ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257390)

ToxSocks 03-16-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8462322)
Ill take Smith for a stopgap. Cassel i dont ever want to see qb'ing this team again. At least in the play offs last year. Smith went toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers and won. He made plays in a big game at the end of the game to win. He made big throws.

Cassel? no chance he makes them throws in crunch time.

You're overestimation Smith.

Smith is no better than Cassel.

I have to remind CP all the damn time.

Not Cassel does not = competent.

Hammock Parties 03-16-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8462343)

He's probably worse, to be honest. He's been in the NFC West HIS WHOLE CAREER.

Easy 6 03-16-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8461063)
Alex Smith

He has the arm to push the ball downfield and provide enough of a threat to open things up underneath for the RBs.

No, not really, no.

His arm isnt noticeably stronger at all, but he is better at seeing the field & has better anticipation.

So, he's still a NO, we dont need Cassel 2.0

TheGuardian 03-16-2012 05:26 PM

Alex Smith is ****ing GARBAGE. I couldn't believe how some jacked him off on this board because of the playoffs. He's WORSE than Cassel. Don't care what anyone says. Cassel has had two pro bowl stat type years. Smith has never done a god damn thing. EVER.

hometeam 03-16-2012 05:43 PM

Id rather take my chances with stanzi.

smith = cassel = **** no

kcxiv 03-16-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8462343)

Well, if i get a ****ing choice between the 2, ill take Smith. He at least Has talent. He has not put it all togther, but he has it.

Cassel? he has NOTHING but toughness.

This does not mean i want Smith, but if i had a choice, best beleive ill never ever pick Cassel again. Im done with him.

Rain Man 03-16-2012 05:47 PM

It seems like it would be a pretty even competition for the starting job. That's not a good thing.

whoman69 03-16-2012 05:57 PM

The alternative is Brady Quinn. What do you all think now?

hometeam 03-16-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8462490)

No to all of the above

rico 03-16-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8462322)
Ill take Smith for a stopgap. Cassel i dont ever want to see qb'ing this team again. At least in the play offs last year. Smith went toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers and won. He made plays in a big game at the end of the game to win. He made big throws.

Cassel? no chance he makes them throws in crunch time.

E-Z-Brees-E lemon squeeze-E.

He went toe to toe with Brees and pulled off the only successful/meaningful throws of his career in that game.

TheGuardian 03-16-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8462436)
It seems like it would be a pretty even competition for the starting job. That's not a good thing.

No, it's not even at all. I want Cassel replaced and I can tell you he's far better than Alex ****ing smith.

Rain Man 03-16-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8462490)

Damn Cleveland for trading up and nabbing him in front of us!

kcxiv 03-16-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8462503)
E-Z-Brees-E lemon squeeze-E.

He went toe to toe with Brees and pulled off the only successful/meaningful throws of his career in that game.

And cassel has done absolutely NOTHING when it mattered. NOTHING. He's had what 3 years now? We know what we got with this dude and thats nothing.

TheGuardian 03-16-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8462725)
And cassel has done absolutely NOTHING when it mattered. NOTHING. He's had what 3 years now? We know what we got with this dude and thats nothing.

JFC

Smith did not go toe to toe with Brees at all. That's the biggest crock of ****ing shit ever.

The 9ers went something like three and out 12 times in a row. Toe to toe? ****ing idiot.

Smith made a couple of big throws against a shit defense at the end of a game. His whole career is nothing but a turd in the punch bowl.

Red Dawg 03-17-2012 07:55 AM

Those of you that think Alex is a bad idea. Your nuts. It would be a very good thing to get him.