ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Above Ground Pools (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274074)

Lzen 06-24-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9772861)

Whoa! Is that your setup, Bob? I'm coming over. What's your address again? :)

Red Beans 06-24-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9772895)

Too many people in that goddamn pool, it looks like neighborhood soup in there...

ptlyon 06-24-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9772884)
I'm 40. She thinks I'm the slightly funny older guy who lives next door and lets her use the pool. I will admit to finding excuses to do yard work around the pool on a few occasions when she's been over. Mirrored sunglasses are a great invention.

Or FAP in the bathroom like Reinhold

NewChief 06-24-2013 02:35 PM

I built/installed above ground pools in Arkansas for a few years. To make them look worth a shit, you need to build a quality deck around them. If you do that, you can make them look really nice. The advantages are obviously cost and upkeep. Additionally, the uniform depth makes them nice as a "sport pool" for playing water volleyball and stuff like that.

Prison Bitch 06-24-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9772908)
I built/installed above ground pools in Arkansas for a few years. To make them look worth a shit, you need to build a quality deck around them. If you do that, you can make them look really nice. The advantages are obviously cost and upkeep. Additionally, the uniform depth makes them nice as a "sport pool" for playing water volleyball and stuff like that.

Why would anyone own a pool in the first place? Just go down the street to the neighborhood pool, or better yet go to the lake. No maintainence or liability to worry about ever. Plus there will be far more girls there than at your white trash pool

I grew up with a pool. Fun some of the itme. Most of the time, my dad made me clean it out. Or repaint it, etc. Sucked.

Dartgod 06-24-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9772897)
Whoa! Is that your setup, Bob? I'm coming over. What's your address again? :)

Nah, no pool here. I'm inclined to build one of those in the bed of my truck though.

Red Beans 06-24-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9772923)
Why would anyone own a pool in the first place? Just go down the street to the neighborhood pool, or better yet go to the lake. No maintainence or liability to worry about ever. Plus there will be far more girls there than at your white trash pool

I grew up with a pool. Fun some of the itme. Most of the time, my dad made me clean it out. Or repaint it, etc. Sucked.

Yeah, because bathing with one hundred screeching morons that live in your vicinity is far superior to walking out your own backdoor and enjoying sunshine and cool water at your own discretion.

DaKCMan AP 06-24-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9772923)

A lake? **** that!

RockChalk 06-24-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9772860)
There is some truth to this. We currently have an inground pool and while it is great on days when it's extremely hot or when the neighbors 22 year old daughter comes over to cool off, the upkeep and maintenance can be a bitch. We've discussed getting rid of it several times, but that's easier said than done.

Pics of the neighbor's daughter? (preferably by the pool)

Omaha 06-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9773006)
Pics of the neighbor's daughter? (preferably NSFW)

FYP

tooge 06-24-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9772988)
A lake? **** that!

You must go to the wrong lakes. Tablerock and Stockton here in Missouri are extremely clear and beautifully framed by rock cliffs and islands. Very clean water, ie. no oil spills.

Thig Lyfe 06-24-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9772859)
to me, this is pretty nice and it's an above ground pool.

Looks nice, but how deep is that? A foot and a half?

Infidel Goat 06-24-2013 04:10 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/adab00e92...f1o4o1_500.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9772799)
No.

Pro: Pool.

Con: White trash pool.

DaKCMan AP 06-24-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9773011)
You must go to the wrong lakes. Tablerock and Stockton here in Missouri are extremely clear and beautifully framed by rock cliffs and islands. Very clean water, ie. no oil spills.

No one from Florida will swim in a lake. We only do pools or the ocean.

Donger 06-24-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9773011)

Lakes in Florida have alligators in them.