ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs More Peter King nonsense about Albert and Joeckel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270421)

htismaqe 02-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9441636)
He also thinks you can't look at the measureables when it comes to Manti Te'o. Thinks his instincts will make up for his lack of measureables in game speed. He's totally sold on the guy. Dumb motha...

His instincts sure helped him against Alabama.

HC_Chief 02-26-2013 02:49 PM

Peter King is a hack.

DaWolf 02-26-2013 02:50 PM

King's argument is dumb. The only way his argument makes sense is if Branden Albert = Barry Richardson. Unless someone can sit there and argue as to why Joekel would be a major, major upgrade over Albert, you are just promoting the status quo for a team that went 2-14. You're also arguing that it's not worth investing into your better players, and when it comes time to pay them you let them walk and replace them in the draft. So in five years, we should be preparing to replace Joekel with another guy in the draft because we could then afford a safety.

Let's also gloss over that this is one of the deepest safety classes in years.

Stupid...

Pasta Little Brioni 02-26-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 9441676)
Peter King is a hack.

But, but, but he can WRITE!!!! It might not make sense and is usually reeruned, but he can WRITE!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-26-2013 02:56 PM

Don't confuse logorrhea with eloquence. Peter King is ****ing garbage in every avenue of his life. I'd rather smuggle Concertina wire in my ass across mountainous terrain than read anything that useless **** has written.

He's everything that's wrong with sports jounalism.

BlackHelicopters 02-26-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9441555)
This is Scott *****'s opinion, through the mouth of Peter King.

It's obvious.

FYP. Peter King's ROUND mouth

HC_Chief 02-26-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9441701)
Don't confuse logorrhea with eloquence. Peter King is ****ing garbage in every avenue of his life. I'd rather smuggle Concertina wire in my ass across mountainous terrain than read anything that useless **** has written.

He's everything that's wrong with sports jounalism.

Cringe-inducing visual...

RealSNR 02-26-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9441638)

Is that Methhead Barry?

htismaqe 02-26-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9441681)
King's argument is dumb. The only way his argument makes sense is if Branden Albert = Barry Richardson. Unless someone can sit there and argue as to why Joekel would be a major, major upgrade over Albert, you are just promoting the status quo for a team that went 2-14. You're also arguing that it's not worth investing into your better players, and when it comes time to pay them you let them walk and replace them in the draft. So in five years, we should be preparing to replace Joekel with another guy in the draft because we could then afford a safety.

Let's also gloss over that this is one of the deepest safety classes in years.

Stupid...

GREAT.

FREAKING.

POST.

RealSNR 02-26-2013 03:15 PM

God I want the Chiefs to draft Geno at 1. So bad. If for no other reason than to watch the period blood flow into the streets from King, Mayock, *****, and any other dumbass lover of fatties who talks about the draft on TV.

Munson 02-26-2013 03:15 PM

I'm convinced that Peter King has never seen a Chiefs game in his entire life.

HC_Chief 02-26-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9441758)
I'm convinced that Peter King has never seen a Chiefs game in his entire life.

I'm sure he's caught as few series between wiping Cheetos dust out of his eyes and mustard stains off his titties, errr, polo shirt...

KC_Lee 02-26-2013 03:21 PM

Perhaps we should start asking this to all the draft "experts" who love the fatties; "If the Chiefs let Albert walk and draft Joekel, do we simply repeat this process in 5 years when we let Joekel walk for another rookie LT?"

I'd love to hear / see a draft "expert's" response to that.

O.city 02-26-2013 03:23 PM

I don't get why taking Geno/Barkley at 1 is such a big risk. Risk for what? Winning 23 games in 4 years? Or what, 27 in 6 years?

Yeah, trading for Alex Smith or whoever assures that won't happen right?

duncan_idaho 02-26-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9441650)
The trio of Casserly, ***** and Tannenbaum (sp?) is painful to listen to yet strangely entertaining. I just sit there and think "yeah, this is why you are on NFLN and not working in a front office". :shake:

Watching the joke yesterday about USC quarterbacks and both Tannenbaum and Pioli sitting there because of them was golden...

I'll give Tannenbaum credit... at least he DRAFTED the guy high, rather than trading a second-round pick for sixth-round garbage...