ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Ikea coming to Kansas City. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264301)

BryanBusby 09-27-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8953666)
Thier furinture isnt that good, but they have other items that are greqt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah it isn't "wow, holy shit" amazing quality, but it's good stuff if you're on a budget.

jspchief 09-27-2012 01:41 AM

I like IKEA. You're not going to find their stuff in a Better Homes & Gardens photo spread. It's a bit more simple/modern. Great place to get stuff to decorate a bachelors home. Also a great place for decorating kids rooms.

And going to the store is not an in and out affair. Plan on spending some time because the place is enormous.

Definitely a cool thing to get one in the Midwest. Kind of surprised KC is getting one. Probably the smallest city I can think of that has one.

BigMeatballDave 09-27-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8953671)
Definitely a cool thing to get one in the Midwest. Kind of surprised KC is getting one. Probably the smallest city I can think of that has one.

There is one in Cincy.

Driven by it several times.

****ing HUGE.

blaise 09-27-2012 06:14 AM

It's better than other brands of self-assembly furniture I've bought. A lot of times when you buy a piece that you assemble yourself the screw holes aren't lined up well, or drilled at an angle or something. When you put together the Ikea pieces they line right up where they should. I think it's good quality for the price. And it's normally well designed.

Imon Yourside 09-27-2012 06:36 AM

Anyone know where I can find some quality furniture?

Deberg_1990 09-27-2012 06:54 AM

Ive been to the one in Austin a few times. If you go with the wife or significant other, sxpect to spend several hours there easy. They do have some pretty cool and unique stuff for the home.

If you love putting particle wood furniture together yourself, then its the place for you.

Ive bought a few things that were of "questionable" quality though, like a bed for my son. The holes didnt match up with the metal supports, hard to understand directions, wood splitting etc........

Overall, its a cool place to look around and kill a few hours.

MahiMike 09-27-2012 07:06 AM

Pretty cool store. Every time we make a trip to Orlando, we have to spend a couple hours there.

KC Jones 09-27-2012 07:13 AM

We just spent quite a wad there to furnish two kids rooms. I like the simple/modern style, and compared to other BIY furniture the quality is much much better. When compared to the crap you would spend a lot more for at low end furniture chains it's a fantastic deal.

Groves 09-27-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8953569)
First off, it's extremely inexpensive but well made. Most of the designs are mdf with a veneer but extremely stylish and Euro. Very sleek, very cool.

I'm not sure these can really coexist.

Definitely sleek and cool, but nothing you'd really want (or be able) to hand down to your kids.

Nothing wrong with limited life furniture, just know what you're getting.

doomy3 09-27-2012 07:50 AM

Outstanding.

Frazod 09-27-2012 08:06 AM

If it's anything like the one in Schaumburg, it'll be crawling with yuppies, soccer moms and screaming brats, and tie up traffic for a mile in every direction on weekends. I went there once. There will never be a twice. :grr:

Deberg_1990 09-27-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8953887)
it'll be crawling with yuppies, soccer moms and screaming brats, and tie up traffic for a mile in every direction on weekends.

yes yes.....of course all of this.

Since you mentioned kids, the one ive been to had a daycare place in the front of the store where you could dropoff your kids for a few hours while you shopped. Not sure if they all have that or not?

blaise 09-27-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8953908)
yes yes.....of course all of this.

Since you mentioned kids, the one ive been to had a daycare place in the front of the store where you could dropoff your kids for a few hours while you shopped. Not sure if they all have that or not?

The ones I've been to in Houston and Dallas had them. And two little eating areas. One where they sell Swedish meatballs, mac and cheese and sandwiches, and then a hot dog stand near the warehouse area.

Thig Lyfe 09-27-2012 08:30 AM

I go to IKEA for lunch every day. Never bought any furniture there, though. Used to go to the hot dog stand at Home Depot but I got into a fight with the assistant manager there.

Deberg_1990 09-27-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8953928)
And two little eating areas. One where they sell Swedish meatballs, mac and cheese and sandwiches, and then a hot dog stand near the warehouse area.

Oh yea, forgot about the eateries inside the Ikea stores. Those are really good too.