ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The KANSAS CITY CHIEFS are on the clock! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269682)

evolve27 02-05-2013 03:58 AM

Wait next year to draft a QB/Kiper

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 04:20 AM

All we have to do is put Alex Smith in the weight room to get his arm strength up and we have our QBOTF!!!

evolve27 02-05-2013 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9379352)
All we have to do is put Alex Smith in the weight room to get his arm strength up and we have our QBOTF!!!

Five year plan!! Part 6!

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolve27 (Post 9379353)
Five year plan!! Part 6!

Just playing the numbers. We're due one of these times. You just gotta keep on, keepin' on.

evolve27 02-05-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9379355)
Just playing the numbers. We're due one of these times. You just gotta keep on, keepin' on.

If we don't draft Geno, then the doom train keeps a chuggin' along.

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolve27 (Post 9379356)
If we don't draft Geno, then the doom train keeps a chuggin' along.

What are the percentages on a non-1st round QB winning the SB? We have to be getting to that slim percentage with all our attempts over the past 30 years. Can't quit now. :evil:

evolve27 02-05-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9379358)
What are the percentages on a non-1st round QB winning the SB? We have to be getting to that slim percentage with all our attempts over the past 30 years. Can't quit now. :evil:

If we don't draft Geno...then I quit. Won't be able to hang on much longer for signs of an offense. Sign Albert(didn't we draft him in hopes of keeping him for 10+ years and be set at that position), draft Geno, and screw Joeckel.

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolve27 (Post 9379360)
If we don't draft Geno...then I quit. Won't be able to hang on much longer for signs of an offense. Sign Albert(didn't we draft him in hopes of keeping him for 10+ years and be set at that position), draft Geno, and screw Joeckel.

LMAO I'm right there with you man. It doesn't have to be Geno, though I'd prefer him, just take your QB. There is one out there worth the first overall pick. Find him, draft him, ?????, and profit.

evolve27 02-05-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9379363)
LMAO I'm right there with you man. It doesn't have to be Geno, though I'd prefer him, just take your QB. There is one out there worth the first overall pick. Find him, draft him, ?????, and profit.

Yeah other prospects intrigue me too. But if the scouting staff believes in a winner then I'm all for it.

Unsmooth-Moment 02-05-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9378649)
Andy Reid was the first coach in the league to realize that QBs should be throwing it 40 times a game. Now, 40 attempt games are commonplace for every QB worth a damn.

Knowing that, I think we clearly need to trade whatever we have to in order to get Alex Smith. He's a former first overall draft pick, so you know he has talent. Plus, he wasn't throwing a lot the last couple of years, so you know he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his arm.
I'm worried that Geno Smith, who is used to throwing 35 times a game, will wear out before he finishes training camp.

We need a veteran, proven QB who doesn't throw the ball a lot so that he has the energy/strength left in his arm to throw a lot. That's Alex Smith.

1st pick - trade for Alex Smith
2nd pick - Trade up for Eric Fisher. I think he'll be as good as Joeckel and we can get him at like pick 11 if we give up next year's first, which will be #32 anyway.
3rd pick - used to trade up for Fisher.
4th pick - WR to replace Bowe.

Lol

BigRichard 02-05-2013 05:47 AM

Don't know if anyone has thrown out this possible scenario but isn't it possible they don't draft a qb first over all then they do some sort of trade with our early second and maybe next years first to jump up high enough to still grab a decent qb?

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 9379369)
Don't know if anyone has thrown out this possible scenario but isn't it possible they don't draft a qb first over all then they do some sort of trade with our early second and maybe next years first to jump up high enough to still grab a decent qb?

The reason I don't like that is this class is talented but shallow. You drop off from the top two QBs (who will need development too) and you find yourself starting a real project. The risk isn't worth the extra pick, because:

1- You can get the top rated QB with the first overall

2- there isn't another player that stands out as the clear cut #1 player in the draft that is a must have/can't miss prospect.

You're just hamstringing yourself at the most important position by losing a pick to try and fill that position with less talent.

ChiefRocka 02-05-2013 07:03 AM

Geno if we remain at #1 and Barkley in a trade down. This I am good with.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-05-2013 07:19 AM

If we trade down to #8 or so would we still lose out on Tyler Wilson ????

bigjosh 02-05-2013 07:21 AM

I really hope joeckel gets caught blowing lines off a hookers ass so these true fan **** tards will stop the dumb assery. but theres probably just move on to star lootiltwatti or even worse back to teo.