ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jake Long vs Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270284)

htismaqe 02-22-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9426364)
Jake long would be for us like Tony Baselli(sp?) was to the Texans.

Broken?

Hootie 02-22-2013 05:42 PM

is Jordan Black still available?

philfree 02-22-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9426374)
Broken?

And a big mistake.

ChiTown 02-22-2013 05:43 PM

If you have a choice, better the Devil you know, than the one you don't.

Fritz88 02-22-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426351)
And last year he got absolutely destroyed by the Colts and Seahawks, who both field multiple rushers who are speed, speed and more speed.

There is no way I want Jake Long as our LT in a division where we play Von Miller twice a year.

Still, better than Albert.

If it's going to cost the same for both, I'd take Long in a heart beat.

After he starts a few games for KC, you will be like

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...61/281/8d0.gif

BigMeatballDave 02-22-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9426391)

:rolleyes:

AustinChief 02-22-2013 05:55 PM

Assuming they sign for exactly the same amount(ridiculous) It comes down to health. Period. If both are completely healthy then it's Jake Long by a mile. You have to have some serious blind stupidity to think otherwise. There isn't anyone outside of KC who wouldn't laugh their ass off at the rampant homerism in this thread. That being saying... it looks more and more like Long won't ever be back to full health for a full season AND it's likely he will demand much more money than Albert... two solid reasons to keep Albert.

Hootie 02-22-2013 05:57 PM

we may be a bunch of rampant homers

but you're a Michigan fan

so maybe there is a bit of rampant homerism for your undying love of Jake Long?

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

The ****? No, asshole.

Albert only had one bad game last season and it wasn't NEARLY as bad as Long was in either of those two contests.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9426416)
Assuming they sign for exactly the same amount(ridiculous) It comes down to health. Period. If both are completely healthy then it's Jake Long by a mile. You have to have some serious blind stupidity to think otherwise. There isn't anyone outside of KC who wouldn't laugh their ass off at the rampant homerism in this thread. That being saying... it looks more and more like Long won't ever be back to full health for a full season AND it's likely he will demand much more money than Albert... two solid reasons to keep Albert.

Yep.

1) It's not likely that Long will be fully healthy. He's showing signs of "breaking down".

2) Just based on their current salaries and what their cap number would be if tagged, Long could command money that's a good 150% of what Albert could get.

BigMeatballDave 02-22-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

How is Long so much better?

They've both been protecting shitty QBs their entire careers.

Someone dig up sacks allowed.

AustinChief 02-22-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9426418)
we may be a bunch of rampant homers

but you're a Michigan fan

so maybe there is a bit of rampant homerism for your undying love of Jake Long?

Of course I admit to that... but let's be realistic. This thread would be laughed at by EVERY other fan of every other team out there. Due to injuries, Jake Long has fallen off quite a bit the last couple of years but IF HEALTHY he is still a long ways above Albert. Of course Albert should be cheaper, healthier and still has potential to grow so the smart move is to resign him unless he demands a crazy contract.

Brock 02-22-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Long is no better than Albert. Not at all.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-22-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9426428)
Of course I admit to that... but let's be realistic. This thread would be laughed at by EVERY other fan of every other team out there. Due to injuries, Jake Long has fallen off quite a bit the last couple of years but IF HEALTHY he is still a long ways above Albert. Of course Albert should be cheaper, healthier and still has potential to grow so the smart move is to resign him unless he demands a crazy contract.

Well no shit. The "name value" to the average fan means more than actual play on the field.

-King- 02-22-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Yeah...other than the fact that Long has gotten worse every single season since he turned pro.

Fun fact: In 2012, Branden Albert allowed 1 sack in 12 games.... in 12 games, Jake Long allowed 7 sacks.