ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt is selling the Columbus Crew soccer team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265502)

Nightfyre 10-21-2012 11:57 PM

Is it bad if I thought, "Worthless without pics"?

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9037617)
He's probably pretty good at it.

Rule #1: Do not make advances on your sister-in-law.
Rule #2: If you do, don't write a tell-all letter to your wife detailing the events.

I'm guessing he won't make enough at the marriage counseling gig his entire life to cover the cost of the settlement with his former sister-in-law and that doesn't even begin to cover what the ex-wife got in the deal.

This story used to be all over the web a decade ago but most the sources have disappeared slowly over the years.

From what I was told, this wasn't the first and only time.

I'm sure that any psychologist or social worker would likely agree that this type of behavior isn't a "one and done" type of deal.

cdcox 10-22-2012 12:00 AM

Holy shit, the Chiefs are owned by the Bluth's!

RunKC 10-22-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9037608)
Columbus could be a good soccer market. I know a few fans from Ohio who are really happy about this. They've been bitching about Hunt being cheap in this market for years.

How the **** can Clark be cheap in the MLS? $1 million dollars salary a year is one of the tops for most MLS starters.

Hell about 3/4 of the players only make like 55k a year.

FAX 10-22-2012 12:10 AM

I view this as a net positive for the Chiefs. Either Clark will be able to focus more attention and time on the Chiefs or he's practicing selling sports teams.

FAX

Imon Yourside 10-22-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9037628)
I view this as a net positive for the Chiefs. Either Clark will be able to focus more attention and time on the Chiefs or he's practicing selling sports teams.

FAX

Shift Pioli over to Soccer GM, problem solved.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9037638)
Shift Pioli over to Soccer GM, problem solved.

I'm certain he doesn't know jackshit about soccer, either.

Perfect hire.

Imon Yourside 10-22-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9037640)
I'm certain he doesn't know jackshit about soccer, either.

Perfect hire.

What could possibly go wrong with the former NFL executive of the year. ROFL and crying all in one fell swoop.

|Zach| 10-22-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9037574)
Interesting. I wonder if this is a harbinger of things to come...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9037584)
In all seriousness it's up for sale because the MLS wants local owners. So Ohio.

Yes and no. This has all been in the works for a while now. The big deal in this move is MLS's desire for no owner to own more than one team. There were times in the past where some owners owning a number of the teams was vital to keep the league going but that is not the case anymore. AEG owned 3 or 4 teams at some point in the past but they currently only own the LA Galaxy and part of the Houston Dynamo.

MLS is trying to get Hunt and AEG to get down to one team but passing ownership to the "right" owner is more important than just dumping them off on someone. Local ownership is strongly strongly desired but I am not sure a lack of it would be a deal breaker if someone wanted to come in and sweep up the Crew. It is interesting though even though he lives in Dallas I see Columbus as a better soccer market and a better organization to run. But who knows.

KCrockaholic 10-22-2012 12:32 AM

You might be the only soccer fan I know of... In America.

|Zach| 10-22-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9037648)

And you live out in JoCo?

You would be surprised.

AussieChiefsFan 10-22-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

You might be the only soccer fan I know of...

http://www.moneysuccesshappiness.com...tingAtSelf.jpg

Quote:

In America.
oh.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Uh, what?

SPchief 10-22-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Well, we figured out a MeMeMe mult. She's setting herself up for a long rebuttal her3.

DaneMcCloud 10-22-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9037650)
And you live out in JoCo?

You would be surprised.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a soccer fan. I don't dislike soccer, nor do I hate it, but much like baseball, it's an acquired taste.

That said, soccer in the U.S. is growing exponentially. It's impossible for me, in Los Angeles, to go virtually anywhere without seeing or hearing soccer. I have old friends in JoCo that swear that Sporing KC and their stadium are second to none in terms of value, sight lines and fun.

Again, not my trip but its ludicrous to state that soccer is somehow invisible.