ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MELLINGER: Chiefs fans feel ignored (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265717)

FAX 10-25-2012 10:40 PM

Perception vs. reality. The Chiefs are changing the story line. It doesn't matter if fans have been angry since Mr. Bob Dole lost his virginity. What matters is that they paint SOC as a basement clubhouse of drunken, half-witted, raving lunatics.

FAX

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9050722)
Perception vs. reality. The Chiefs are changing the story line. It doesn't matter if fans have been angry since Mr. Bob Dole lost his virginity. What matters is that they paint SOC as a basement clubhouse of drunken, half-witted, raving lunatics.

FAX

Which, coincidentally, is exactly where Mr. Bob Dole lost his virginity.

jspchief 10-25-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9050704)
We've been angry since Vermeil left....

Yes and no.

I think a lot of fans were (relatively) patient with the post Vermeil era. It was a very old team that had to be torn down and rebuilt. And while fans weren't happy with the losses or Herm's coaching, I think a lot of them recognized that it was a team that was devoid of talent due to that demolition job.

The problem now is they tore it down and built the foundation, and now all the bricks and lumber are lying around rotting while the general contractor trips over his own dick.

I don't consider the current state of fan anger to be the same as it was 6 years ago, nor is it totally just a larger version of the snowball. People know that this team is capable of much better, and the front office is not only holding them down, they are flipping off the fans in the process.

notorious 10-25-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9050722)
SOC as a basement clubhouse of drunken, half-witted, raving lunatics.

FAX

Uh-oh. You might be onto something.

BossChief 10-25-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050720)
There has been no bigger draft failure in the past four years than Scott Pioli.

This, I totally disagree with.

Sorry.

I think this team has a whole lot of talent that is being wasted because Pioli has been unable to sign a good quarterback or coach.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9050726)
Yes and no.

I think a lot of fans were (relatively) patient with the post Vermeil era. It was a very old team that had to be torn down and rebuilt. And while fans weren't happy with the losses or Herm's coaching, I think a lot of them recognized that it was a team that was devoid of talent due to that demolition job.

The problem now is they tore it down and built the foundation, and now all the bricks and lumber are lying around rotting while the general contractor trips over his own dick.

I don't consider the current state of fan anger to be the same as it was 6 years ago, nor is it totally just a larger version of the snowball. People know that this team is capable of much better, and the front office is not only holding them down, they are flipping off the fans in the process.

Personally, I hated the Vermeil hire and his tenure. It set the franchise back five years.

Eight, if you count the "continuation" that Herm brought.

Hammock Parties 10-25-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050720)
If Clark is going through draft choices one-by-one, as the article mentions, Pioli is a goner.

This is immediately what I thought, too.

Especially if he's taking fans into his office and essentially talking shit on the GM by criticizing draft picks.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050729)
This, I totally disagree with.

Sorry.

How so?

As I said on draft day 2009, Tyson Jackson was the WORST pick in franchise history.

The entire 2009 draft was a ****ing disaster of epic proportions that set back this franchise for four years, at least.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-25-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9050717)
If a picture is worth 1000 words, then a gif is worth 1000n words, where n = the number of frames in the gif.

Still doesn't work for me. If you have something to say then say it. I don't doubt Claytons passion, as I said. GIF's just feel like cheap cop out to me. Like not trying.

Doesn't matter anyway.

Phobia 10-25-2012 10:44 PM

They have another surprise coming. Jerks.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050729)
I think this team has a whole lot of talent that is being wasted because Pioli has been unable to sign a good quarterback or coach.

Who? Who on this ****ing team that Pioli drafted SHOULD be performing at a higher level that isn't?

Half the mother****ing draft picks are GONE and the other half, outside of Justin Houston and maybe Berry, were overdrafted and/or suck ass.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-25-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050730)
Personally, I hated the Vermeil hire and his tenure. It set the franchise back five years.

Eight, if you count the "continuation" that Herm brought.

You and I don't agree on much but we do on this. Vermeil was a complete joke. Yeah nice offense. Too bad you need a defense too. I hate Vermeil.

RealSNR 10-25-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050738)
Who? Who on this ****ing team that Pioli drafted SHOULD be performing at a higher level that isn't?

Half the mother****ing draft picks are GONE and the other half, outside of Justin Houston and maybe Berry, were overdrafted and/or suck ass.

Baldwin and Breaston could be doing a HELL of a lot more with a remotely good QB and a competent coach.

And... yeah, that's all I got. I guess Charles, the run game, and all the offensive line guys that Pioli has brought in would greatly benefit from the QB change as well.

BossChief 10-25-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9050732)
How so?

As I said on draft day 2009, Tyson Jackson was the WORST pick in franchise history.

The entire 2009 draft was a ****ing disaster of epic proportions that set back this franchise for four years, at least.

I dont disagree with a word of this post. In fact I totally agree with it. The only good pick from that draft was a kicker taken with a comp pick (I know, I know Barth is better and I agree, but Succop is a good kicker).

Funny that Belcher is probably the best player from that offseason and he didn't get here until Phil Emery was brought in and wanted him, not Pioli.

My disagreement is with the draft classes after the 2009 dumpster fire.

2010 and 2011 were damn good draft classes and 2012 was above average.

If you would like me to continue, should I use my words, or yours?

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9050744)
I dont disagree with a word of this post. In fact I totally agree with it. The only good picks from that draft were a kicker taken with a comp pick (I know, I know Barth is better and I agree, but Succop is a good kicker).

Funny that Belcher is probably the best player from that offseason and he didn't get here until Phil Emery was brought in and wanted him, not Pioli.

My disagreement is with the draft classes after the 2009 dumpster fire.

2010 and 2011 were damn good draft classes and 2012 was above average.

If you would like me to continue, should I use my words, or yours?

My quotes in 2010 are irrelevant because whatever hope I had has dissipated due to their individual and collective performances (I wasn't around for the 2011 draft).

See, Pioli is paid $5 million a year to know more that I do. Although more often than not, he knows less.

He's a disaster.