ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid: An unlikely head coach who became a football ‘CEO’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268542)

SAUTO 01-05-2013 10:53 PM

Hasselbeck actually might have something left
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-05-2013 10:54 PM

McNabb doesn't
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner 01-05-2013 10:56 PM

cool article. I did not know Reid is such a well rounded man :D

siberian khatru 01-05-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9286944)
Bullshit! We need to keep our secrets, piss off our players and make double sided copies of ducuments to save paper and pick up paper wrappers. That builds a winner.

TOGETHER IS POWERFUL

EagleRob 01-05-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9287031)
McNabb doesn't
Posted via Mobile Device

Reid and McNabb had a ridiculous bromance over the years. The breakup was ugly and the Philly fans had turned on McNabb. He had to trade him. It always felt like he sent him to Washington because it was a better option for McNabb than Oakland. There's still some love left. In a new place, its possible he makes amends for the way he sent McNabb packing.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9287061)
Reid and McNabb had a ridiculous bromance over the years. The breakup was ugly and the Philly fans had turned on McNabb. He had to trade him. It always felt like he sent him to Washington because it was a better option for McNabb than Oakland. There's still some love left. In a new place, its possible he makes amends for the way he sent McNabb packing.

Reid did him a HUGE favor by not sending him to Oakland...

AussieChiefsFan 01-05-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9287064)
Reid did him a HUGE favor by not sending him to Oakland...

This LMAO

EagleRob 01-05-2013 11:05 PM

I hope to heck for Chiefs fans it doesn't happen but Reid is a very loyal guy. There are some serious bets down back east though.

Hammock Parties 01-05-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9286944)
Bullshit! We need to keep our secrets, piss off our players and make double sided copies of ducuments to save paper and pick up paper wrappers. That builds a winner.

You try to tell Andy Reid this and he'll say BULLSHIT! JUST KEEP FIRING THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD!

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9287072)
I hope to heck for Chiefs fans it doesn't happen but Reid is a very loyal guy. There are some serious bets down back east though.

We got the #1 pick in the draft. If we get a QB there, everything else is pretty much icing on the cake.

Goldmember 01-05-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9286399)
a decade late, but we're finally joining the real nfl

That's our Chiefs, always the imitators, never the innovators. Maybe Reid will change that.

CaliforniaChief 01-05-2013 11:34 PM

Great write-up.

I hope he can do a little self-care. I sincerely worry about a man in his mid 50's carrying around that much weight who has a lot of personal stress and a highly demanding job.

I like what I've read about him. I think he'll thrive in Kansas City. I'll be really pumped if Dorsey is indeed the guy who is hired as GM. I'd also be thrilled to see Kevin Greene/Winston Moss brought in as DC. That's going to be a key hire.

I'm looking forward to Monday's presser.

EagleRob 01-05-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9287152)
I hope he can do a little self-care. I sincerely worry about a man in his mid 50's carrying around that much weight.

He's in a better place now. The last season was taking it's toll. Methinks he would have taken a year off but also heard KC was his first choice all along. At one point he lost about 50 lbs. Probably put about 30 back since.

CaliforniaChief 01-05-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9287173)
He's in a better place now. The last season was taking it's toll. Methinks he would have taken a year off but also heard KC was his first choice all along. At one point he lost about 50 lbs. Probably put about 30 back since.

I personally understand how difficult this struggle is (losing weight), but have no idea how painful losing a son is...particularly under those circumstances.

HemiEd 01-06-2013 03:06 AM

Most of it is very encouraging, especially the parts about a franchise Qb and discipline.

After having "just play good football, I don't know what happened" for a HC, there is going to be some culture shock for some of these players when they are expected to be accountable. Hopefully the good ones come around.