ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Alex Smith or Carson Palmer? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270545)

Hootie 02-28-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9450161)
Im not sure what his problems are...but his stats from last year look decent. 61% passer.....22 TDs, 14 INTS, over 4000 yards.

Lmao

Garbage time. Do some research...he owned garbage time, that was it. I swear...go look at his game log.

Imon Yourside 02-28-2013 07:34 AM

Can we include Cassel in this discussion?

oldandslow 02-28-2013 07:41 AM

A Smith....every time.

BigCatDaddy 02-28-2013 07:42 AM

Thigpen

Pasta Little Brioni 02-28-2013 07:52 AM

Turd sandwich or Giant Douche?

Mother****erJones 02-28-2013 07:57 AM

Acid bath

tecumseh 02-28-2013 08:05 AM

I doubt Palmer starts anywhere this season. Overpriced and over aged. Who would continue to burn money on him?

Bwana 02-28-2013 08:07 AM

Smith

Mr. Laz 02-28-2013 08:58 AM

Palmer > Smith

but Smith is younger, so there is that

RyFo18 02-28-2013 09:08 AM

I'm not sure how to answer this. I need a gun to my head to really put the pressure on me.

Alex Smith 4Ever 02-28-2013 09:17 AM

Alex Smith is 5 years younger and the better player. He had a 104 QB rating this year

Hootie 02-28-2013 09:41 AM

threads like these make me realize most of you don't watch any football outside of Chiefs football...

I'm not even talking about stats in this case. Even in this case, stats back up Alex Smith...

but the fact someone was like 'bro he had 4000 yards and 22 TD's last year' as a point that Palmer is still pretty good makes me lolololol

if he was elite, the Raiders wouldn't be picking 3rd. Didn't we learn that last year with Cassel at the helm? The Raiders played in an awful conference and in awful division and couldn't win against an awful schedule. Why? Their QB was awful.

And pertaining to his stats last year...they were literally garbage time variety. If you played fantasy football, you would know this...

Palmer would be awful, awful, awful for 3 quarters...Raiders would get down to out of reach...and then he'd throw for 130+ yards and a TD or 2. It never failed.

Go look at his quarter splits...

This guy is terrible. He's almost Cassel bad. That's not an exaggeration.

Matt Cassel
Blaine Gabbert
Carson Palmer
Michael Vick
Matt Stafford
Brandon Weeden
John Skelton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Mark Sanchez
Jake Locker

There is a reason why the teams those guys QB'd have the first 10 picks...

They are all either young, or terrible.

Hootie 02-28-2013 09:42 AM

and notice how 7 of those 10 are in the AFC...the clearly INFERIOR conference...

they are the worst of the worst...

Palmer had to be in the bottom 5 starting QB's this year right with Cassel, Sanchez, etc...

He was THAT bad.

Mr. Laz 02-28-2013 09:45 AM

Harbaugh protected Smith in every game. The offensive scheme and play calling was designed to protect the QB ... just like Cassel.

49er guy49 02-28-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9450437)
threads like these make me realize most of you don't watch any football outside of Chiefs football...

I'm not even talking about stats in this case. Even in this case, stats back up Alex Smith...

but the fact someone was like 'bro he had 4000 yards and 22 TD's last year' as a point that Palmer is still pretty good makes me lolololol

if he was elite, the Raiders wouldn't be picking 3rd. Didn't we learn that last year with Cassel at the helm? The Raiders played in an awful conference and in awful division and couldn't win against an awful schedule. Why? Their QB was awful.

And pertaining to his stats last year...they were literally garbage time variety. If you played fantasy football, you would know this...

Palmer would be awful, awful, awful for 3 quarters...Raiders would get down to out of reach...and then he'd throw for 130+ yards and a TD or 2. It never failed.

Go look at his quarter splits...

This guy is terrible. He's almost Cassel bad. That's not an exaggeration.

Matt Cassel
Blaine Gabbert
Carson Palmer
Michael Vick
Matt Stafford
Brandon Weeden
John Skelton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Mark Sanchez
Jake Locker

There is a reason why the teams those guys QB'd have the first 10 picks...

They are all either young, or terrible.

Matt Stafford doesn't really fit in with the list though. He's actually a pretty solid football player. Having megatron helps, and that silly side arm stuff gets on my nerves, but all and all I'd say he's in the top half of the league.

That being said, anybody who watches a few of alex's games, and a few of palmers can tell the difference. Palmer simply fails the eyeball test as a functional football player. Alex is not spectacular, but he is certainly functional. How many more games could the chiefs had won last year if they had 9 or 10 turnovers from the QB instead of like 30. I'm sure that's gotta be worth at least a couple of W's.

I wouldn't worry about the draft picks with Andy Reid as your head coach. He should get back a couple of second rounders for a back up in no time.