ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Covitz:Chiefs GM John Dorsey likes what he’s seen of the team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273246)

texaschiefsfan 05-22-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9699640)
You guys will find something to bitch about 100 percent of the time. Good lord.

We wouldn't want to actually look forward to the football season, would we?

60% of the time, it works everytime!

In58men 05-22-2013 09:43 AM

Is anyone else concerned about the offense? I've been hearing that our defense is shutting down our offense. Not sure if the pistol is working for them or what's going. We're not able to get anything going offensively.

How hard do they go in OTA's? I'm my quite sure. Eric Berry was breaking up passes left and right. I also don't know who's throwing these passes. Not panicking just yet, so don't kill me.

wazu 05-22-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Dorsey:“I really like what Alex Smith is doing,” Dorsey said. “How far he’s grasped this offense, and I can see the head coach loading him up, because he’s a smart kid, he’s physically talented.”
Yeah, that Alex Smith is a real smart kid. Has some physical talent, too, if you can look past the noodle arm. Potential to develop into a VERY decent player! Like, possibly a Top 20 NFL QB in the right system if surrounded by immense talent at every other position on offense.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-22-2013 09:55 AM

Dilfering.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 05-22-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9699917)
Is anyone else concerned about the offense? I've been hearing that our defense is shutting down our offense. Not sure if the pistol is working for them or what's going. We're not able to get anything going offensively.

How hard do they go in OTA's? I'm my quite sure. Eric Berry was breaking up passes left and right. I also don't know who's throwing these passes. Not panicking just yet, so don't kill me.

Every defense in the league is ahead of their offense at this point. Takes longer to install and properly run an offense than it does a defense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 05-22-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9699640)
You guys will find something to bitch about 100 percent of the time. Good lord.

We wouldn't want to actually look forward to the football season, would we?

This place is a giant vagina that makes Octomom's uterus look virgin.

vailpass 05-22-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9699960)
Every defense in the league is ahead of their offense at this point. Takes longer to install and properly run an offense than it does a defense.
Posted via Mobile Device

True. At least for those teams installing a new offense.

In58men 05-22-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9699960)
Posted via Mobile Device

Understandable, I was thinking it would take more time or defense to transition than an offense, especially if we're trying to stop the pistol. The majority of the time, defenses seem to struggle more.

Not a big deal though, I'm sure they'll get together.

bevischief 05-22-2013 10:14 AM

Because we have heard this before...

PhillyChiefFan 05-22-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9698635)
blah,blah,blah ... win or **** off.

/thread.

Mav 05-22-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9699945)
Yeah, that Alex Smith is a real smart kid. Has some physical talent, too, if you can look past the noodle arm. Potential to develop into a VERY decent player! Like, possibly a Top 20 NFL QB in the right system if surrounded by immense talent at every other position on offense.

Please do tell me about all of this offensive talent that Alex Smith was surrounded with in 2011. I must have missed it. Really, no, do tell.

Especially at receiver......This should be GREAT. his wr depth chart looked like this to start the season.

Crabtree,
Braylon Edwards.
Josh Morgan,
Kyle WIlliams.

By the NFCCG, it was

Crabtree,
Kyle Wlliams,
Brett Swain,
Joe Hastings.

on the IR,

Tedd Ginn,
Josh Morgan,

Cut, braylon Edwards.

Please, do tell me more about this immense talent on offense. Im dying to know.

AlexSmithDynasty 05-22-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9698552)
Not a real ringing endorsement there

You want him to say "OMG I love him, he's the greatest ever!!!!!!" He complimented him about as highly as you ever hear coaches or GM's compliment their players.

AlexSmithDynasty 05-22-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9700235)
Please do tell me about all of this offensive talent that Alex Smith was surrounded with in 2011. I must have missed it. Really, no, do tell.

Especially at receiver......This should be GREAT. his wr depth chart looked like this to start the season.

Crabtree,
Braylon Edwards.
Josh Morgan,
Kyle WIlliams.

By the NFCCG, it was

Crabtree,
Kyle Wlliams,
Brett Swain,
Joe Hastings.

on the IR,

Tedd Ginn,
Josh Morgan,

Cut, braylon Edwards.

Please, do tell me more about this immense talent on offense. Im dying to know.

All you need to know about how bad the receivers were by the end of the year is that Brett Swain and Joe Hastings are both white practice squad receivers and they were starting.

Tribal Warfare 05-22-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9700274)
You want him to say "OMG I love him, he's the greatest ever!!!!!!" He complimented him about as highly as you ever hear coaches or GM's compliment their players.

Bullshit, his response "well Alex is smart! :shrug:" doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies on our key FA pickup

AlexSmithDynasty 05-22-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9700458)
Bullshit, his response "well Alex is smart! :shrug:" doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies on our key FA pickup

But he didn't just say he was smart, he said he was physically gifted and he really liked what he was doing.