ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Rambo arrives at JC Penney (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269052)

Fish 01-18-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9331430)
You don't cause a panic if it's concealed. A person walking into a store with an AR-15 in full view is very likely to incite panic.

Not that I agree with the way the guy did this... But I do understand the point he was trying to make, which is reinforced by the comments here.

It's the same gun whether it's tucked in his belt concealed, or slung on his back. You are in no more danger with it slung on his back than you are with it hidden away. And in fact, you're likely safer with the gun visible. To a responsible gun owner, there's no difference. To someone completely unfamiliar with guns, it's reason to freak the **** out. Even if that person would be fine knowing there's concealed carry and someone in the vicinity is probably carrying right then. Why should the simple visibility make that drastic of a difference between knowing somebody's probably carrying a gun and "Holy **** that guy has a gun!" If more people were safely and responsibly familiar with guns, maybe we could bridge that gap between the two reactions....

Not saying everyone should throw their gun over their shoulder and head out to pick up some Cap'n Crunch. But seeing a weapon carried in public by a normal responsible citizen shouldn't instantly cause terror.

Valiant 01-18-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9331472)
...you wouldn't like Arizona.

Don't confuse the people.. They live in their own world and do not understand things are not all the same.. I have never been scared seeing most people carry weapons in public.. It might be, most are law abiding citizens.. Now the minority of that, sure you have a point.. But then you are not trying to restrict them, you are trying to do it to the whole, which is the problem.

Sure, you don't normally see this in most areas. He is making a point. Especially over the whole so called scary looking rifle law. No rifles killed those kids. It was handguns, handguns that could be easily concealed. But that is not the main topic for some reason by the media(who glamorize the murderers) and politicians..

candyman 01-18-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9331506)
Don't confuse the people.. They live in their own world and do not understand things are not all the same.. I have never been scared seeing most people carry weapons in public.. It might be, most are law abiding citizens.. Now the minority of that, sure you have a point.. But then you are not trying to restrict them, you are trying to do it to the whole, which is the problem.

Sure, you don't normally see this in most areas. He is making a point. Especially over the whole so called scary looking rifle law. No rifles killed those kids. It was handguns, handguns that could be easily concealed. But that is not the main topic for some reason by the media(who glamorize the murderers) and politicians..

Are you sure? Ive read conflicting reports on this. Originally it was the AR-15 they found in the trunk that was never used, then it was used and it was a shotgun found in the trunk.

KChiefer 01-18-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9331522)
Are you sure? Ive read conflicting reports on this. Originally it was the AR-15 they found in the trunk that was never used, then it was used and it was a shotgun found in the trunk.

Dude's full of it and propagating conspiracy theories.

The only evidence that it was only handguns was a lone NBC Today report that they even said was unconfirmed. All others have stated an AR-15 was used.

big nasty kcnut 01-18-2013 06:30 PM

Oh sure whine about this it's a everyday deal in israel.

houstonwhodat 01-18-2013 06:34 PM

It doesn't matter what weapons that asshole used in Newtown.

If he didn't have any guns and wanted to kill them kids he would have found something else to use trust me.

listopencil 01-18-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9331487)
Not that I agree with the way the guy did this... But I do understand the point he was trying to make, which is reinforced by the comments here.

It's the same gun whether it's tucked in his belt concealed, or slung on his back. You are in no more danger with it slung on his back than you are with it hidden away. And in fact, you're likely safer with the gun visible. To a responsible gun owner, there's no difference. To someone completely unfamiliar with guns, it's reason to freak the **** out. Even if that person would be fine knowing there's concealed carry and someone in the vicinity is probably carrying right then. Why should the simple visibility make that drastic of a difference between knowing somebody's probably carrying a gun and "Holy **** that guy has a gun!" If more people were safely and responsibly familiar with guns, maybe we could bridge that gap between the two reactions....

Not saying everyone should throw their gun over their shoulder and head out to pick up some Cap'n Crunch. But seeing a weapon carried in public by a normal responsible citizen shouldn't instantly cause terror.

All joking aside, I don't like a wep being slung so its barrel is near horizontal. I guess it is that "treat every gun like it's loaded, keep it pointed downrange, don't aim it at someone unless you plan to shoot them" thing I was raised with. Not that it is more dangerous to sling an unloaded weapon in that way, but it gets my attention in a negative way. I consider it poor etiquette.

notorious 01-18-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9331701)
"treat every gun like it's loaded, keep it pointed downrange, don't aim it at someone unless you plan to shoot them" .

This.

First thing I said when I saw this picture.

Nightfyre 01-18-2013 09:40 PM

I would probably be uncomfortable in that situation. I don't know why. After all, I was probably in greater danger from some of the idiots at Army basic. LMAO.

jspchief 01-18-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9331404)
Why would it be OK concealed?

Because it wouldn't look like someone who's about to start shooting the place up?

Anyone who doesn't see the idiocy of this protest needs to have their head examined.