ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What happens first...? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263778)

Big Chief Homer 09-16-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8918440)
Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded for Matt Moore this week. Two horrific losses, and his scapegoat is now OC in Pittsburgh. Perhaps his love for Matt Cassel and his ego will override his self-preservation instincts, but I doubt it.

How far have we fallen that we are clamoring for the likes of Kyle Orton and Matt Moore:banghead::banghead:

and can get either.

jspchief 09-16-2012 07:30 PM

No way Crennel gets fired this year. Zero chance. NFL coaches don't lose their job after one year. Especially for by uninvolved ownership like the Hunts.

Pioli bought himself an extension by firing Haley early. He put himself in a spot where it would be too reactionary to fire him before Crennel had a chance to build his team.

It's this vicious cycle of holdovers from previous regimes. KC is the worst at it. They always try to cling to the good when they bring in someone new, then when that doesn't work they have to give the guy a chance with his own people. Rinse, repeat. They never go all in, flush completely, and start from scratch. What it has given us is decades of never truly bad, yet decades of never enough change to make a revolutionary step forward.

It's literally like a mashup of the best ways to keep assess in the seats on an annual basis while maximizing profit and never risking full blown failure.

Their approach to QBs is just a trickle down of the entire organizational mindset.

Rausch 09-16-2012 07:31 PM

It's RAC's last shot at HC.

I think he goes down making his own calls. Perhaps fired by week 8 but he does his own thing...

Coogs 09-16-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8918434)
Pioli won't let it happen.

He knows he's ****ed with Quinn anyway.

Orton could have saved Pioli's job, and I said it MONTHS ago.

Fail, Fat Scott.

He may not have a choice.

Some said we won because of Crennel/Haley being gone... not because of Orton.

It's become obvious that it was more Orton. And while Quinn may be no Orton... Cassel damn sure ain't.

DJJasonp 09-16-2012 07:33 PM

Fire Pioli AND Crennel.....

Bring in the Chin and let him have the complete control he wants.

Flame away.....

stonedstooge 09-16-2012 07:34 PM

Only way anything changes is if the fans take money away from Clar Khunt. That's the only language we know that he speaks

Coogs 09-16-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8918470)
No way Crennel gets fired this year. Zero chance. NFL coaches don't lose their job after one year. Especially for by uninvolved ownership like the Hunts.

Cam Cameron on line 1.

Mr. Arrowhead 09-16-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8918452)
Has ANY GM in NFL history ever been granted a third head coach after failing on two hires in four years? JFC

IDK, didnt Matt Millen go through a few with Detroit

chop 09-16-2012 07:35 PM

Cassel showed Pioli enough in the first half last week for him not to make a change to the QB position for a couple of years.

I really think there are some players that show flashes of good play that cause the decision makers to think that player just needs better personell around him to succeed. I think these players are coach killers. For whatever reason they just cannot be consistant.

DJJasonp 09-16-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop (Post 8918494)
Cassel showed Pioli enough in the first half last week for him not to make a change to the QB position for a couple of years.

I really think there are some players that show flashes of good play that cause the decision makers to think that player just needs better personell around him to succeed. I think these players are coach killers. For whatever reason they just cannot be consistant.

A good GM knows what they have in a player - and their limitations.

Pioli wont admit it.

Here's the thing: We've hired 3 coordinator-at-best types in a row to be Head Coach for this franchise.

We've made questionable decisions in the draft.

This is ALL on Pioli.

Is it:

A) talent, but poor coaching?
B) lack of talent/talent-assessment?
C) both?

Either of the three above - STILL on Pioli

Rausch 09-16-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 8918483)
Fire Pioli AND Crennel.....

Bring in the Chin and let him have the complete control he wants.

Flame away.....

I'm in...

chop 09-16-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 8918507)
A good GM knows what they have in a player - and their limitations.

Pioli wont admit it.

Here's the thing: We've hired 3 coordinator-at-best types in a row to be Head Coach for this franchise.

We've made questionable decisions in the draft.

This is ALL on Pioli.

Is it:

A) talent, but poor coaching?
B) lack of talent/talent-assessment?
C) both?

Either of the three above - STILL on Pioli

I don't disagree with you at all.

Coogs 09-16-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

First half of game one of the regular season after three... or four... very vanilla preseason games.

Halftime adjustments, and a week to watch tape for the Bills, and our offense does nothing outside of garbage time.

One good half won't last forever.

Discuss Thrower 09-16-2012 07:40 PM

Marty for midseason Interim..?

... maybe?

Rausch 09-16-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

You notice how Ca$$hole has no fear of throwing deep once the pressure is off (meaning we're so far down we'll lose anyway?)

What if, and I'm just speculating here because I know it won't happen, he did that BEFORE we were down by 21 pts?...