ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Podcast: Rich Baldinger Talks Chiefs OL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270915)

patteeu 03-09-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9478259)
any ****ing idiot can have all those first round picks on the 49ers oline playing well, they have like 3 cant miss prospects, a monkey could coach that and get praise

The conventional wisdom around here is that investing valuable draft picks in guys like that is a waste of resources.

BlackHelicopters 03-09-2013 09:51 AM

Red Zone = all the empty red seats at Camarohead.

Ace Gunner 03-09-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9479258)
I played football from the time I was 8 years old until I was 20. In Pop Warner ball, sure the head coach had his hands in coaching all positions including technique.

In high school, the position coaches coached technique and scheme while the head coach designed the game plan. The head coach would go from position group to position group during practice and observe, but he rarely interjected himself into the technique side of the coaching except for the linebackers since he played linebacker in college.

The two years I played small college ball before transferring to Notre Dame (where I obviously didn't pull a Rudy and walk on) the coach was more like a CEO. He set the direction of the team, made decisions about overall strategy, and decided who should play.

Do you honestly think Harbaugh is coaching the OL in San Fran to the point he could take credit for any improvement in their play?

hell yes. he runs that offense during practice. his position coaches do obvious stuff you already pointed out, but when they are installing plays etc Harbaugh runs that team. If his linemen are doing it the right way, you'll never hear Harbaugh "coach the OL" per se, but if they don't block the play proper, you can bet Harbaugh is on the OL, coaching them to perform the play proper.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-09-2013 09:54 AM

Geez. No wonder casual fans are so stupid. They listen to guys like this that should be full of great knowledge and take their crap takes as gospel. Almost everything he said was a flat lie or wrong.

Ace Gunner 03-09-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9478293)
I thought Hudson broke his leg not shredded his knee

he did both according to RB.

LoneWolf 03-09-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9479387)
hell yes. he runs that offense during practice. his position coaches do obvious stuff you already pointed out, but when they are installing plays etc Harbaugh runs that team. If his linemen are doing it the right way, you'll never hear Harbaugh "coach the OL" per se, but if they don't block the play proper, you can bet Harbaugh is on the OL, coaching them to perform the play proper.

How can you be this stupid and not have died already because you forgot to breath or were hit by a bus because you walked into traffic?

Not blocking the play properly has nothing to do with footwork, hand placement, leverage, etc... You know, all the things that make offensive lineman better. Harbaugh telling the OL that they didn't block the play correctly, for example "hey, your supposed to let the DT go and block the MLB and the DT will get picked up by the pilling guard" is great, but would be explained during film study in the position meetings.

Harbaugh has very little to nothing to do with actual improvement by the OL.

CoMoChief 03-09-2013 10:29 AM

I dont know why people around here are high on Asamoah and Allen.

Regardless of where they were picked, they're both average at best and can be easily replaced by better players IMO.

This team still needs OL depth. We got rid of Winston, so that's a body/position that needs replacement. There's a good chance Hudson doesn't come back to his old self. He needs someone to replace him if necessary. Lilja retired. Allen flat out sucks. What about Albert? Will he be here after this season? Coaches think long term not just what the roster needs right now ya know..

There's more problems with our Oline than people are willing to admit. That's why drafting Joeckel now isn't such a stupid idea. If there was a QB worth taking 1-1 I'd be all for it regardless of the situation...but there's not.

milkman 03-09-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9479467)
I dont know why people around here are high on Asamoah and Allen.

Regardless of where they were picked, they're both average at best and can be easily replaced by better players IMO.

This team still needs OL depth. We got rid of Winston, so that's a body/position that needs replacement. There's a good chance Hudson doesn't come back to his old self. He needs someone to replace him if necessary. Lilja retired. Allen flat out sucks. What about Albert? Will he be here after this season? Coaches think long term not just what the roster needs right now ya know..

There's more problems with our Oline than people are willing to admit. That's why drafting Joeckel now isn't such a stupid idea. If there was a QB worth taking 1-1 I'd be all for it regardless of the situation...but there's not.

I don't give a rat's ass if this O-Line is the worst ever fielded in NFL history.

Drafting an OT #1 overall whne that pick only effectively upgrades the RTT or a guard position is monumentally stupid.

And it is not surprising that a monumental dumbass endorses the plan.

Chiefnj2 03-09-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9479719)
I don't give a rat's ass if this O-Line is the worst ever fielded in NFL history.

Drafting an OT #1 overall whne that pick only effectively upgrades the RTT or a guard position is monumentally stupid.

And it is not surprising that a monumental dumbass endorses the plan.

It's an acceptable move if they don't like albert

milkman 03-09-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9479750)
It's an acceptable move if they don't like albert

You and CoMo come from the same gene pool?

It is not acceptable.

You don't tag a guy you don't like.

Rausch 03-09-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9479790)

It is not acceptable.

Agreed...

Chiefnj2 03-09-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

It is not acceptable.

If they plan on making a trade they do.

patteeu 03-09-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

It is not acceptable.

What's the downside?

milkman 03-09-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9479801)
If they plan on making a trade they do.

Maybe should be clear if that's what you are discussing.

milkman 03-09-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9479804)
What's the downside?

You're paying 10 mil for a guy you don't like.