ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News China: Man stabs/wounds 22 children and one adult outside of a school (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267667)

Mi_chief_fan 12-14-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9208570)
From then article:

"No motive was given for the stabbings, which echo a string of similar assaults against schoolchildren in 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50. The most recent such attack took place in August, when a knife-wielding man broke into a middle school in the southern city of Nanchang and stabbed two students before fleeing."

Is nearly twenty dead people enough for you?

From the same article:

He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

So, in this particular incident, NOBODY was killed.

listopencil 12-14-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 9208601)
From the same article:

He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

So, in this particular incident, NOBODY was killed.

That's not my contention. The fact is that people were killed by knives in a stabbing spree perpetrated against children. There have been several of these attacks. We'd do more of a service to our kids to find out why these attacks happen than react primarily to the choice of weapon.

Molitoth 12-14-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9207980)
Typical. The US does something, and China immediately produces a low quality imitation.

LMAO

Saul Good 12-14-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9208361)
I hate you for making me laugh about something like this.

In my defense, I wouldn't have gone there if it wasn't a really funny joke.

FlaChief58 12-14-2012 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The end is near

FlaChief58 12-14-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9207980)
Typical. The US does something, and China immediately produces a low quality imitation.

ROFL

Demonpenz 12-14-2012 04:53 PM

IKUT YU has been detained for questions.

Mi_chief_fan 12-14-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9208680)
That's not my contention. The fact is that people were killed by knives in a stabbing spree perpetrated against children. There have been several of these attacks. We'd do more of a service to our kids to find out why these attacks happen than react primarily to the choice of weapon.

Agreed, but also not what I was contending. She called this incident a mass killing when in fact, nobody was killed.

Crush 12-14-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9208757)
The end is near

They ran out of rock. That is why the calendar abruptly ended.

CrazyPhuD 12-14-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

From then article:

"No motive was given for the stabbings, which echo a string of similar assaults against schoolchildren in 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50. The most recent such attack took place in August, when a knife-wielding man broke into a middle school in the southern city of Nanchang and stabbed two students before fleeing."

BTW here's the fuller info on those attacks. At least you can't fault the chinese judicial system for moving too slowly....

Quote:

Following a quick trial, Zheng Minsheng was executed about one month later on April 28.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Ch...school_attacks

RealSNR 12-14-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9208791)
IKUT YU has been detained for questions.

Delicious

KChiefer 12-14-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

From then article:

At least it took a year to reach twenty with knives, not a period of recess or a movie preview.

listopencil 12-14-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 9208819)
Agreed, but also not what I was contending. She called this incident a mass killing when in fact, nobody was killed.

Yup, true. I'm a little on edge and probably still in a bit of shock from the school shooting. I guess I'm still lumping a lot of these attacks together, trying to make peace with the whole thing. She's probably doing the same thing.

Mi_chief_fan 12-14-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9209207)
Yup, true. I'm a little on edge and probably still in a bit of shock from the school shooting. I guess I'm still lumping a lot of these attacks together, trying to make peace with the whole thing. She's probably doing the same thing.

No worries, I know you mean well. You'd be surprised at how closely we agree on this.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2012 07:52 PM

A LIVING WEAPON