ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Opening Weekend Road Trip to Chiefs vs. Jacksonville (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272347)

Sfeihc 04-23-2013 06:13 AM

The NFL schedule makers took a big crap on my plans. I friend of mine is a JAX season ticket holder and was ready to make the trip again to see KC play JAX. One problem. I'm a U of M Football season ticket holder. There are two games on the Michigan home schedule that are can't miss. That school down south and the last home game against Notre Dame which is under the lights. Of course the NFL schedule makers saw fit to schedule the KC/JAX game the day after the U of M/ND night game. Bastards.

patteeu 04-23-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9613517)
Can't RSVP yet but should know more as time approaches. The girl I'm dating's family is in Jax so it may work out well.

The dilemma right now is that same weekend Florida plays @ Miami on Saturday so I might go to that game.

It'll work itself out over the next 4 months. ;)

I went to the Chiefs-Jags game in 2004 when it was a quick drive over from Gainesville.

Is that the one where the Chiefs came from behind to take the lead late only to lose on the final drive? If so, and I think it was, my family was at that game during a Florida vacation.

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9616557)
Is that the one where the Chiefs came from behind to take the lead late only to lose on the final drive? If so, and I think it was, my family was at that game during a Florida vacation.

Yep - Trent hit Priest for a 28yd TD reception to go up 16-14 with 5mins left only to have Byron Leftwich toss a TD with under 1 min in regulation.

DaKCMan AP 04-23-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9616557)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9616577)
Yep - Trent hit Priest for a 28yd TD reception to go up 16-14 with 5mins left only to have Byron Leftwich toss a TD with under 1 min in regulation.

Found my post about the game:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...31&postcount=8

BigRedChief 04-23-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9616162)
It's about 6 or 8 blocks. The lots on Talleyrand and Albert are probably a block or 2 closer but have a little more room and are a little easier to find for people that aren't familiar with the city.

Sounds good. More room for tailgating. 6-8 blocks of walking shouldn't be a deal breaker to anyone in our group.

Setsuna 04-23-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9613622)
WAIT! How are you going to get a tickets to a Jags game? Oh yeah...they have to black out the top sections of the stadium and tickets come free with a tank of gas.

Why in the world are in you in this thread? You contribute absolutely nothing.

It really doesn't matter where you park, just find a place. If I go I gotta find you guys. It'll be epic.

RedDread 04-23-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9613484)
Here's the group of us at the Tampa game last year. The more Chief fans we can gather, the more fun the tailgate.
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/phot...169165962.jpeg

Damn, saw a bunch of fans there but didn't know there were any CP alums. Didn't see that tent in the lot I was in.

Setsuna 04-23-2013 09:41 PM

EVERYONE MEET IN THE BUD ZONE AT HALFTIME! But you need to get there fairly early before the half or it'll be packed more than it normally is.

RedDread 04-23-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9616189)
The NFL schedule makers took a big crap on my plans. I friend of mine is a JAX season ticket holder and was ready to make the trip again to see KC play JAX. One problem. I'm a U of M Football season ticket holder. There are two games on the Michigan home schedule that are can't miss. That school down south and the last home game against Notre Dame which is under the lights. Of course the NFL schedule makers saw fit to schedule the KC/JAX game the day after the U of M/ND night game. Bastards.

No wai d00d, KC vs Jax is a way better game.........

luv 04-24-2013 12:33 PM

Sometimes it sucks traveling solo. So far, for flight, car rental, and hotel only, this would cost me $854.34. That doesn't include gas, meals, tickets, or parking.

BigRedChief 04-24-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9619086)
EVERYONE MEET IN THE BUD ZONE AT HALFTIME! But you need to get there fairly early before the half or it'll be packed more than it normally is.

Slow down there pal. Details on the meet ups are forthcoming and will be decided by the group.:harumph:

Spott 04-24-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9622824)
Slow down there pal. Details on the meet ups are forthcoming and will be decided by the group.:harumph:

Bud Zone is lame anyways. There's no room to stand and it's mostly just a bunch of college age kids acting like the place is a club.

modocsot 04-24-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9613623)
I'm in. Need 2 tickets. I live 0 miles from Jax. Thanks.

Me too! I live in one of the high rises directly across the river overlooking the stadium.

luv 04-24-2013 07:58 PM

How much would tickets to the game be?

Spott 04-24-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9623111)
How much would tickets to the game be?

Should be plenty of tickets available for fairly cheap right at gametime in front of the stadium. I've never had trouble getting tickets to a Jags game.