ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Greinke Brawls..breaks collarbone (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272026)

AussieChiefsFan 04-12-2013 07:31 AM

So is Carlos Quentin going to get fined or suspended or anything?

Buck 04-12-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9579907)
Quentin is a bitch

Greinke is a bitch.

Predarat 04-12-2013 07:32 AM

That Nolan Ryan beatdown has to be one of the best baseball fights ever. This one looked more like a pillow fight rasslin' match.

BigCatDaddy 04-12-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9579987)
So is Carlos Quentin going to get fined or suspended or anything?

Most likely MLB is going to start going Goodell on guys that go after pitchers like that. Teams don't want their 25million dollar a year pitchers getting injured because some dumbass charges the mound.

AussieChiefsFan 04-12-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9579991)
Most likely MLB is going to start going Goodell on guys that go after pitchers like that. Teams don't want their 25million dollar a year pitchers getting injured because some dumbass charges the mound.

Yeah that's what I would have thought. Thanks.

Buck 04-12-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9579991)

If a pitcher doesn't want a brawl, then he needs to stfu after he hits a batter.

Sucks he broke his collarbone, and I'm expecting a 15-20 game suspension for Quentin, but Quentin would have been the bitch had he not confronted Greinke after he ran his mouth off.

ChiefMojo 04-12-2013 07:44 AM

Buck let me put it this way... Quentin is a total punk a** b*tch just like you!!!

Quentin has been a piece of sh*t back to his White Sox days but that is par for the course when dealing with White Sox players. Nothing has changed with Quentin and to defend him makes you a punk a** b*tch also!!!

BigCatDaddy 04-12-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9580002)
If a pitcher doesn't want a brawl, then he needs to stfu after he hits a batter.

Sucks he broke his collarbone, and I'm expecting a 15-20 game suspension for Quentin, but Quentin would have been the bitch had he not confronted Greinke after he ran his mouth off.

He most likely told him to get his ass off the plate. If that's Clemons on the mound I suspect Quentin puts his head down and walks to first. It's easy to go after some skinny ass pitcher. Quentin is a puss that wears a suit of armor and stands right on top of the plate daring guys to throw inside.

mikey23545 04-12-2013 07:50 AM

Too bad Zach didn't hit him right in the ol' eye socket.

Buck 04-12-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9580015)
He most likely told him to get his ass off the plate. If that's Clemons on the mound I suspect Quentin puts his head down and walks to first. It's easy to go after some skinny ass pitcher. Quentin is a puss that wears a suit or armor and stands right on top of the place daring guys to throw inside.

Did you even see that pitch? It was up and in and Quentin was moving away from the plate.

OmahaChief 04-12-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9580015)
Quentin is a puss that wears a suit or armor and stands right on top of the place daring guys to throw inside.

If a black long sleeve T-Shirt is a suit of armor then your are spot on.

SAUTO 04-12-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9580025)
Did you even see that pitch? It was up and in and Quentin was moving away from the plate.

sorry buck but he was not moving away from the plate

Buck 04-12-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9580030)
sorry buck but he was not moving away from the plate

Yeah I guess not but he didn't lean into it like people are saying.

duncan_idaho 04-12-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9580025)

Quentin was not moving away from the plate. He turned into the pitch to take it on the backside of his arm/shoulder rather than in the chest.

Quentin, like a lot of dudes who crowd the plate, doesn't understand why he gets hit so much. It's stupid. He has no one to blame but himself. He's trying to intimidate pitchers into avoiding throwing inside because he's all over the plate and he's a big, strong, scary dude.

That type of crap might work with the Luke Hochevars of the world. But any pitcher with balls is still going to work in there and say "Oh, well" if Quentin gets hit while doing it.

Mr. Kotter 04-12-2013 08:12 AM

Quentin is an a complete azzhole and douche-nozzle in one.

Any idiot that gets "hit" that often over his career out to be suspended--long term.

Sit his ass unpaid for a long time, to give his sorry ass time to think about it.