ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Roger Goodell's Salary 20 Million WTF? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268992)

alnorth 01-16-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9326560)
If anything he's probably underpaid
Posted via Mobile Device

eh, I think he's fine. I don't think he needs more money than the Mickey D's CEO.

AussieChiefsFan 01-16-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9326560)
If anything he's probably underpaid
Posted via Mobile Device

I wouldn't call 20 mil a year, underpaid.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9326423)
It's a privately-held business (technically a cartel) that chooses what they will pay their management team. It's really none of my business what he makes nor do I care. If the owners weren't making billions, and franchises weren't skyrocketing in value, they woudln't pay the man that coin.

This isn't a typical business because Goodell and other NFL owners get to cap their player's wages, and then pocket additional money for themselves. He's overpaid and he's bad at what he does.

I will never, ever understand why fans always criticize players for getting paid this kind of money, but they're cool with owners making an insane amount of money. I pay to watch the players, not Clark Hunt.

Bump 01-16-2013 08:31 PM

considering that Goodell is hired by the NFL owners, they can pay him whatever they want lol. This isn't a government job yo. The owners are making billions, $20 mill to their top manager doesn't seem too overpaid.

Mr. Laz 01-16-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9326550)
No way? I would think much more than that. Guessing 4mill a year.

you mean you really don't know? :spock:

They don't make much(relatively speaking) in office.

Quote:

The president earns a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment
Presidents make their big money AFTER being in office with book deals and lectures etc.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9326705)
considering that Goodell is hired by the NFL owners, they can pay him whatever they want lol. This isn't a government job yo. The owners are making billions, $20 mill to their top manager doesn't seem too overpaid.

What kind of cooshy job is that where you can set caps on your high paid employee's salaries so that you can pocket more money of your own? That's the distinction. Regular employees get paid a normal wage. NFL players are underpaid and that means people like Goodell make a shit-ton. What's worse is that worthless owners are making a shitload of money too.

|Zach| 01-16-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9326711)

Presidents make their big money AFTER being in office with book deals and lectures etc.

Presidents...in this country...come into the position insanely rich.

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9326688)
I wouldn't call 20 mil a year, underpaid.

The bastards overpaid if you ask me because he's ruining the goddamn NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 09:08 PM

Is there anything about Roger Goodell that makes someone think that tens of thousands of people couldn't perform the same job? Why, then, is he one of the highest paid employees in the United States?

tk13 01-16-2013 09:12 PM

To his credit, I think it's amazing he was able to take a billion dollar business and convince a large chunk of society that the players needed to be locked out for the financial good of the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9326855)
To his credit, I think it's amazing he was able to take a billion dollar business and convince a large chunk of society that the players needed to be locked out for the financial good of the game.

Did he really accomplish that? I think a replacement level commish could have done the same thing. Most fans resent the salaries of the players but not the profits of the owners because they know one but not the other. We also live in a society where union is a four letter word.

GloryDayz 01-16-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

They were edging ever closer to a fiscal cliff, weren't they??? LOL!!! Good point...

tk13 01-16-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326858)
Did he really accomplish that? I think a replacement level commish could have done the same thing. Most fans resent the salaries of the players but not the profits of the owners because they know one but not the other. We also live in a society where union is a four letter word.

Probably not completely, but they were able to lock the players out, make more money, and push it right up to the preseason without damaging the league's PR at all. And that was right after signing a multi-billion dollar contract for Monday Night Football. Of course some of that is America's obsession with football. I don't think he's the only guy that could've done that, but between this and securing so many new stadiums for teams, he's done the money-making part of the job very well.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Goodell got clowned by the player's union through the entire lockout process. I can't think of a meaningful thing the guy has done. He made a joke of the negotiation process, his system of enforcing punishments is almost like he shakes a magic 8 ball, and concussion-gate is a complete disaster.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 09:24 PM

I look at being commissioner of the NFL the same way I look at owning a team: it takes a staggering level of incompetence to be only mildly successful and an almost unheard of level of idiocy to actually fail at the job.