ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert to sign tender but still not close on long term deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271286)

philfree 03-18-2013 11:30 PM

Miami has two 2nds and two 3rd round picks. Nobody thinks we can get a 2nd and a 3rd for Albert? I don't think a single 2nd is enough.

jd1020 03-18-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9512792)
This all could have been avoided if Scott ***** has just done his ****ing job a year ago.

He is still ****ing this franchise from the grave.

What makes you think Albert is just now, all of a sudden, being unreasonable?

Hammock Parties 03-18-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9512794)
What makes you think Albert is just now, all of a sudden, being unreasonable?

I'm sure he's being reasonable.

My gut feeling is the Chiefs want to pay him top money for a guard or right tackle.

cdcox 03-18-2013 11:31 PM

We're doing it wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9512111)
Brandon Albert +1.1+2.34+2014 2nd Rounder < Luke Joeckel, Alex Smith, +2.42

Dorsey and Reid just wrote that equation on the board.

boogblaster 03-18-2013 11:34 PM

yup .....

AustinChief 03-18-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9512785)
The elephant in the room is maybe Reid has hated Albert's tape this whole time and doesn't think he fits what he wants to do.

So if that's true...shrug...get something for him.

That is a distinct possibility OR Albert lied about being reasonable in regards to money and has ridiculous demands OR... (here comes my tin foil hat theory)

Albert wasn't lying but he is letting the Chiefs USE HIm to gauge how badly other teams want/need a LT which will give the Chiefs more leverage in a possible trade down scenario... and once they have played that to its full extent he will sign a long term deal and stay at LT.

Ok Now I'll go ULTIMATE tin foil hat on ya... the Chiefs are now working on signing Vollmer to play RT thereby taking another potential LT off the market and increasing demand even further.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PXeDY3KOwg...uminum+Hat.jpg
a man can dream...

cdcox 03-19-2013 12:05 AM

Just our luck to root for a team that tries to corner the market on LT talent instead of a team that tries to corner the market on QB talent.

patteeu 03-19-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9512759)
Seriously, a team with Albert + Fisher/Joeckel is going to be better than a team with only Fisher/Joeckel, and that's the bottom line for me. If you let Albert walk to save money (while giving your stinking punter money that could be going to a T) that is the worst use of 1.1 I can think of. To me if you let Albert walk you missed on an opportunity to improve your team just to justify drafting a player that you fell in love with. At least with Albert + Fisher/Joeckel the team got better.

Should you pay him 50% more than the highest paid LT in the league or is there a point at which you'd say Albert's demands are too high?

patteeu 03-19-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9512798)
I'm sure he's being reasonable.

My gut feeling is the Chiefs want to pay him top money for a guard or right tackle.

That's my guess too. But I don't discount the possibility that either (a) they just don't like Albert, or (b) Albert's demands are unreasonable. There's really no way of knowing because you can't believe the public comments of either side.

Discuss Thrower 03-19-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9512857)
Just our luck to root for a team that tries to corner the market on LT talent instead of a team that tries to corner the market on QB talent.

Well the Hunts chose *silver* over gold when they tried their cornering the market gambit.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-19-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9512759)
Seriously, a team with Albert + Fisher/Joeckel is going to be better than a team with only Fisher/Joeckel, and that's the bottom line for me. If you let Albert walk to save money (while giving your stinking punter money that could be going to a T) that is the worst use of 1.1 I can think of. To me if you let Albert walk you missed on an opportunity to improve your team just to justify drafting a player that you fell in love with. At least with Albert + Fisher/Joeckel the team got better.

Not really. They went 2-14 and had a LT that gave up 1 sack protecting piss poor QB's and just cut a Top 5 RT. Hardly what I call improving the line.

Direckshun 03-19-2013 07:57 AM

I haven't read this thread, but the "still not close" part is not supported by the article.

The only thing the article goes on is based on what Albert said about the negotiating process weeks ago. They were not close then, thus the franchise tag.

That does not reflect the changing in events, however, namely the total shift in leverage thanks to the franchise tag, and the Jake Long signing which clearly set the market.

I'm guessing, after all this is said and done, that the two sides are far closer to landing a long-term deal.

If not, you can legitimately keep Albert and keep working him. There are no players worth franchising next year, so we can keep that leverage on him for two years.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-19-2013 07:58 AM

Yeah, this article is a POS