ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 4 Days left / No Albert trade done, so who's our pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272325)

bevischief 04-21-2013 12:01 PM

a midget

milkman 04-21-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9609851)
Nobody is wanting to trade up for him so far. They must not think he's as good as many on this board do.

I keep hearing and reading that most experts believe that Geno has the potential to be a very good QB in the NFL, but that he isn't ready to start from day one.

I absolutely agree with that opinion.

The difference is that I believe that you take that guy high and develop him, and potentially lock down the position for the next 15 years.

The experts, with the way QBs have come in a started and produced right away in the last couple of years, no longer believe that is the way to do it.

That's really where our opinions diverge from the experts.

RealSNR 04-21-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9609851)
Nobody is wanting to trade up for him so far. They must not think he's as good as many on this board do.

They don't perceive him to be an instant starter.

That doesn't mean they don't think he's good.

Cannibal 04-21-2013 12:07 PM

It's not just the about experts though, it's the teams themselves.

Actions speak louder than words and thus far, no team wants to trade up even knowing that J-Ville needs a QB about as bad as anyone does.

NIUhuskies 04-21-2013 12:10 PM

really want us to draft Dion Jordan. I think he has the most potential and is the best athlete...DO NOT WANT an OT @ #1. fucking re-sign Albert and be done w it

Cannibal 04-21-2013 12:12 PM

Albert is gone in my opinion. He doesn't want be here and is probably going to take less than he could've gotten here to play with Miami.

milkman 04-21-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9609891)
It's not just the about experts though, it's the teams themselves.

Actions speak louder than words and thus far, no team wants to trade up even knowing that J-Ville needs a QB about as bad as anyone does.

I think the teams have adopted the same mind set as the experts.

Everyone wants immediate gratification.

bowener 04-21-2013 12:16 PM

Could the lack of talk about Geno be a sign that most teams don't see him falling beyond 1 or 2, and that they do not perceive his value to be worth trading up for?

Cannibal 04-21-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9609909)
Could the lack of talk about Geno be a sign that most teams don't see him falling beyond 1 or 2, and that they do not perceive his value to be worth trading up for?

Possible, but doubtful, IMO.

Simply Red 04-21-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9609566)
I believe that Joekel or Fisher will be the pick, with or without Albert.

That's my guess too. Oh well.

Cannibal 04-21-2013 12:21 PM

Who knows though? Perhaps J-Ville really does plan to take Geno?

Chiefshrink 04-21-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9609840)
It almost Weird with the lack of buzz for Geno though.

This !!

This year's draft because of no real big time names to be had, coupled with all the overhyped negativity about this yr's QB class means 'everyone' is playing their cards very very close to the vest. So with that being said and to your point that where there seems to be little if no buzz, means there is a lot unspoken buzz going on about Geno IMO.

Chiefshrink 04-21-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9609926)
Who knows though? Perhaps J-Ville really does plan to take Geno?

This is my prediction because how in the hell do you stay with Gabbert/Henne with a new regime in place. Granted Henne played pretty well when he took over late in the season last year BUT does the new regime trust Henne for the long term? I say NO. Geno either is the first pick or second pick in this year's draft IMO. We get somebody to bite to come up to the first pick or the Jags take him or trade down as well. But either way IMO, Geno will not fall farther than the 2nd pick.

BigChiefFan 04-21-2013 12:36 PM

My short list...Geno Smith, Star Lotulelei, Shariff Floyd, Cordarelle Patterson, and Dee Milliner.

Zaphnath 04-21-2013 12:58 PM

I'm hoping we take Geno, and ruin the Raiders plans.