ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hillis, Wylie and Dorsey out; Brown doubtful (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264681)

GoShox 10-05-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8979400)
One of those sacks came from a blown blocking assignment.
He came in untouched.

The other, I believe, was a coverage sack.

Either way, I'll take that EVERYTIME.
Run his ass back out there!

Honestly, with as tall as he is, maybe he fits better at WR for this QB.

sedated 10-05-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8979363)
And we should also point out that if they really wanted Ryan, 13 picks is plenty of ammo to trade up,

That’s assuming ATL would even consider trading away the rights to Ryan. They needed him just as badly as we did.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-05-2012 01:26 PM

It sucks that we're pretty much in neutral with our team. Nothing has changed since the Herm and Clark era.

Micjones 10-05-2012 01:27 PM

So Lewis may play for the first time this year?

htismaqe 10-05-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8979411)
So Lewis may play for the first time this year?

He missed practice all week with a "personal issue" on top of the fact that he's been hurt all year.

My guess is he won't play.

sedated 10-05-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8979408)
It sucks that we're pretty much in neutral with our team. Nothing has changed since the Herm and Clark era.

2-11

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8979363)
Carl finally started warming to the idea of a QB in the first round. He just never ended up pulling the trigger...

Carl traded a first round pick for Montana and later traded another first round pick (#12 overall) for Green.

I don't think he ever had a problem drafting a QB in the first round, it's just that he or the head coach didn't like anyone. He signed QB's in free agency constantly and drafted QB's in every round but the first and sixth (IIRC).

lcarus 10-05-2012 01:54 PM

I said Dorsey was a bust a couple years ago and some here called me an idiot. I love getting the last laugh. A #5 overall pick gone to ****ing waste.

There were also some here that said Matt Ryan sucked and were glad we didn't have the opportunity to get him. That said, I've been wrong about shit too so...it happens to everyone.

DaWolf 10-05-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8979405)
That’s assuming ATL would even consider trading away the rights to Ryan. They needed him just as badly as we did.

Trade in front of them. He wasn't the first pick. And we had multiple first rounders.

And yes, they did need him badly after Vick. Blank was pushing hard for Dimitrioff to take the QB. Hunt needs to do the same thing this offseason...

BoneKrusher 10-05-2012 01:59 PM

1st Round:
Dorsey
Hali
Tyson Jackson
Poe
DJ
Eric Berry
and
Brandon Flowers a high second round pick.

that's a lot of high draft picks on this Chiefs Defense.
they should be dominating teams week in and week out.

maybe if the Chiefs get a real QB this team will rock.

DaWolf 10-05-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979454)
Carl traded a first round pick for Montana and later traded another first round pick (#12 overall) for Green.

I don't think he ever had a problem drafting a QB in the first round, it's just that he or the head coach didn't like anyone. He signed QB's in free agency constantly and drafted QB's in every round but the first and sixth (IIRC).

My feeling was that he had more of a comfort level with veterans than he did with rookies. I think he also saw guys like David Klingler and Andre Ware drafted back then and said to himself that there's no way he's going down that road. Marty also wanted vets.

With Green, he had very little choice. Once he committed to DV, and Elvis bailed, there were very few options. I think DV forced him into making that trade for Green.

After that point though, I think Carl started realizing they had to develop their own guy. So you're right, after that point I think if a guy had been staring them in the face, they would have taken him. Especially with Herm, I have no doubt that Herm would have been pushing hard for an RGIII or someone had they been drafting during that time. But too little too late, unfortunately both those guys hopped onto the Croyle bandwagon...

DaWolf 10-05-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8979487)
1st Round:
Dorsey
Hali
Tyson Jackson
Poe
DJ
Eric Berry
and
Brandon Flowers a high second round pick.

that's a lot of high draft picks on this Chiefs Defense.
they should be dominating teams week in and week out.

maybe if the Chiefs get a real QB this team will rock.

We haven't been able to consistently get after the QB since the Allen trade. That's the thing that has been holding the defense back. No pass rush = mediocre defense...

The Franchise 10-05-2012 02:06 PM

It's RAC's ****ing bullshit scheme that is bringing this defense down.

BoneKrusher 10-05-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979503)
It's RAC's ****ing bullshit scheme that is bringing this defense down.

i agree.
this scheme sucks balls.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 02:10 PM

RAC only attacks the QB when we're down and he's basically forced to. That's why we start out every game by going down by 14-21 points. He plays that bend don't break bullshit until the score forces his hand. If he actually started out the game by attacking the QB......our defense would be playing better than they are right now.