ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs can rescind the tag on Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270747)

FRCDFED 03-05-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9466793)
He's already shown he can play at a high level. He is not damaged goods in any sense. These expectations you're putting on him are illogical.

Not at all. I have a back injury and although I don't get the level of medical care that I'm sure he does I can tell you that at the right angle it will show itself.

I like the idea of proving himself over the long term before giving the big contract. Like Albert said, he was a 1st round pick and has already made a lot of money. I know its not my money but I am tired of seeing millions wasted on people that play a sport. This is why ticket prices go up! (along with eleventy billion other reasons).:D

The Franchise 03-05-2013 11:02 AM

When has a back injury ever been brought up before 2012 for Albert?

He's missed games in the past because of an elbow injury and an ankle injury.

This reoccurring back issue is all bullshit.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9466815)

IMO that was what pioli was trying to use to low ball him

Fish 03-05-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9466810)
Not at all. I have a back injury and although I don't get the level of medical care that I'm sure he does I can tell you that at the right angle it will show itself.

I like the idea of proving himself over the long term before giving the big contract. Like Albert said, he was a 1st round pick and has already made a lot of money. I know its not my money but I am tired of seeing millions wasted on people that play a sport. This is why ticket prices go up! (along with eleventy billion other reasons).:D

You're comparing your own back injury? LOLWUT? He's a professional athlete.

None of what you're saying makes sense. He's already proven. And his back has been such a minor issue that he has nothing to prove regarding it. The Chiefs made the right move. It's time to drop this reeruned mindset that the Chiefs need to draft tackles high every year.

FRCDFED 03-05-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9466815)

Back injuries are a different breed of animal depending on where it is. Most are recurring unlike bone injuries.

FRCDFED 03-05-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9466841)
You're comparing your own back injury? LOLWUT? He's a professional athlete.

I'm sorry. Is his back made of some special material that the rest of us don't get because we are not professionals? Get real. I mentioned that he had better medical care but we are not cars. If something breaks you can't just replace it.

Faddy Yomama 03-05-2013 11:13 AM

NO!!!!!!!!!! Luke Joeckel was a lock at #1 before this. Now there's a possibility of us taking ANOTHER 3-4 DEFENSIVE LINEMAN overall!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 11:14 AM

Trollololololololololololololololololololo

The Franchise 03-05-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9466846)
Back injuries are a different breed of animal depending on where it is. Most are recurring unlike bone injuries.

And where have you heard about this back injury before this year?

FRCDFED 03-05-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9466859)
And where have you heard about this back injury before this year?

I haven't/didn't. I am taking the reports at face value. There hasn't been anything to refute that an injury did not occur. I don't know the severity or location of the injury. Albert is saying that it is fine now. Whether that is posturing for a new contract we don't know. I am glad that they are taking a wait and see approach.

Fish 03-05-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9466853)
I'm sorry. Is his back made of some special material that the rest of us don't get because we are not professionals? Get real. I mentioned that he had better medical care but we are not cars. If something breaks you can't just replace it.

Ignorant. He's paid millions of dollars per year. And his performance is directly dependent on his physical capabilities. He has the time and resources to dedicate to his physical abilities on a daily basis. A huge portion of his job responsibility is keeping that back healthy. Your own back injury is of no comparison. This is stupid Truefan criticism that has no basis in reality.

mr. tegu 03-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9466869)
I haven't/didn't. I am taking the reports at face value. There hasn't been anything to refute that an injury did not occur. I don't know the severity or location of the injury. Albert is saying that it is fine now. Whether that is posturing for a new contract we don't know. I am glad that they are taking a wait and see approach.

The doctors who performed his physical said the same thing so...

Fish 03-05-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9466899)
The doctors who performed his physical said the same thing so...

Nah... I'm sure they just take Albert's word for it...

Dorsey/Reid: So Branden, how's that back?

Albert: Feelin fine coach.

Dorsey/Reid: Good enough! Here's $10M. Sign here bud...

patteeu 03-05-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9466774)
I can't wait to hear the argument of.....

"The Chiefs should draft the future replacement of Albert at 1.1 and let him sit for a year."

Wait....can't they do that with a QB?

"Too risky."

If the Chiefs take an offensive lineman at 1.1, it's not likely that he'd sit. Both he and Albert would play unless he's a huge disappointment.

The Poz 03-05-2013 11:39 AM

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Sam Mellinger of KC Star on PFT Live says he believes there's a chance LT Branden Albert will be traded.