ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Winston Does KCTV Weather Ad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269643)

Rasputin 02-03-2013 01:21 PM

It should have been a Josh.o web redemption & Josh would have made it funny & more witty. This gets a D+ & C+ for effort.

RealSNR 02-03-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9374549)
YOu all still pissed about his comments after a game? Jeez, let it go. After the crap we've had at RT for a long ass time, he's really not bad at all. **** what he said as long as he plays hard. So what he defended his QB, even if he sucked ass. Plus I mean...come on, there were some fans cheering. I was, and I wasn't even there.

Dude never apologized to us. Had he even made a fakey insincere one, I would have moved on.

Chris Meck 02-03-2013 01:26 PM

You guys need to get a grip. Those of you that are hating on the guy have obviously never really been part of a team or a platoon, have you? I sure wouldn't have wanted you in my foxhole.

You go to bat for your teammates no matter what. You stand up for your brothers. That's all the guy was doing, and in the heat of the moment his perception was maybe a tad skewed.

No, the entire stadium was not cheering Cassel's injury. Some most certainly were. That is a sad statement of just how bad things had to get before we, as fans, got change.

Get the sand out of your vag and get on with your life. Winston's an above average RT and is not in any way a problem. I LIKE that he stood up for his QB-yes, even if it was Mediocre Matt. It shows that he's a good teammate. I haven't seen the ad, but I think the concept is really quite funny and is a step towards healing the rift that developed between city and team. You have to remember- it's not like these guys weren't trying. It's not like they didn't care. Their coaches were overmatched and their QB was shit. It's not just a job, it's their life and I'm sure it hurts them to lose more than it hurts the fans-and I'm sure when the fans turn on them that hurts, too.

It is a positive sign that even in the depths of the worst season in franchise history, with the worst coaching and worst QB play-that these guys were still trying to play for each other. That makes the hill Reid has to climb a lot easier as you don't have to clean house, you just need to build on it.

Smed1065 02-03-2013 01:51 PM

Bunch of sand in this thread.

Coach 02-03-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9374493)
That was pathetic. Not even close to funny and definitely not an apology.

This.

Winston can get lost for all I care.

ClevelandBronco 02-03-2013 02:05 PM

I heard an interview with Winston on Denver radio last week. It was my first exposure to the man. He sounded intelligent and funny.

GloryDayz 02-03-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9374685)
I heard an interview with Winston on Denver radio last week. It was my first exposure to the man. He sounded intelligent and funny.

Yeah, PR campaign in full "repair image" mode... Actually, there's a good question in your post... He doesn't give many interviews in his own city, why's he giving them out in our biggest rival's? Hey, here's an idea, y'all take his dumb ass...

ClevelandBronco 02-03-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9374709)
Yeah, PR campaign in full "repair image" mode... Actually, there's a good question in your post... He doesn't give many interviews in his own city, why's he giving them out in our biggest rival's? Hey, here's an idea, y'all take his dumb ass...

I'll take him on the radio, but there aren't many Chiefs players that I'd want to see in a Broncos uniform. JC for the two seasons he has left. That's about it. Berry perhaps.

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9374720)
I'll take him on the radio, but there aren't many Chiefs players that I'd want to see in a Broncos uniform. JC for the two seasons he has left. That's about it. Berry perhaps.

LOL Okay. He just turned 26.

He has at least 4 very good seasons left.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-03-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9374685)

Sensitivity training on page 3!

kysirsoze 02-03-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9374533)
I stopped caring about that as soon as the media shut up about it.

Except any time the Chiefs fanbase gets national attention for the next ten years (which won't be often) his heroic tirade will come up.

Not only is this NOT an apology, it's him getting yet more attention for what he said. Still, I'm more offended by how unfunny this spot is.

-King- 02-03-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9374549)
YOu all still pissed about his comments after a game? Jeez, let it go. After the crap we've had at RT for a long ass time, he's really not bad at all. **** what he said as long as he plays hard. So what he defended his QB, even if he sucked ass. Plus I mean...come on, there were some fans cheering. I was, and I wasn't even there.

The butthurt is hilarious. I was there. There was cheering. Him saying something about it didn't surprise me. As a player, to hear people cheering for an injury has to feel terrible.

But oh well. He doesn't have to apologize for what he said. Just keep playing like a top 10 RT and I'll be happy.

-King- 02-03-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9374709)

ROFLROFL Quick, what Chiefs players have given a lot of interviews the past 4 years?

BTW, he called into 610 a week or so before Branden Albert did.

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9374755)
Except any time the Chiefs fanbase gets national attention for the next ten years (which won't be often) his heroic tirade will come up.

Not only is this NOT an apology, it's him getting yet more attention for what he said. Still, I'm more offended by how unfunny this spot is.

I don't think this could be any further from the truth.

kysirsoze 02-03-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9374787)
I don't think this could be any further from the truth.

I hope you're right. I just know how the media likes to put stories into "context". They love being able to reference something as "brave" and "inspiring" as Winston standing up for the poor, abused players.