ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Colorado get away (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268671)

kaplin42 01-09-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual (Post 9299741)
Take a look at Breckenridge. I lived in Colorado for more than half my life, and it's my favorite mountain town.

Breckenridge is the place I recommend. And from there you can hit Vail, and Frisco pretty quickly.

Nice shopping, decent bars, skiing, tourist stuff, yet small and quaint. Wife would love it im betting.

DMAC 01-09-2013 01:58 PM

You know you aren't actually going to go. Why waste our time?

ptlyon 01-09-2013 02:05 PM

I've always wanted to rent a cabin way up in the mountains miles from anyone.

Get snowed in, warm fire, go out & kill a deer if you get hungry.

REDHOTGTO 01-09-2013 02:06 PM

i've been goin to estes for over 30 years now, it gets my vote.
this time of year its kinda quiet but on the upside , no lines at restaraunts !
lots of good places to eat like "smokin daves" best BBQ anywhere, for breakfast eat at "the egg & i" for burgers eat at "penelopes"
as for somewhere to stay try http://www.mcgregormountainlodge.com/ its really nice and also close to rocky mountain national park
hope you have fun, we wont get there till may this year

ptlyon 01-09-2013 02:11 PM

Oh, & of course shoot Elway or Manning if I run across them, too.

Brock 01-09-2013 02:16 PM

Lake City used to be nice. Haven't been there in a long time. Most of the places I used to go in Colorado are now covered in million dollar houses with a walmart down the road.

Ceej 01-09-2013 02:26 PM

You should probably just go to Wichita.

It is lovely this time of year.

Oh, and the less you spend for your anniversary the more you can spend with us in Vegas in September.

Just saying.

Monty 01-09-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 9299794)
Steamworks?

No, SKA brewing. :drool:

DMAC 01-09-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 9300385)
No, SKA brewing. :drool:

Hell yes.

Sofa King 01-09-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9299689)
Long story short......

Wife & I's anniversary is coming up next month. Looking to take her away for a couple days to Colorado. I've been looking at Vail, or Estes Park, etc. Just not sure what's a good semi romantic place to go. Looking for some quiet together time, but a place with some decent food & nightlife.

Hoping some of you can give me some suggestions.

http://www.datgif.com/wp-content/upl...eepy-smile.gif

COchief 01-09-2013 03:31 PM

Short and sweet just for you:

Estes Park: Absolutely dead this time of year, seasonal town. Would get my highest recommendation if you were talking May-Sept. Winter is a ghost town.

Vail: Holy shit get out your checkbook, if you aren't skiing I can't imagine why you'd want to stay there. I would heavily suggest if your wife likes to shop to NOT take her there.

Glenwood Springs is where I'd tell you to go. Absolutely beautiful town with enough shops and restaurants to keep you entertained and a much more reasonable rate. Plus if you get antsy, Vail is not too far of a drive.

HC_Chief 01-09-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9300544)
Short and sweet just for you:

Estes Park: Absolutely dead this time of year, seasonal town. Would get my highest recommendation if you were talking May-Sept. Winter is a ghost town.

Vail: Holy shit get out your checkbook, if you aren't skiing I can't imagine why you'd want to stay there. I would heavily suggest if your wife likes to shop to NOT take her there.

Glenwood Springs is where I'd tell you to go. Absolutely beautiful town with enough shops and restaurants to keep you entertained and a much more reasonable rate. Plus if you get antsy, Vail is not too far of a drive.

ROFL She'll love it; your wallet won't.

Mr. Plow 01-09-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9300263)
You know you aren't actually going to go. Why waste our time?

I've already tricked several people, including my wife, into believing that I'm taking her away for a few days. VICTORY IS MINE!

bevischief 01-09-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9300842)
I've already tricked several people, including my wife, into believing that I'm taking her away for a few days. VICTORY IS MINE!

Tell her you are taking her to Fargo, ND.

Mr. Plow 01-09-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9300285)
I've always wanted to rent a cabin way up in the mountains miles from anyone.

Get snowed in, warm fire, go out & kill a deer if you get hungry.

If we were going for a 4+ days, I'd look into a cabin. VRBO always has good deals on cabins/condos/houses for rent. Generally get a good rate at 4/5+ days.

But, since it's probably only going to be 2 nights....3 max.....I'll stick with a decent hotel.