ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Stanzi has become another Pioli zombie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265012)

tk13 10-11-2012 10:13 PM

The Loch Ness Monster photos have more clarity than those images. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be looking for a football or Nessie.

Otter 10-11-2012 10:15 PM

Heh a "Pioli Zombie". Sad but correct. Heil to the Fuher or lose die job!!!! Sad part is when ur dead and looking back you know you should have said "**** you" and that's why I like Pioli, good or bad.

At least he had the balls.

-King- 10-11-2012 10:17 PM

Wow. Bosschief is back to defending Stanzi's preseason performance?

RealSNR 10-11-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9004218)
I do. You want me to catch you up?

I mean, yeah, he had shit protection, but then that doesn't explain last year when he had shit protection yet fought and clawed and kept plays alive all the time.

BossChief 10-11-2012 10:18 PM

post 28 shows the stills of Stanzi getting his head almost ripped off against St Louis...Jeff Allen getting thrown back into him the second his back foot hit from his drop and the ball placement on the pass that Breaston dropped.

Post 29 shows the ball placement on the fluke tipped interception he threw.

Sorry for the snipping tool quality...I'm a total n00b at using such tools.

BossChief 10-11-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9004267)
Wow. Bosschief is back to defending Stanzi's preseason performance?

I dont give up on my stance in a discussion easily. :)

I think the kid is gonna end the year as the teams starter and will give us some excitement.

Phobia 10-11-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9004268)
I mean, yeah, he had shit protection, but then that doesn't explain last year when he had shit protection yet fought and clawed and kept plays alive all the time.

It was worse this year. I have him at 9/18 in preseason with at LEAST 5 dropped balls. I know he was hit at least 5x and most of the time he had a defender in his face before he even got set. I've accepted that he's backup to the backup and I'm okay with that. But I think most people are judging him on one pathetic 4th down play in which he fumbled in desperation to outrun pursuit of 3 defenders. Many fans questioned, "why didn't he just get rid of the ball?" Heh. Ridiculous. Dude got screwed mostly by whatever line cook was suited up at LT when he was taking snaps.

Phobia 10-11-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9004274)
I think the kid is gonna end the year as the teams starter and will give us some excitement.

I think you're nuts. Dude will never see the field. The guy who compared him to every other obscure drafted Chiefs QB earlier in the thread was probably right.

RealSNR 10-11-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9004282)
It was worse this year. I have him at 9/18 in preseason with at LEAST 5 dropped balls. I know he was hit at least 5x and most of the time he had a defender in his face before he even got set. I've accepted that he's backup to the backup and I'm okay with that. But I think most people are judging him on one pathetic 4th down play in which he fumbled in desperation to outrun pursuit of 3 defenders. Many fans questioned, "why didn't he just get rid of the ball?" Heh. Ridiculous. Dude got screwed mostly by whatever line cook was suited up at LT when he was taking snaps.

I wasn't able to watch the last two preseason games (listened to them on kcfx). I have a hard time believing that the protection he had was worse than our 3rd string offensive line last year. In both the Tampa and the Baltimore game. I mean, it was literally less than one second several times when Stanzi would snap the ball and have a defender immediately up his ass. He evaded THOSE plays, but couldn't make anything out of THESE protections.

I mean, it could just be that our offensive coaches are so terrible that they're REGRESSING our players. I mean, you heard Jim Zorn tutoring Cassel in training camp. Fans were pissed because Cassel is Captain Checkdown, and there Zorn is trying to get Cassel to take the safe option MORE OFTEN.

BossChief 10-11-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9004282)

:thumb:

Honestly, I think I am partially at fault for voicing my opinions of Ricky at the volume I did pre and post draft and that got the expectation level up to a level that was nearly impossible to achieve and the moment things didnt go well for the kid, people placed the blame on him for other players faults.

Its also like you said earlier, that fans of KC see the results of the play and are just quick to throw the QB under the bus because it seems like a broken record with that position in KC.

If Quinn doesnt catch lightening in a bottle, Stanzi will get a chance and I think this team will rally around one of the two.

BossChief 10-11-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9004286)
I think you're nuts. Dude will never see the field. The guy who compared him to every other obscure drafted Chiefs QB earlier in the thread was probably right.

I am gonna keep hope alive that I dont have to see Cassel all year and that if Quinn shits the bed, the next time Cassel comes out, it will be for Ricky.

If Im wrong, oh well. Cant win em all.

Phobia 10-11-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9004295)
I am gonna keep hope alive that I dont have to see Cassel all year and that if Quinn shits the bed, the next time Cassel comes out, it will be for Ricky.

If Im wrong, oh well. Cant win em all.

It's not an indictment on Stanzi. It's the Chiefs and the NFL in general. If teams don't have much invested in a kid and he doesn't catch the right eyes, he'll languish in obscurity and move onto his next career. Let's be honest, most QB's in this league earn their jobs due to injury. Even Tom Terrific got his job when golden boy Drew Bledsoe was injured. If Drew never goes down, maybe Tommy is the guy who is out of the league working in an accounting office.

chiefzilla1501 10-11-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9004184)
With the ease of getting to fans thru social media these days, I don't think things will ever be that way again.

Teams everywhere are locking guys down about this stuff, which IMO, makes the league worse.

Sadly, this isn't just about social media. This is about our players not being allowed to have any personality. Do you think Ozzie Newsome tells Ray Lewis to limit his personality or to do interviews with ESPN?

The Chiefs have purposely distanced the players from the media. We don't even see fluff pieces anymore. We don't care about players anymore. They're no longer players we connect with. They've become employees to a business we support.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9004156)
Bullshit.

He was a VERY good college QB, clutch in big games.

To dismiss what might have been potential as "homerism" is just flat being disingenuous.

Lots of people here wanted Kirk Cousins who is a poor man's Ricky Stanzi.

Then why was he a fifth rounder?

Do you know what Kirk Cousins, in five NFL games, has done that Ricky Stanzi hasn't in 37 games?

Throw a touchdown pass.

NJChiefsFan 10-11-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9004307)
Sadly, this isn't just about social media. This is about our players not being allowed to have any personality. Do you think Ozzie Newsome tells Ray Lewis to limit his personality or to do interviews with ESPN?

The Chiefs have purposely distanced the players from the media. We don't even see fluff pieces anymore. We don't care about players anymore. They're no longer players we connect with. They've become employees to a business we support.

Unless they have something to say to the fans. Then they are given all the rope they want.