ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adam Caplan's nice write up on GM candidates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267079)

RealSNR 11-26-2012 02:00 PM

Tom Gamble's write-up blows everyone else's out of the water. But that's probably just the opinion of the writer.

Still... would be hard to go wrong with him.

Hoover 11-26-2012 02:07 PM

Looks to me like the writer wanted to do a feature on Gamble and then added the others. Wish he would have treated them all the same way.

Chief Roundup 11-26-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9153733)
With shit? Yeah.

Who the GM or HC chooses to sign or draft is the fault of the director or vice president of pro personnel?
At least they found a QB later in the draft that has been able to start and win a game for them.

Chief Roundup 11-26-2012 02:17 PM

Decosta
Gamble
Keim

Chief Roundup 11-26-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9153753)
I still want Marc Ross. But Gamble would be a fine consolation prize for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9153759)
1. Ross
2. Gamble
3. Wolf (seeing as he's been promoted above Highsmith in the same organization)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9153770)
1. DeCosta*
2. Ross
3. Gamble

*Understanding fully that we don't have a legitimate shot.

Why do you guys love Ross? Have you all looked at his drafts since he has been in charge? They are pretty bad. He hits on 1st rounders only.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9153932)
Looks to me like the writer wanted to do a feature on Gamble and then added the others. Wish he would have treated them all the same way.

A little on Marc Ross, who I think is currently primed as a GM. I'd really like to see the Chiefs get this guy. Young, but not too young, smart, experienced, played the game (offensively as a receiver), etc. He's got a real nice list of credentials.

Quote:

Marc Ross is in his fifth season as the Giants’ Director of College Scouting. Ross is in charge of the Giants’ college scouting department and the team’s draft. He joined the organization on May 18, 2007 and ran his first organizational draft the next year, when the Giants selected Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas and Mario Manningham, among others.

Ross came to the Giants from the Buffalo Bills, for whom he spent three seasons as a national college scout.

Ross’ first NFL job was as a public relations training camp intern with the Giants in 1995. After leaving camp, Ross worked in Columbia University’s athletics department.

Ross returned to the NFL with the Eagles’ personnel department during the club’s 1996 training camp. He was the team’s eastern regional scout from 1997 until 2000, when, at age 27, he became the NFL’s youngest college scouting director. During his tenure in Philadelphia, Ross was responsible for drafting such outstanding NFL Players as Brian Westbrook, Lito Sheppard and Derrick Burgess.

After seven years with the Eagles’ organization, Ross joined the Bills in the spring of 2004 as a national college scout.

Ross was an All-Ivy League wide receiver at Princeton in 1993 and 94. He holds five school records, including one as a receiver (a 20.2-yard average per catch in 1993) and four as a punt returner (most career returns, 74; most career return yards, 696; most returns in a season, 32 in 1994 and most yards in a game, 161 on six returns vs. Cornell in 1994).

Ross earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from Princeton and a master’s degree in sport management from the University of Massachusetts in 1997.

FloridaMan88 11-26-2012 02:28 PM

Eric DeCosta has to be option #1.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9153971)

Not Leaving Baltimore.

FloridaMan88 11-26-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9153973)
Not Leaving Baltimore.

Many said the same thing about Fat Scott not leaving New England in 2009.

Titty Meat 11-26-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9153971)

No way Clark will pay him.

Chief Roundup 11-26-2012 02:49 PM

Giants drafts under Ross

David Wilson
Rueben Randle
Jayron Hosley
Adrien Robinson
Brandon Mosley
Matt McCants
Markus Kuhn

Prince Amukamara
Marvin Austin
Jerrel Jernigan
James Brewer
Greg Jones
Tyler Sash
Jacquian Williams
Da'Rel Scott

Jason Pierre-Paul
Linval Joseph
Phillip Dillard
Mitch Petrus
Adrian Tracy
Matt Dodge

Hakeem Nicks
Clint Sintim
William Beatty
Ramses Barden
Travis Beckum
Andre Brown
Rhett Bomar
DeAndre Wright
Stoney Woodson

Kennyy Phillips
Terrell Thomas
Mario Manningham
BryanKehl
Jonathan Goff
Andre Woodson
Robert Henderson

Aaron Ross
Steve Smith
Jay Alford
Zak DeOssie
Kevin Boss
Adam Koets
Michael Johnson

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2012 03:01 PM

Out of that list, Tom Gamble hiring Vic Fangio make the most sense.

I think that would be a formidable combination, if it were to happen.

B_Ambuehl 11-26-2012 04:36 PM

The problem with all those guys is, like Hackoli in New England, they've never had final say. Therefore it's impossible to determine whether they had anything to do with their teams success. I wouldn't touch anyone with a 10 foot pole who doesn't have a previous history of having final say. I'm not sure I'd be averse to giving The Big Show another chance to run a football team as he appears to have that Cleveland team on track all things considered.

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 9154281)
The problem with all those guys is, like Hackoli in New England, they've never had final say. Therefore it's impossible to determine whether they had anything to do with their teams success. I wouldn't touch anyone with a 10 foot pole who doesn't have a previous history of having final say. I'm not sure I'd be averse to giving The Big Show another chance to run a football team as he appears to have that Cleveland team on track all things considered.

Well, then, there's pretty much no one out there but failures like Charley Casserly or old, stupid ****s like Bill Polian that bring his doucheold son with him.

Your position is ****ing stupid.

T-post Tom 11-26-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9154052)
Out of that list, Tom Gamble hiring Vic Fangio make the most sense.

I think that would be a formidable combination, if it were to happen.

This times eleventy billion. Would be just as happy with Gamble/McCoy. Wish someone could get this article into Clark's hands.