ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Berry vs Gates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264422)

ChiTown 10-01-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8966545)
Not without a consistant pass rush. Hali, Houston, entire starting D-line were nearly invisible again........

He was getting schooled either way.

Priest31kc 10-01-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8966563)
I will admit, Berry Is much worse at coverage than I thought his skillset would indicate. At the same time, he's faaarr better against the run than I would have imagined.

Gates is one of the best receiving TEs of all time and quite possibly a HOFer. Berry is essentially a sophomore player, recovering from a devastating injury, that was left completely alone to cover him in the middle of the field. Go back and watch that first drive. There literally wasn't another player within 10 feet of them on any given play. He would have done that to Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu as well.

Exactly. You think the Steelers would put Polamalu on an island w/Gates? HELL NO.

And once again, Berry's coming off a torn ACL. He's not 100% physically or mentally yet. He'll continue to get better as the season goes on, just like he did his rookie year. He and Moeaki are not back yet, why is this surprising? Its known that it takes 2 years to fully recover, we shouldn't have expected 2010 Berry or Moeaki....Charles is just a freak.

InChiefsHeaven 10-01-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8966522)
Shouldn't you be able to put a top 5 draft pick and one of the "best" safety prospects in a decade on an island?

In single coverage, name me the veteran safety who would not get his ass handed to him by Gates.

Chiefnj2 10-01-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8966578)
In single coverage, name me the veteran safety who would not get his ass handed to him by Gates.

The guy has 10 receptions for the year with no TDs. He isn't in his prime anymore. Berry was supposed to be a once in a decade safety prospect that you could match him up against excellent TE's, etc. Maybe it's his injury, coaching, etc., but he isn't playing well this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-01-2012 10:35 AM

LET'S PICK ON BERRY HERP-DERP-A-DERPA-DERPA/dumbass TF.

ghak99 10-01-2012 10:36 AM

When that shit started I was hoping Romeo was just testing the Berry/Gates match up to see what he could get away with. It shouldn't have taken a defensive coordinator like Romeo more than a play or two to see Berry was in way over his head, so why the **** wasn't there an adjustment made to correct the problem right then and there? :banghead:

Aspengc8 10-01-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 8966575)
Exactly. You think the Steelers would put Polamalu on an island w/Gates? HELL NO.

And once again, Berry's coming off a torn ACL. He's not 100% physically or mentally yet. He'll continue to get better as the season goes on, just like he did his rookie year. He and Moeaki are not back yet, why is this surprising? Its known that it takes 2 years to fully recover, we shouldn't have expected 2010 Berry or Moeaki....Charles is just a freak.

I don't even think Charles is 100% either. ACL doesn't affect your north/south running, its your cutting.. and JC hasn't shown any flashy cut backs where people miss. Yes, he reversed field the other day, but he isn't juking guys thats for sure.

Chiefnj2 10-01-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 8966614)
When that shit started I was hoping Romeo was just testing the Berry/Gates match up to see what he could get away with. It shouldn't have taken a defensive coordinator like Romeo more than a play or two to see Berry was in way over his head, so why the **** wasn't there an adjustment made to correct the problem right then and there? :banghead:

Wasn't there an adjustment? Didn't Gates have 3 receptions?

Death2CasselFans 10-01-2012 10:47 AM

How did we guard the previous TEs?

We played Tony G, Schandler and Graham.

BossChief 10-01-2012 11:00 AM

He needs to be playing free safety.

I'd put any amount of money on him becoming a bigtime difference maker there because it caters to his strengths. The way he is being used now is terrible.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-01-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8966676)
He needs to be playing free safety.

I'd put any amount of money on him becoming a bigtime difference maker there because it caters to his strengths. The way he is being used now is terrible.

I thought ball-hawking was his trip. So why is he playing SS?

lcarus 10-01-2012 11:06 AM

Berry has looked like shit this year but he's coming off an ACL tear and he's only 23. He'll be fine. Plus he's been in some bad LB-like positions this year, when he should be playing back imo.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-01-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8966706)
Berry has looked like shit this year but he's coming off an ACL tear and he's only 23. He'll be fine. Plus he's been in some bad LB-like positions this year, when he should be playing back imo.

I have NO qualms about Berry whatso****ing ever.

True Fan's need to shut their worthless cockholsters.

lcarus 10-01-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8966716)
I have NO qualms about Berry whatso****ing ever.

True Fan's need to shut their worthless cockholsters.

I'm always too pissed about Cassel to give a damn about any other player having a bad day. Especially when they're single covering Antonio ****ing Gates.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-01-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8966724)
I'm always too pissed about Cassel to give a damn about any other player having a bad day. Especially when they're single covering Antonio ****ing Gates.

This.