ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266769)

TimeForWasp 11-18-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9130907)
Chiefs keep it close next week....

Broncos 52

Chiefs 7
Posted via Mobile Device

It may be close, but I don't think it will be THAT close.

Deberg_1990 11-18-2012 08:37 PM

So question George......

Is this is the worst Arrowhead atmosphere you have ever seen? I was just a kid back in the 80s, but i dont remember fan apathy and anger being quite as bad as this season.

gblowfish 11-18-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9131529)
So question George......

Is this is the worst Arrowhead atmosphere you have ever seen? I was just a kid back in the 80s, but i dont remember fan apathy and anger being quite as bad as this season.

Well, you can't really compare the two eras exactly side by side.

I think in the 1980's, there were fewer Chiefs fans, and the general feeling was apathy. Also, usually the team would finish just good enough to draft mid-pack. They'd go 6-10, or 7-9, etc etc etc, so they would perpetuate their mediocrity. The problem is, it was like that for an entire decade.

Now with social media, and the 24 hour news cycle, and sports talk radio, the intensity of the spotlight is more intense. Also, the cost of the tickets are much higher now than then. So the commitment a season ticket holder must make, in terms of dollars, is much higher now than then. Back then, tickets were $16 a game for a great seat. Now, my seats are around $125 each. So the bite it takes out of your pocketbook stings a lot more.

gblowfish 11-19-2012 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9131507)
I always knew that you were Haley himself. Quit ****ing posting on CP and focus on calling plays, man;

WTF???

scho63 11-19-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9131182)
A 1-9 start will do that to you.
"Well, besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

The Blackout was great and easy to see on TV. I was explaining what was going on to the various fans from different teams around me at the bar and a few even heard about it. That's pretty impressive!

Your review is spot on. No accountability and a team that is just like the crap we had in the 80's, probably worse.

Being a Chiefs fan in Kansas City area at least you have each other for consoling one another after a loss. I however grew up on the Jersey Shore and was completely alone in my misery all the years growing up. :deevee:

1ChiefsDan 11-19-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9133014)
The Blackout was great and easy to see on TV. I was explaining what was going on to the various fans from different teams around me at the bar and a few even heard about it. That's pretty impressive!

Your review is spot on. No accountability and a team that is just like the crap we had in the 80's, probably worse.

Being a Chiefs fan in Kansas City area at least you have each other for consoling one another after a loss. I however grew up on the Jersey Shore and was completely alone in my misery all the years growing up. :deevee:

I have been in donktown the past 9 years. A friend gave me a Chiefs Suck bumper sticker in donk colors. I have it on my garage fridge until the Chiefs prove him wrong. :(

scho63 11-19-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133263)
I have been in donktown the past 9 years. A friend gave me a Chiefs Suck bumper sticker in donk colors. I have it on my garage fridge until the Chiefs prove him wrong. :(

I think the only thing worse than being you would be living in Oakland as a Chiefs fan! :banghead:

gblowfish 11-19-2012 01:25 PM

Another stat that was very telling from yesterday. KC was a combined 1 for 12 on third and fourth down. That is on Brian Daboll.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9133627)
Another stat that was very telling from yesterday. KC was a combined 1 for 12 on third and fourth down. That is on Brian Daboll.

That's a Kansas City CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

teedubya 11-19-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief77 (Post 9131451)
Fans of other dog teams will look back at the 2012 KC Chiefs fans, and hopefully learn how to start their own fan gestapo's.

There is definitely a blueprint to success on this... the first few steps/days are crucial.

Graystoke 11-19-2012 02:34 PM

Good write up again.
I am just suprised you don't write 1-10 = Chiefs Suck!