ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFF talks Chiefs O-line (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258038)

RealSNR 04-03-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blick (Post 8514375)
Win what? The division? One playoff game? A Superbowl?

I think Cassel, with the talent around him, can play like Trent Green. Green's QB ratings from 2002-2005 are 92.6, 92.6, 95.2, and 90.1. Cassel's QB rating in 2010 was 93.

It would be interesting to see how far QB play like that could take us with the defense that we have now.

I don't want 2010 Cassel numbers. I want a real QB who doesn't shit his pants in the playoffs.

At least Green could keep shit interesting.

htismaqe 04-03-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8514537)
I didn't know Albert was a guard...

He played tackle for one year. That squad was absolutely LOADED on the line and Albert moved inside to allow for some other guys to get time at tackle.

Frazod 04-03-2012 08:50 AM

I can't believe anybody would shit on Trent Green by comparing Cassel to him. :shake:

Saul Good 04-03-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8514610)
He played tackle for one year. That squad was absolutely LOADED on the line and Albert moved inside to allow for some other guys to get time at tackle.

They had an incredible line...and they were a mediocre team. Maybe the Chiefs can use that as a blueprint for building our team.

Bewbies 04-03-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8514630)
They had an incredible line...and they were a mediocre team. Maybe the Chiefs can use that as a blueprint for building our team.

LMAO

Brilliant!

htismaqe 04-03-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8514630)

Touche! :clap:

Blick 04-03-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8514385)
ROFL

Now compare their completion percentages and yards per attempt.

Not remotely the same QB.

Green was a top 10 QB during his time here. Cassel is about the 20th best QB in the league. Maybe a few spots worse.

We've been through this. I know the differences in their numbers.

I didn't say they were the same QB. I said Cassel could play like Green, production wise...if he gets a lot of help. He's already proved he can put up Green's production with help from the schedule. Now, the schedule's tougher, but the team around him is better to help cancel that out.

With the huge upgrade at RT, and the continued development of Albert, Asamoah, and Hudson, Cassel should have a consistently comfortable pocket, which should give him more confidence to make plays.

Blick 04-03-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8514605)
I don't want 2010 Cassel numbers. I want a real QB who doesn't shit his pants in the playoffs.

At least Green could keep shit interesting.

Obviously we want a real QB, but to say you don't want or wouldn't take 27 TD's and 7 INT's is just dumb.

Mr. Laz 04-03-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8514525)
I really wish these ****ing morons would STFU about moving Albert.

ROFLROFL

everyone in the world, but some stupid ****s on this board realize that Albert is a REALLY,REALLY good guard playing left tackle.

Will Shield could play tackle too

Coogs 04-03-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blick (Post 8514792)
Obviously we want a real QB, but to say you don't want or wouldn't take 27 TD's and 7 INT's is just dumb.

Im thinking everyone would be happy with that, BUT... most of us feel the stars and the planets were all aligned that season for those numbers to have happened.

His RB averaged 6.2 per carry. First hint of danger, ball was in row 13. Checkdowns were the order of the day, every Sunday. And all was good when we were playing in the lead against a weak schedule. When the good teams showed up on Sundays, and that formula didn't get us the lead... :shake:

Mr. Laz 04-03-2012 10:17 AM

Every QB is going to look 50% better with an Oline that they trust to not let them get smashed and a running game that pick up 5 yards a touch.

Chief Roundup 04-03-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Without Weis you will not see those numbers out of Cassel.

RealSNR 04-03-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

That stat is worthless until Cassel bumps up his passing totals and yards per completion numbers. 27 TDs is nice, but so many of them were goal line TDs.

Do you want to face Baltimore again in the playoffs with a QB they don't respect? I sure as **** don't. Baltimore didn't come into the game saying, "Uh oh, watch out guys. Their QB threw 27 TDs!" They KNEW Cassel was a ****ing fraud.

It will be the same ****ing shit if we get 2010 Cassel numbers. You can't throw TE bubble screens all day and expect to win a ****ing playoff game.

htismaqe 04-03-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8514800)
ROFLROFL

everyone in the world, but some stupid ****s on this board realize that Albert is a REALLY,REALLY good guard playing left tackle.

Albert is a left tackle. He moved to guard because he COULD. He started at tackle his freshman year at Virginia but moved to guard because Ferguson and 5-star recruit Eugene Monroe could ONLY play left tackle.

beach tribe 04-03-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8514800)
ROFLROFL

Wha??