ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs FOX Sports Mock: QBs could go quickly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269218)

DaKCMan AP 01-23-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9344166)
7. Arizona Cardinals: EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State

By the time the Senior Bowl, the combine, and all the pre-draft second, third, and fourth guessing is done — EJ Manuel will leap over Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray, Geno Smith, Ryan Nassib and all the rest of the other quarterbacks ranked above him on other mock drafts. Bruce Arians is going to bring a new and innovative offense to Arizona, and though the offensive line needs to be addressed, Arians goes with a quarterback and a fresh new start in the desert. Manuel has the height, athleticism, experience, and leadership to be a great quarterback in this league. Seeing all the new wrinkles, formations, and possibilities he used in Indianapolis and what other coordinators did in Seattle, Washington, and San Francisco this season — Manuel is the guy. I could be wrong — I’ve been wrong many times before — but I like the Florida State kid’s game in the pros more than Geno Smith or Matt Barkley’s.

:LOL: ROFLROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOROFLROFL:LOL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9344205)
I stopped fully paying attention after E.J. Manuel went in the top 10. All I did after that was look to see where Geno went.

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9344209)
Is EJ Manuel a riser? I dont know much about him

No. He's terrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9344228)
I honestly think he should be.

A ton of people absolutely hate the guy and every time I watch him, I like him.

He's big, he's strong, he's athletic, he's got a cannon (bigger arm than Geno), he's generally smart with the football. Manuel really does look like a raw Big Ben with plus athleticism.

He's not a first round prospect, but I guess he could work his way in there. I can't figure out why so many people don't like him and I keep trying to figure out why I shouldn't move him ahead of guys like Barkley, Glennon, Nassib (essentially everyone but Smith, Bray and Wilson) but I can't.

He looks legit to me.

Because he sucks. He has a strong arm, yes. He's tall and an athlete, yes. That's about where it starts. He's not that smart with the football. FSU's pass offense mostly consists of short, quick dump-offs/screens. In close games, Emanuel struggles. He makes some WTF? throws. He's not accurate and doesn't have very good throwing mechanics or footwork. He forces throws too often and is, overall, inconsistent. I've seen EJ a lot and he isn't an NFL QB. Draft him to play QB is fail. Whenever Florida played FSU I was concerned about their defense & running game. Never worried about EJ. If anything, I felt them playing him at QB was an advantage for the Gators.

Moron:
http://static.foxsports.com/content/...109153_0_0.JPG

dallaschiefsfan 01-23-2013 12:00 PM

Sign Albert...cut Cassel...have Flynn released by the seachickens, signed by someone else and Alex Smith traded to or signed by someone else....THEN you'll see mock drafts think about putting a QB to the Chiefs. And not until then. GOT IT?

007 01-23-2013 12:01 PM

I am so sick of hearing there is no RGIII or Luck in this draft. JFC there hasn't been in any draft prior to last years either. I guess no QB should have been draft between Manning and RGIII and no QB should be drafted ever again.

Bowser 01-23-2013 12:03 PM

They told Peter Schrager that he could become anything he wanted to be. He became an internet draft prognosticator.

Dayze 01-23-2013 12:06 PM

this mock makes my dick itch.

Bowser 01-23-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9344303)
this mock makes my dick itch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SIaFtAKnqBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 01-23-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9344314)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SIaFtAKnqBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THAT video makes BlackB...err, Rambozo's...dick itch.

Bowser 01-23-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9344325)
THAT video makes BlackB...err, Rambozo's...dick itch.

LMAO

Chest Rockwell 01-23-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9344285)

Good lord. That dude has a very high toptoof-to-face ratio.

You certainly can't trust anyone with that high a toptoof-to-face ratio.

FringeNC 01-23-2013 12:16 PM

These guys don't really know anything, but they often do have off the record talks with scouts and front office personnel. If after the combine, Geno Smith is not the consensus #1 pick for the Chiefs, doubtful we will be taking him.

Frosty 01-23-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9344228)
I honestly think he should be.

A ton of people absolutely hate the guy and every time I watch him, I like him.

He's big, he's strong, he's athletic, he's got a cannon (bigger arm than Geno), he's generally smart with the football. Manuel really does look like a raw Big Ben with plus athleticism.

He's not a first round prospect, but I guess he could work his way in there. I can't figure out why so many people don't like him and I keep trying to figure out why I shouldn't move him ahead of guys like Barkley, Glennon, Nassib (essentially everyone but Smith, Bray and Wilson) but I can't.

He looks legit to me.

Manuel has Jake Locker-esque accuracy. I've never been impressed with his ability to throw the ball.

siberian khatru 01-23-2013 12:31 PM

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am ****ing SICK of reading that same shit over and over.

Clyde Frog 01-23-2013 12:38 PM

So...according to this guy...if we re-sign Albert well have 2 LT's, a RT, a Swing Tackle and 0 QB's worth a shit. Meanwhile StL will have 2 1st Rd QBs (Bradford and Smith) even though thier Oline is a sieve and theres a shit ton of (1st and 2nd rd) Oline prospects this year. solid logic

Munson 01-23-2013 12:40 PM

**** this mock.

milkman 01-23-2013 12:40 PM

I'd bet that over half these national media types would have difficulty finding KC on the map.

No one wants to project a QB to the Chiefs #1 overall cause that would mean they would atcually have to cover KC for a few minutes.