ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who will be the backup QB by the end of the year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272591)

R8RFAN 04-28-2013 11:27 AM

you already have a backup QB starting..

milkman 04-28-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9640587)
So tell me... What do you think he learned from the worst coaching staff in the league?

Not a damn thing, which is, in part, my point.

None of these guys were put in any kind of position to succeed, which is the bigger point.

What we should have learned, through the years, is that Matt Cassel, working for an OC that adapts to his limitations, can be productive, albeit limited when the OC hides hides flaws.

When you have a staff as incompetent as the one that was in place, none of these guys had any chance to learn, grow, develop, or be productive.

rico 04-28-2013 12:19 PM

We couldn't gather a damn thing from what we saw of Stanzi in the preseason last year. Seriously...we could take nothing from it for the circumstances on every down he played seemed so awful....He had someone in his ass a millisecond after the ball being snapped every freaking play. It was atrocious. I mean, he didn't exactly do himself any favors, but as far as Stanzi's Chiefs preseason play goes, in two years, we haven't been given an adequate sample size given the few amount of snaps and the atrocious play by his supporting cast.

Hell, Reid said so himself:

“I watched a ton of his (video) from college,’’ Reid said. “I watched all of it. I watched everything he has from here. There’s just not that much of it. That’s a hard (evaluation). You want to see them in games. I’ve heard good things about him, both of those guys (including Cassel) and actually Brady, too. But with Stanzi you just don’t have as much information.

“There’s probably not enough on Ricky (to have an informed opinion), certainly not enough on what we’ll ask him to do.’’

I perceive that as him saying that not only are there very few snaps to actually judge from, but the few snaps there actually are, are basically pointless....didn't show us or tell us anything.

keg in kc 04-28-2013 12:41 PM

Daniel will be the #2. I would imagine Bray will be the #3. I don't think they'd try to slip him through waivers to the practice squad, just too much talent there to risk that, head case or not. I'd be surprised if there weren't many more teams than just the fins and chiefs calling him yesterday.

Mav 04-28-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9640595)

You have no room to talk. NONE. Alex Smith is far better than any piece of garbage the raiders have....

milkman 04-28-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9640865)
You have no room to talk. NONE. Alex Smith is far better than any piece of garbage the raiders have....

Who the **** cares?

He's right, and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what the Raiders QB situation is.

rico 04-28-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9640595)

[IMG]http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...ps34fc7a03.jpg[/IMG]

R8RFAN 04-28-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9640865)

You, Me or anyone else does not have any idea how good the Raiders QB's are...

I am not saying Smiff is bad, I just think he is the same QB Cassel was for the Chiefs

Rasputin 04-28-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9640726)
We couldn't gather a damn thing from what we saw of Stanzi in the preseason last year. Seriously...we could take nothing from it for the circumstances on every down he played seemed so awful....He had someone in his ass a millisecond after the ball being snapped every freaking play. It was atrocious. I mean, he didn't exactly do himself any favors, but as far as Stanzi's Chiefs preseason play goes, in two years, we haven't been given an adequate sample size given the few amount of snaps and the atrocious play by his supporting cast.

Hell, Reid said so himself:

“I watched a ton of his (video) from college,’’ Reid said. “I watched all of it. I watched everything he has from here. There’s just not that much of it. That’s a hard (evaluation). You want to see them in games. I’ve heard good things about him, both of those guys (including Cassel) and actually Brady, too. But with Stanzi you just don’t have as much information.

“There’s probably not enough on Ricky (to have an informed opinion), certainly not enough on what we’ll ask him to do.’’

I perceive that as him saying that not only are there very few snaps to actually judge from, but the few snaps there actually are, are basically pointless....didn't show us or tell us anything.

This could play well for Stanzi just to get an opportunity to see what he can do. Honestly I don't see he could have been worse than Brady Quinn.

Jewish Rabbi 04-28-2013 03:06 PM

Alex Smith