ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Is this being too judgmental? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260057)

Brock 05-31-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8650543)
So if another person is being harmed just ignore it because it doesn't involve you?

If you see a pregnant bitch eating something unhealthy, or doing something potentially dangerous, like jaywalking, do you feel likewise empowered to stick your snout into somebody else's business?

BigMeatballDave 05-31-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8650543)
So if another person is being harmed just ignore it because it doesn't involve you?

Splitting hairs?

Donger 05-31-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8650550)
Not quite the same.

Should billay have pulled the fetus out of her uterus to save it?

No, I didn't claim it was the same. I was just seeing if the "it's not my business" has limits or not.

Chiefnj2 05-31-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8650540)
Harassment.

It is certainly NOT harassment. Perhaps some bible thumping states might have obscenities listed as some type of disorderly offense, but it's arguable.

Titty Meat 05-31-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8650553)
If you see a pregnant bitch eating something unhealthy, or doing something potentially dangerous, like jaywalking, do you feel likewise empowered to stick your snout into somebody else's business?

Those aren't the same as smoking.

vailpass 05-31-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8650553)

You are against someone voicing concern to the expectant mother regarding the health of her unborn child but you are perfectly okay with that expectant mother aborting that unborn child for any reason whatsoever. Do I understand you correctly?

Brock 05-31-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8650559)
Those aren't the same as smoking.

Sure they are.

Cephalic Trauma 05-31-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8650489)
Yes, it is quite judgmental to draw broad, over-arching conclusions about people based on one act. Humans are complex creatures, dude.

Facebook isn't really an appropriate forum for that kind of thing, either. If it comes up while having an intelligent discussion with someone, you can voice your opinion on something like that. However, to just proclaim to all of that internet that you saw a "selfish" person at Arby's today... well, what is even the point?

LMAO
Makes no ****ing sense. Smoking is a habitual act. It's not a broad, over-arching conclusion when it's likely she consistently smokes.

Brock 05-31-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8650562)
You are against someone voicing concern to the expectant mother regarding the health of her unborn child but you are perfectly okay with that expectant mother aborting that unborn child for any reason whatsoever. Do I understand you correctly?

I've been told not to take anything you say seriously, so I guess you should just think whatever you want.

SPATCH 05-31-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8650508)
Seems like shit like this is the very reason Facebook exists?

I REALLY miss the good old days for Facebook... this kind of shit didn't happen when you had to have a college email address to sign up. Facebook was a bastion for youthful idiocy. It was ****ing beautiful.

So, no, the reason Facebook existed in the first place was exactly the opposite.. shit's just gotten out of hand in the past 3 or 4 years.

vailpass 05-31-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8650566)
I've been told not to take anything you say seriously, so I guess you should just think whatever you want.

I'm interested in your response, if you don't mind?

Cephalic Trauma 05-31-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8650563)
Sure they are.

No, they aren't. The effects of smoking on an unborn child are well documented. An "unhealthy meal" has little to no bearing on the unborn child unless the mother is malnourished. And jaywalking? Seriously?

Brock 05-31-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8650568)
I'm interested in your response, if you don't mind?

Why should I waste my time, since you're just here to stir the shit, in your own words?

vailpass 05-31-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8650567)
I REALLY miss the good old days for Facebook... this kind of shit didn't happen when you had to have a college email address to sign up. Facebook was a bastion for youthful idiocy. It was ****ing beautiful.

So, no, the reason Facebook existed in the first place was exactly the opposite.. shit's just gotten out of hand in the past 3 or 4 years.

FB is so far from what it was in it's youth and will never be that again. Ever.
It's a publicly held for-profit mega-chatroom with ad space and data lists for sale. Nothing more.

SPATCH 05-31-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 8650565)
LMAO
Makes no ****ing sense. Smoking is a habitual act. It's not a broad, over-arching conclusion when it's likely she consistently smokes.

Maybe you missed the "selfish piece of shit" part.

Now **** the **** off dumb**** n00b