hire and the daboll hire was short sighted. Never did there seem to be an earnest effort to interview outside of the tree. And it seems clear pioli is giving Romeo a lot more license to yap off and to choose his own coaches. Why didn't he give Haley this kind of flexibility?

As for qb... He should have known enough about cassel to not make that move. I'm more upset about his refusal to add quality depth at the position. Palko being the backup is all pioli. Nose tackle. We all know its the most important position on the field. The best we can do is a 1 year almost retired guy and a 6th round pick? The depth issue... I don't mind that the chiefs haven't spent a ton of money. I'm angry pioli ignored getting depth, which is cheap. Again, goes back to gretz's question... Is it true that pioli was purposely short changing Haley so he had an excuse yo fire him?

Basically, he has done a great job but he let his hatred for Haley affect his ability to effectively run the team and I believe his loyalty to cassel and to his tree will also do him in. He needs to stop acting work hos emotions and start acting fully with his brain only.

Setsuna 02-27-2012 09:43 AM

Chris Rainey for Cheifs 2012!

Inspector 02-27-2012 09:46 AM

I read through a lot of this and like other posters here, I find myself craving some BBQ.