ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop LeSean McCoy challenges “old man” Vick to race, and gets smoked (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272707)

DonTellMeShowMe 05-02-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9652679)
Vick made a mistake, and paid for it. If you don't like the culture, do something to help change it. I don't get all the Mike Vick hate. I guess it's just the in thing these days.

This

DJ's left nut 05-02-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonTellMeShowMe (Post 9652829)
Don Henley once sang about forgiveness....

He sang about boys of summer as well but I'm not sure if he even cares about the NBA.

durtyrute 05-02-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9652668)
I was never that mad about Vick.

It was a part of a culture he grew up in. I don't expect the middle to upper middle class ChiefsPlanet white person to understand that.

I don't think that makes him a bad person.

People fight dogs all of the ****ing time and don't go to federal prison for it.

cockeyes 05-02-2013 02:13 PM

I am not in favor of cruelty to animals obviously, no one is.

But I found the media frenzy around Vick to be a bit curious. Almost all the time, people are free to do with their livestock whatever they choose. You shouldn't put them down in a cruel way, but lets be honest, the animals that become the meat we consume aren't exactly killed by lethal injection.

Why are dogs special? If we afford what approaches human life protection to this animal why not others?

(Of course, these were living dogs. You wonder if Kermit Gosnell had done what he did to dogs if he'd be in the newspapers at all, instead of being a non-story)

anyway, I despised Vick before and after the prison stint he did. But I am not sure that if his name were Cooter McCoy from Gator's Taint Ga running a dogfighting operation if he'd have ever spent a day in the big house.

teedubya 05-02-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9652679)
Vick made a mistake, and paid for it. If you don't like the culture, do something to help change it. I don't get all the Mike Vick hate. I guess it's just the in thing these days.

In the United States, around nine billion animals are slaughtered every year for our food. That's okay, though. Cows don't have personality.

I assume all of the people up in arms and unforgiving to Vick are all vegan.

Setsuna 05-02-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9652436)
That would be a pretty sweet story if it involved anybody else but Vick.

He can be forced to drown for all I care.

What is your problem?

You know how ignorant you sound don't you? What I'm seeing from you and others is that you are reacting the same way you reacted to the Boston Marathon bomber who killed and injured human beings to Vick who fought dogs, or rather animals. So what I'm getting is you think animals and humans are on the same level. And that has to be the most ignorant thing on the face of the planet.

You know what? This is almsot akin to that Trevon Martin BS that went on. The one where all those people wore that "I am Trevon Martin" apparel trying to make a nonexistent statement about nothing. This is similar because apparently you think your pet(s) are those same ones he used and therefore you hate him because he killed and injured your pet(s). I mean good lord. Go find a soap box and stand on it for eternity speaking to the other nutjobs.

teedubya 05-02-2013 02:25 PM

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sOesNF8zGDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ming the Merciless 05-02-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9652436)
That would be a pretty sweet story if it involved anybody else but Vick.

He can be forced to drown for all I care.

because he hasn't suffered enough for killing an animal?

Rasputin 05-02-2013 02:30 PM

So Mike Vick should play HB because he sucks at quarterbacking.

Deberg_1990 05-02-2013 02:38 PM

Vick is one of the most gifted athletes to ever play the game. No one can deny.

notorious 05-02-2013 02:42 PM

The guy could go from zero to full tilt in the blink of an eye.

Setsuna 05-02-2013 02:45 PM

I'd say it's Primetime then Vick. Anyone think otherwise?

notorious 05-02-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9653111)
I'd say it's Primetime then Vick. Anyone think otherwise?

Are we talking speed, quickness, or accleration?

Setsuna 05-02-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9653121)
Are we talking speed, quickness, or accleration?

Uhhhh....crap I didn't think that in depth. Let's say speed and quickness.

notorious 05-02-2013 02:59 PM

I don't know. They both look like juiced Tecmo Super Bowl players on the field.

I will call them 1A and 1B in no particular order.