ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267301)

ChiefsCountry 12-02-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9173866)
There was no way there was 50K today. There were so many empty seats. You will see how empty it is from the highlights or the replay

Since I was at the stadium I think I would know.

ClevelandBronco 12-02-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9173500)
...In a very strange way, it rendered the entire season meaningless and trivial. This is real life tragedy involving a player we've all talked about on the CP, his 22-year old girlfriend; and saddest of all, a three month old baby daughter who is now an orphan.

I'm glad you said it, because I'm feeling the same way yesterday and today. Not just about this season, but about football in general.

Clay posted this pic in the game thread late last night, and it struck me as horrible and perverse and misguided and abusive and exploitative and just generally disheartening and soul-sapping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9170272)

ForeverChiefs58 12-02-2012 07:51 PM

Great post as always George. Loved the pics, and made it tie together very well

GloryDayz 12-02-2012 08:03 PM

Good job, and I agree, I hope we never have a week like this in football again. I hate untimely death...

Prison Bitch 12-02-2012 08:25 PM

Read the whole post, great passion for the franchise. Nice pics

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9173916)
Clay posted this pic in the game thread late last night, and it struck me as horrible and perverse and misguided and abusive and exploitative and just generally disheartening and soul-sapping:

Are you ****ing serious? That picture is meant as a show of support for the team.

acasas4 12-02-2012 08:46 PM

Great thread as always man! :thumb:

DBOSHO 12-02-2012 09:12 PM

I never read these all the way, but ive always appreciated that you take the time to do these. Theyre all well thought out and accurate.

But i will nitpick one thing: i think cams listed at 6'6''

Big Chief Homer 12-02-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9173596)
Clark is there for most, if not all the games. I think he's missed a couple because of his soccer team, but usually he is there. He's usually on the field during warm ups, he stands in front of the Chiefs bench with his entourage of suits. He goes back up to his suite about five minutes before the team comes out for the national anthem. Today he popped out of the tunnel and onto the sidelines at the two minute warning before Carolina got the ball for the last time. He is NOT Jerry Jones. He doesn't pester the players or coaches during the game. That's why this was so unusual. First time I've ever seen him on the field during a game.

Thank you very much for the information. Thats exactly what I was wondering about.

Big Chief Homer 12-02-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9173601)
Yes he has been at every home game this year.

Thank you!

Mr. Flopnuts 12-02-2012 09:20 PM

Great stuff!

gblowfish 12-02-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9173826)
What can I say GB, you always deliver a great analysis and I have a couple of questions:
  1. Any comments on what Pioli did or the fans reactions to him? I didn't see a single peep about him from any TV network, a camera shot, or a commentary on radio.
  2. How many people do you guess attended the game? The TV coverage showed an empty parking lot and a stadium that looked 35% full. The coverage on TV was afraid to show any shots of the stadium, it was really funny. I didn't see a single shot of a fan or a stadium pan during the entire game.
  3. What was tailgating like today? An Irish wake?

Thank you as always and if the Chiefs make some major changes this off-season, I am going to finally come to Arrowhead for a game and I want to have a drink with you! :thumb:

Pioli was on the field before the game during warm ups. There's some pics in the national press of him. He had already gone in before I got into my seats.

I thought there was probably 50,000. Once the game started, downstairs filled in fairly well, upstairs and rich bastard seats were probably about 50% full. Not many Carolina fans, but some. Not nearly like last week with Denver.

Tailgating looked pretty normal. It was a beautiful day today, more like October than December. Today was probably the best weather day of the whole season. Perfect day to play football.

alpha_omega 12-02-2012 09:44 PM

Once again. Outstanding.

milkman 12-02-2012 09:49 PM

Don't have any comments on this, other than to say, nice work, as usual, and thank you for continuing to do this each and every week.

gblowfish 12-02-2012 10:00 PM

I did forget one important picture. I did take a shot of the Fox Sideline Chick's ass.
I don't know her name, but I could read her body mic!

http://i46.tinypic.com/ie35mv.jpg