ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Where to buy road/traffic cones? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258776)

Graystoke 04-24-2012 10:08 AM

Consume Mass Quantities!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wV5IDnkFlU.../coneheads.jpg

Frazod 04-24-2012 10:20 AM

I don't really associate orange cones with building construction. I associate them with a five mile stretch of I-55 in the middle of bumble**** Illinois, where traffic is shut down to one lane, clogged with a thousand ****ing semis and moving at about five miles per hour, and when you finally get to the area of actual construction, it consists of a single ten foot section of missing roadway, two idle pieces of machinery and five guys standing around doing absolutely nothing.

MIAdragon 04-24-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8562706)
I don't really associate orange cones with building construction. I associate them with a five mile stretch of I-55 in the middle of bumble**** Illinois, where traffic is shut down to one lane, clogged with a thousand ****ing semis and moving at about five miles per hour, and when you finally get to the area of actual construction, it consists of a single ten foot section of missing roadway, two idle pieces of machinery and five guys standing around doing absolutely nothing.

Dont you just want to swing the door open and let the 50 Cal blaze!? Thanks for making me sit in 30 minutes of unnecessary traffic you **** faces.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-24-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8562706)

well, yeah. But we do use them. We have probably 40 or 50 kicking around in storage containers or the shop.

Things stolen from us are mostly material, sometimes tools and equipment.

And I hear you on road construction. They repaved the 2 lane asphalt access road around our building last fall, and I literally sat and looked out my office window at a road with nothing happening for 2 weeks, while I had to detour 5 minutes out of my way to get to and from the office every day, multiple times a day.

rageeumr 04-24-2012 10:58 AM

Wow. Surprised by all the people advocating theft in here. How about I come to your office and take your computer? It's probably worth about the same as 30 cones.

Rain Man 04-24-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 8562763)
Wow. Surprised by all the people advocating theft in here. How about I come to your office and take your computer? It's probably worth about the same as 30 cones.

But if it's left outside, it's abandoned. It works for cones, cars, bicycles, lawn ornaments, mailboxes, and with a little bit of rationalizing, storm windows.

Frazod 04-24-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

You obviously haven't been to my office. LMAO

Rain Man 04-24-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8562824)
You obviously haven't been to my office. LMAO

Is that a lawyer joke?

Frazod 04-24-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8562915)
Is that a lawyer joke?

No, it means that our computers are so old and shitty that no self-respecting thief would condescend to steal one.

Lzen 04-24-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8562922)
No, it means that our computers are so old and shitty that no self-respecting thief would condescend to steal one.

Ok, well that's just one example. I agree with ragemur and was about to post the same type of comment.

Would all you people advocating stealing cones off the highway also do something like that yourself? And if so, would you steal something off the shelf at the grocery, electronics, or other store (assuming you might be able to get away with it)?

The point is that it is stealing no matter how you look at it. Don't mean to sound all high and mighty because Lord knows I've done some things I'm not proud of in my lifetime. But I have a real problem with this kind of thing partly because I have worked in those construction zones. Those cones are there for a very good reason, for your safety as a driver as well as the road workers safety.

And I agree that I hate those construction zones that go for miles and miles and they are only working on a small segment at a time. I've complained about that, too. But that is the way it is done. Usually, I'll try to find a better route (if possible) to avoid it.

The Franchise 04-24-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

lol I seriously doubt that 30 of your cones are worth my mapping computer.

Frazod 04-24-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8562985)
Ok, well that's just one example. I agree with ragemur and was about to post the same type of comment.

Would all you people advocating stealing cones off the highway also do something like that yourself? And if so, would you steal something off the shelf at the grocery, electronics, or other store (assuming you might be able to get away with it)?

The point is that it is stealing no matter how you look at it. Don't mean to sound all high and mighty because Lord knows I've done some things I'm not proud of in my lifetime. But I have a real problem with this kind of thing partly because I have worked in those construction zones. Those cones are there for a very good reason, for your safety as a driver as well as the road workers safety.

And I agree that I hate those construction zones that go for miles and miles and they are only working on a small segment at a time. I've complained about that, too. But that is the way it is done. Usually, I'll try to find a better route (if possible) to avoid it.

Do I steal cones from road construction sites? No. But do I give a shit if someone else does? No. These companies are absolutely raping the taxpayers, milking weeks worth of work into months worth of headaches. **** 'em.

There's a stretch of I-55 around Normal, Illinois that's been under nearly constant construction since I was in the Navy. I've been out of the Navy since 1990.

-King- 04-24-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8562619)
keep in mind if you steal 30 cones, it WILL be a felony. And if our company caught you, we WOULD prosecute.

so....steal 29?

Titty Meat 04-24-2012 02:04 PM

Just get them from the road

mikeyis4dcats. 04-24-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8562999)
Do I steal cones from road construction sites? No. But do I give a shit if someone else does? No. These companies are absolutely raping the taxpayers, milking weeks worth of work into months worth of headaches. **** 'em.

There's a stretch of I-55 around Normal, Illinois that's been under nearly constant construction since I was in the Navy. I've been out of the Navy since 1990.

:spock: