ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Possible QB back-up options... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268848)

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2013 08:17 PM

Drew Stanton is an interesting option too. Seems like a typical Reid qb.

Also... Sorry, I have to say it and I'm not saying I'm excited about it. But there's a good chance Kevin kolb gets cut. If he is... Belch, but I'm sure the speculation will be that kc would look.

rico 01-13-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9315924)
Why on earth would the Chiefs release Stanzi. Look, he might not be any good but he's going to go through camp with Reid because he's cheap and already under contract. With our luck he's going to turn out to be the next Tom Brandy and Scott ***** will haunt us forever since he picked the kid.

I think Reid is going to want someone who knows his system, if released I think Kolb is the guy. Vick isn't going to help a young QB learn the Reid offense because he runs too much.

From the limited amount of snaps we saw from Stanzi in two seasons of preseason games, it seems he regressed from last season...from the preseason games and from the twitter slapdicks who were at TC, it seemed as if he were struggling to grasp Daboll's "system." Who knows, maybe he will grasp Reid's offense a bit easier....... Maybe he just sucks. I'd love it if he emerged as being, well....competent and on our roster.

King_Chief_Fan 01-13-2013 08:30 PM

based on that turd of a list, I am now firmly in the camp of drafting with #1 pick, a QB

rico 01-13-2013 08:31 PM

If we selected Geno in the 1st, and Bray (who I personally think is awesome regardless of the character flaws) ended up dropping to the 3rd or 4th and we nabbed him there....I'd probably JIMP.

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9315979)
based on that turd of a list, I am now firmly in the camp of drafting with #1 pick, a QB

It's not a turd of a list. Reid does a great job with backups. There was never a question that our starter has to come from the draft.

Gadzooks 01-13-2013 11:58 PM

I was right about Clausen.

Bowser 01-14-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Why on earth would the Chiefs release Stanzi. Look, he might not be any good but he's going to go through camp with Reid because he's cheap and already under contract. With our luck he's going to turn out to be the next Tom Brandy and Scott ***** will haunt us forever since he picked the kid.

I think Reid is going to want someone who knows his system, if released I think Kolb is the guy. Vick isn't going to help a young QB learn the Reid offense because he runs too much.

Becasue Stanzi is awful. Like, really awful.

Sorter 01-14-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9315982)
If we selected Geno in the 1st, and Bray (who I personally think is awesome regardless of the character flaws) ended up dropping to the 3rd or 4th and we nabbed him there....I'd probably JIMP.

Totally. If Dysert is there and Bray isn't in the 3rd, I'd probably think long about it.

ChiefGator 01-14-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Mark Sanchez -- One offseason after guaranteeing him $20.5 million -- including all of his $8.25 million 2013 base salary -- the delusional Jets front office has internally considered trading the quarterback once absurdly nicknamed "Sanchize." They'd be lucky to get a bag of punctured footballs in light of Sanchez's on-field performance, and the contract makes him completely untradeable. Perhaps they'll bite the bullet and cut him outright.
Leaving them WHO as QB? They are just as screwed as us, without the #1 pick though.

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Stanzi was never good. He completed like 4-5 passes in preseason and everyone went ****ing apeshit thinking Pioli pulled another Brady out of the magicians hat of tricks.

He has no future in the NFL...he was just average in college.

People really need to stop w/ the Stanzi shit...this team needs 3 new QB's.

ChiefGator 01-14-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9316598)
Stanzi was never good. He completed like 4-5 passes in preseason and everyone went ****ing apeshit thinking ***** pulled another Brady out of the magicians hat of tricks.

He has no future in the NFL...he was just average in college.

People really need to stop w/ the Stanzi shit...this team needs 3 new QB's.

And they will need 4 QB total going into camp. Stanzi will be at least a camp arm.

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9316601)
And they will need 4 QB total going into camp. Stanzi will be at least a camp arm.

If he's a camp arm then so be it....as long as he's not on the PS or final roster then I'm fine w/ that.

oldman 01-14-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9315978)
it seemed as if he were struggling to grasp Daboll's "system." Who knows, maybe he will grasp Reid's offense a bit easier....... Maybe he just sucks.

What part of checkdown to Dex and Omaha Omaha didn't he get?
I don't think we have a QB on the current 53 man roster worth keeping. If you need a camp arm, there's always Tanney.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9316612)
What part of checkdown to Dex and Omaha Omaha didn't he get?
I don't think we have a QB on the current 53 man roster worth keeping. If you need a camp arm, there's always Tanney.

ROFL

Trick Shot most certainly isn't worth keeping.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9315982)

Potentially toxic situation. No thanks.

If you take another QB later, it has to be a guy that's a GUARANTEED backup.