ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Independence Day 2 announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274098)

Deberg_1990 06-25-2013 08:44 PM

Bay actually got some decent reviews with that Pain and Gain Rock/Whalberg flick. The funny thing is, I think Bay is pretty talented, he just chooses to film crap.

DanBecky 06-25-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9775603)
I watched "The Rock" the other night and forgot just how much I loved that movie. Great actors, great score and a fairly normal Nic Cage.

The thing that bothers me most about Emmerich is that he's been too preachy lately with "Day After Tomorrow" and "2012".

10,000 BC was the dumbest movie ever.

The Rock is one of me favorites. Idk why but I could watch that movie over and over. I really liked Cage in that movie. Suited him well

Hammock Parties 06-25-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9775625)
Neanderthals built the pyramids in Egypt.

Yes, that dumb.

It was awesome.

ESPECIALLY the Wooly Mammoths hauling the stone.

Frazod 06-25-2013 08:49 PM

That is one of Cage's better films, okay but not great. But I'm not a big Cage fan. At all. The only movie he's in that I really, really like is Lord of War. The first National Treasure was reeruned but fun, Windtalkers was pretty good, beyond that.... meh.

BigBeauford 06-25-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9775656)
That is one of Cage's better films, okay but not great. But I'm not a big Cage fan. At all. The only movie he's in that I really, really like is Lord of War. The first National Treasure was reeruned but fun, Windtalkers was pretty good, beyond that.... meh.

I enjoyed Bad Lieutenant a lot.

DanBecky 06-25-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Face Off?!?!

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

I agree, although I've never seen Windtalkers.

My comment was directed towards Michael Bay. IMO, The Rock was a really great movie that was well directed and well cast.

I'd like to see him get back to his roots but it's more likely that he'll stay in the CGI world because at least in terms of box office revenues, he's the king.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-25-2013 10:40 PM

Not sure how this turned into a Cage thread, but if he's in it, I'm watching it. Period.

Bad Lieutentant wa...

Hey, could someone do something about these ****ing iguanas?

Anyway, Bad Lieutenant was great. I'd bet dollars to donuts Clay has fapped to the parking lot scene.

DanBecky 06-25-2013 11:14 PM

Forgot ConAir. Sorry bout keeping it to Nick Cage.

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9776019)
Not sure how this turned into a Cage thread, but if he's in it, I'm watching it. Period.

Bad Lieutentant wa...

Anyway, Bad Lieutenant was great. I'd bet dollars to donuts Clay has fapped to the parking lot scene.

I really enjoy him when he's actually acting, doing his thing in quirky roles.

But since about 1998, I've found him unwatchable as an "Action Hero", save the original National Treasure.

Hammock Parties 06-25-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9776019)

Bad Lieutentant wa...

I haven't scene it.

kysirsoze 06-26-2013 10:51 AM

I think Adaptation is the best thing Nic Cage has done, but Bad Lieutenant is pretty ****ing great.

Frosty 06-26-2013 10:54 AM

Independence Day 2: The Return - This Time With a Firewall

Bowser 06-26-2013 01:52 PM

Is it asking too much that the new movie doesn't include the PEWPEWPEW sound when the alien ships are opening fire?

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 08:48 PM

If they were smart, it would a completely different alien species that attacks the Earth.