ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pre-Combine QB Poll V1.0 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268355)

RealSNR 01-02-2013 12:52 PM

Your dumbassery is very very intriguing, Exoter

whoman69 01-02-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9267114)
We had a poll like this earlier... Where did that go. Something like 80% wanted Geno first overall and he had over 150 votes last I checked.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267010

That thread also had Tyler Bray in it who only got 2% of the votes. That poll was preceded by another poll that stated 76% of the CP fanbase said we should go QB or bust.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266993

whoman69 01-02-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9267225)
Why would a bunch of QB's running around in shorts and a t-shirt....with no defense being played...Sway you either way? Either he's your guy or he's not. The combine makes no difference.

I think the combine is good to judge a prospect's footwork and athletic ability that you can't always see on tape. There is also the interview portion to get inside their head. Ryan Leaf is a good example of the second point.

Prison Bitch 01-02-2013 01:32 PM

Very few top prospects would play the Sr Bowl since it would only hurt them, i.e. Geno. He would not play that game

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-02-2013 01:44 PM

Geno or Death.

O.city 01-02-2013 01:46 PM

Most of these guys aren't gonna throw at the combine anyway. Geno, Wilson and Barkley won't and i doubt a guy like Glennon will either.

The combine is a great time to see the mental side of these guys, which is something we will never know about since it's kept mainly secret.

So this, "I'll wait till the combine" is a BS excuse when it comes to QB's. I don't really care about his 40 time or long jump.

alnorth 01-02-2013 01:57 PM

Geno will not play in the senior bowl. The four QB's who will play are Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, and EJ Manuel

Nightfyre 01-02-2013 07:38 PM

The most recent list put out by the senior bowl shows only 3 QBs have accepted to this point. Last year there were six QBs I believe. I only care because I am going to the game.

Exoter175 01-02-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9268194)
Where's the Gaz option???

I failed you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9268449)
Your dumbassery is very very intriguing, Exoter

Gracias!

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9268687)
I think the combine is good to judge a prospect's footwork and athletic ability that you can't always see on tape. There is also the interview portion to get inside their head. Ryan Leaf is a good example of the second point.

This right here, it doesn't really give us an equal evaluation of what each QB can do in a game time situation against the same defense, same variables or anything, but it gives you a chance to evaluate their raw talents as well as fundamentals. Ricky Stanzi came into the Combine as the #3, maybe #4 guy, left the combine at #6 or #7 because of his mechanics. This combine very well could shake things up on footwork alone with Wilson, Bray, and Barkley.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9268776)
Most of these guys aren't gonna throw at the combine anyway. Geno, Wilson and Barkley won't and i doubt a guy like Glennon will either.

The combine is a great time to see the mental side of these guys, which is something we will never know about since it's kept mainly secret.

So this, "I'll wait till the combine" is a BS excuse when it comes to QB's. I don't really care about his 40 time or long jump.

This is where I'm the most eager. I actually think a number of guys will be able to improve their stock by throwing in the combine. I honestly believe the days are gone where a guy would forgo the passing drills at the combine because he didn't want to hurt his stock, because lets be honest, moving down one spot on your position could cost you 15-20 million dollars. That isn't the case anymore. Now you have much less to lose, and more to gain. That's just my opinion though, take it with a grain of salt. I think guys like Wilson, Bray, and Glennon will actually throw this combine.

hometeam 01-02-2013 09:25 PM

King neck with only 3. gee.

I_AM_Chief 01-02-2013 09:28 PM

Barkley in the 2nd round if he was still there. Worst class ever though, watching Teddy Bridgewater right now makes me cry he isn't eligible. We are screwed with this scrub class of QB's.

Exoter175 01-02-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_AM_Chief (Post 9271303)
Barkley in the 2nd round if he was still there. Worst class ever though, watching Teddy Bridgewater right now makes me cry he isn't eligible. We are screwed with this scrub class of QB's.

I wouldn't call them scrubs. There is a ton of talent there, just not nearly the separation of talent we've seen the last 2 years.

Psyko Tek 01-02-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9267235)
because I want to hear what professional scouts say about him.

7 times out of 10 the draft board/mocks as they near the draft are nearly identical.
if no one is projecting Geno in the 1st after the SB and Combine, then I'll take their word for it. it would be one thing if thery were projecting him in the top 10, then not even list him the 1st is too much of a variance.

and the combine absolutely makes a difference. Not in a way of "wow, guy had a shitty combine for a guy slotted as a top 10 pick; ...he's not going to be drafted". but it can effect guys up or down by quite a few slots. the combine is a complimentary part of the evaluation of players. And if the combine made zero difference, why would the NFL throw a ton of money and resources to organized it?

Plus, I haven't see all of him games, only a handful; and I want to see him in person (so to speak)

|I don't have a lot of faith in combines, wish I had watched the games, but I like to get out one day a weekend, so just watch NFL, I am aty the point of draft the best QB available and play him,. if he fails draft another and try him
it works for detroit on WR didn't it

patteeu 01-03-2013 01:03 AM

Why not include all the QBs likely to be in the draft? Or at least an "other" option?

gohogs14 01-03-2013 01:03 AM

NFL.com's QB preview

ht tp://ww w.nfl.co m/draft/story/0ap1000000121092/article/geno-smith-matt-barkley-headline-2013-nfl-draft-quarterbacks