ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Hell of a Take on the Belcher Tragedy by Brady Quinn... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267318)

Demonpenz 12-03-2012 04:29 PM

now I'm done

J Diddy 12-03-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176277)
My son was watching him and saying what a class act and how much of a leader he is. He's too young to remember the younger Brady Quinn version. I told him that he's matured a lot and I think his time on the bench has caused him to become humbled. I hope he stays as our backup. I thought I'd never say something like that. And I'd rather have him than Kyle Orton who I still don't think could handle something like Quinn did yesterday.

He's getting traded to Oakland?

HemiEd 12-03-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9175422)
Everyone that has someone fairly close to them commit suicide will ask themselves this.

I will never stop asking myself those questions.

It has happened to me twice in my life, and the one thing both of them had in common was complacency. "It just doesn't matter."

If I ever hear that again from anyone, my antennae will be fully erect and I will be involved.

bricks 12-03-2012 04:47 PM

Well, the saying "how are you?" is too common and familiar that we're so accustomed to it. In other words, we're programmed to say it.

That's the problem right there. Because were so programmed to say "how are you?" We actually become desensitized to the actual saying itself.

Now, I'm no expect on this topic but I'm just stating what I believe.

loochy 12-03-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9175366)
When you ask someone how they are doing, do you really mean it?

No, and that's why I don't do it. I don't really care how most people are doing. I usually say "hi" or "hello" instead. I don't say "good morning" because I don't like morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9175366)
When you answer someone back how you are doing, are you really telling the truth?

Yes.

J Diddy 12-03-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9177165)
It has happened to me twice in my life, and the one thing both of them had in common was complacency. "It just doesn't matter."

If I ever hear that again from anyone, my antennae will be fully erect and I will be involved.

I will make sure never to say that, even jokingly, around you. You keep your erect antenna the hell away from me.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9177165)

Except sometimes it really does happen in what seems out of the blue. We had a friend who was leading a double life and did it when he was found out. No one saw it

J Diddy 12-03-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9177200)
Well, the saying "how are you?" is too common and familiar that we're so accustomed to it. In other words, we're programmed to say it.

That's the problem right there. Because were so programmed to say "how are you?" We actually become desensitized to the actual saying itself.

Now, I'm no expect on this topic but I'm just stating what I believe.

This is a good point. Something I've noticed a lot of lately. I'll always just ramble off how ya doing without thinking about it and a lot of time will get a hello or nod. First it irritated me, but then i realized it was just the spontaneous equivalent of hello.

bricks 12-03-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9177222)
This is a good point. Something I've noticed a lot of lately. I'll always just ramble off how ya doing without thinking about it and a lot of time will get a hello or nod. First it irritated me, but then i realized it was just the spontaneous equivalent of hello.

That's an interesting perspective. It could be seen that way.

Chiefspants 12-03-2012 07:21 PM

His comments are now on the front page of Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comme...he_most_basic/

Marcellus 12-03-2012 07:27 PM

Why didn't he mention the fans not booing yesterday contributed to the win?

O.city 12-03-2012 08:12 PM

Good for Quinn.

Props.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9177679)
Why didn't he mention the fans not booing yesterday contributed to the win?

I know, right? :D

HMc 12-03-2012 08:42 PM

Am I only one that thinks this isn't terribly profound or deep, and that it's just been reposted across the internet with (roughly) the same title because that's what people do?

The problem with his comment (IMO) is that "How are you doing?" is merely a greeting. It isn't an actual request for information on that person's wellbeing. If you want to actually know, you have to go a bit deeper than that.

There's a good reason people don't download all their personal shit onto people who ask "how ya doin mate?".

rabblerouser 12-04-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9175396)
QB limitations aside, I like the dude BQ has become. He used to seem so douchey to me when he was at Notre Dame... now, after interviews like that one, he seems like an intelligent, introspective thinker. Pretty cool.

2 years on the bench, coupled with the other ups and downs of marriage and basically life can change a person during their mid-20's.

I've always liked BQ, coming out of college I wanted the Chiefs to trade back up to nab him after Bowe...he should've started the season opener, as far as I'm concerned.