ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kansas City held hostage by Absentee Ownership (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264928)

Easy 6 10-10-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 8998064)
jwhit still steamed that he lost his edge and had to leave town.

Yep, this is nothing but petty revenge, theres no problem here/hurrrr

memyselfI 10-10-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

He's absentee now too, right? ;)

Molitoth 10-10-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8998070)
He's trying to use our movement to win kc back.

What's the problem with that? He was right the whole time, and we were just oblivious fans buried in the depths of HOPE.

philfree 10-10-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8998059)
I think most KC sports fans have been saying this for awhile now...

Yeah I don't think attacking Clark Hunt is going to do any good. Attacking Cassel and Pioli yes but not Clark. What's he going to do sell the team? And no offense to Jwhit but him attacking Clark will especially do no good. It never did before when it was Lamar and it won't now. Keep beating the beleaguered fan drum and the franchise QB drum but don't go directly after Clark because it will be a waste of energy.

pimpchief 10-10-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8998074)
What's the problem with that? He was right the whole time, and we were just oblivious fans buried in the depths of HOPE.

I didn't say there was a problem with it. I was just calling it for what it is.

JohnnyHammersticks 10-10-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Lost his edge? He was one of the first people who saw Scott Pioli for the insecure, egomaniac, failure that he turned out to be.

teedubya 10-10-2012 08:05 AM

Absentee ownership is exactly the problem. I I mentioned that during the Twitter episode when they told us to get a clue. That was the main point aside from being a cheap bastard.

You can't have passionate owners of your sports teams living out of town in a whole other state... where they take our fans money to another metro area. The Kansas City Chiefs fans money doesnt even stay in Kansas City... it goes to Dallas in the pockets of the chunt family.

memyselfI 10-10-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8998075)
Yeah I don't think attacking Clark Hunt is going to do any good. Attacking Cassel and Pioli yes but not Clark. What's he going to do sell the team? And no offense to Jwhit but him attacking Clark will especially do no good. It never did before when it was Lamar and it won't now. Keep beating the beleaguered fan drum and the franchise QB drum but don't go directly after Clark because it will be a waste of energy.

Lamar Hunt and Ewing Kauffman were off limits for YEARS because of their very real efforts to build their sports here and help keep KC on the major league sports map. But neither are here any longer so I don't understand the notion that owners are hands off. If anything, they should be held MORE accountable if they are continually putting out trash products while in absentia.

HemiEd 10-10-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 8998041)
...been saying this for years......

I sometimes wonder if the reason they won't draft a first round Qb is because of Lenny.

Stevie, do you mean because of the success they had with Lenny?

All of the success they have ever enjoyed has been due to recycled QBs.

The ones they drafted were all busts.

Just from memory the only QB they drafted that enjoyed any measure of success was Steve Fuller, and he was a back up..

Is there someone I am forgetting? That is pretty amazing really, to go 52 years without success at drafting a starting QB.

Frazod 10-10-2012 08:06 AM

I don't suppose you know Mark Cuban, do you? Any chance you could convince him to buy the Chiefs? I guess it would still be absentee ownership, but he actually gives a shit about winning.

teedubya 10-10-2012 08:07 AM

It does make sense to go after Scott Pioli first and see if Clark makes a change. If he doesn't make a change that's when we politely start asking him to sell the team. IMO.

Radar Chief 10-10-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8998075)

:shrug: If you’re going to push buttons why not just go straight to the big red flashing one that says Nuke on it? Jason isn’t wrong, that is the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

Frazod 10-10-2012 08:08 AM

Unfortunately, telling him to GTFO won't work, since he's never even been here.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-10-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8998091)
Unfortunately, telling him to GTFO won't work, since he's never even been here.

LMAO

teedubya 10-10-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8998088)
I don't suppose you know Mark Cuban, do you? Any chance you could convince him to buy the Chiefs? I guess it would still be absentee ownership, but he actually gives a shit about winning.

I already asked him. He laughed.