ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request So some prayers/good thoughts would be appreciated (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271680)

seclark 04-02-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9548985)
I just talked to the cardiac surgeon and they are going to transport me to KU to have a mechanical heart valve put in. I don't know what is going to happen. Call me a wimp, but I'm honestly scared out of my mind.

of course you're scared.
right now, the best you can do is try to relax and let them do their jobs. I know it's easier said than done.
best of luck.
sec

HemiEd 04-02-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

I just talked to the cardiac surgeon and they are going to transport me to KU to have a mechanical heart valve put in. I don't know what is going to happen. Call me a wimp, but I'm honestly scared out of my mind.

Nobody can blame you for being scared, but you are in fantastic care, and they are going to do their jobs well.

SAUTO 04-02-2013 10:06 AM

prayers sent.

Bowser 04-02-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

You're in great hands at KU Med. They got you covered.

Hang in there.

BigRedChief 04-02-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9548442)
I appreciate it guys, however, I don't think anyone is going to convince me to a point of easiness about the thought of someone cutting me open and operating on my heart.

Freaking out is normal. But, the reality is that its a very common procedure these days. Your in good hands. Good luck.

mikey23545 04-02-2013 02:45 PM

I wish I could calm those ol' bubbleguts down for you, JDiddy, but we both know that isn't possible.

Just find out everything you can about the procedure beforehand, because believe it or not it helps to calm your nerves if you have a firm grasp of what's about to happen...It really is true that fear of the unknown is the worst fear there is...

Braincase 04-02-2013 02:51 PM

I've got an issue as well, and I'm going to put it off as long as the cardiologist says it's safe to do so. My prayers are with you as you tackle this issue. One of my wife's best friends is involved in the heart valve space, and she's a genius. What they've done with that technology over the last twenty years is incredible, and the materials they use now are right out of science fiction. Just keep saying to yourself "Everything is going to be fine." Seems to be my mantra these days.

Fritz88 04-02-2013 03:01 PM

It will be okay.
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackHelicopters 04-02-2013 03:26 PM

God Bless You.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9548427)
As I mentioned briefly in the Easter thread, I had an angioplasty and another test procedure done on my heart today. The good news is that I have no obstructions, the bad news is I have a congenital heart defect and a bad valve. Tomorrow I'm meeting with a cardiac surgeon to determine the best course of action.

I'm pretty much scared out of my mind.

Holy shit, I just saw this thread. You've got my prayers and good thoughts coming your way. Best of luck, bro.

J Diddy 04-02-2013 09:27 PM

So I'm at KU, looks like my surgery is happening on thursday.

ChiTown 04-02-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9551820)

God bless ya, JDiddy. We are praying and pulling for you!

patteeu 04-02-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Wow, that's fast. You must be sick as ****. Just kidding. I hope it all goes well and I'm sure it will. Don't be worried. You'll get to sleep through the hard parts.

Fritz88 04-02-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck and be strong.
Posted via Mobile Device

greg63 04-02-2013 09:37 PM

Done!