ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Division by Division All-Star Teams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274311)

BlackHelicopters 07-05-2013 12:38 PM

Tyson Jackson? Got it.

mcaj22 07-05-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9793376)
Chiefs have no talent! /mcaj22

Tyson Jackson and Geoff Schwartz being on there is laughable. Come on

You can say that for every other division too, whoever wrote this doesnt watch football. Pat Angerer at LB in the South? Cromartie and Gilmore over Talib? yea right.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-05-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9793782)
Tyson Jackson and Geoff Schwartz being on there is laughable. Come on

You can say that for every other division too, whoever wrote this doesnt watch football. Pat Angerer at LB in the South? Cromartie and Gilmore over Talib? yea right.

OK, so we still have 8 then. 9 if you take Asamoah over Schwartz (highly regarded PFF player for that donco homer)

MagicHef 07-05-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9794055)
OK, so we still have 8 then. 9 if you take Asamoah over Schwartz (highly regarded PFF player for that donco homer)

Oh wow, Asamoah? Great call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9793535)
Absolutely I would replace Berry with Moore. Moore can actually cover.

I'd take Asomoah or Beadles over Schwartz.

I would take literally anyone over Jackson. I can't believe he's on here.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-05-2013 06:59 PM

I guess they could have put that sack of shit Wolfe on there

Quesadilla Joe 07-11-2013 09:07 AM

PFF grades teams starting lineups....

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6950/koap.png

Quote:

Notes:

– Consider me someone not yet sold on Alex Smith. His numbers over the past two years, combined with a seemingly nice offensive fit, might suggest a winning formula, but how is he going to cope without that 49ers offensive line and that 49ers defense putting him in favorable situations?

– The left guard spot is an interesting one. Will a new GM stay loyal to last year’s second-round pick, Jeff Allen? Or will the always impressive Geoff Schwartz work his way into the lineup? The former Panther and Viking has found himself largely on the outside on gameday because of injuries, but would, given the tape on both men, be a significant upgrade.

– The Chiefs spent much of last year in base as they chased games, but they may have to bring in more of their sub-package defense and that will be something to watch. Last year none of their interior defensive linemen achieved a positive grade rushing the passer, and they need to give their edge rushers some help when it comes to harassing quarterbacks.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-july-10-2013/

Quote:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3448/xz8v.png

Notes:

– Ronnie Hillman might be the starter in Week 1, but I don’t expect it will be long before they either promote Ball or go back to Knowshon Moreno. Hillman looks a reasonable change-of-pace option but his late season performances did nothing to suggest extended playing time.

– Vasquez is an excellent guard and a perfect fit for this offense; he’s a superb pass protector, mistake free and certainly a worthy UFA pick-up. However, his lack of domination in the running game meant I couldn’t bring myself to grade him higher at this point.

– The grading of Chris Harris may have some people new to PFF wondering if I’ve made a mistake, but over the past two years he has been the best slot corner in football. Last year he gave up a catch rate of only 57% and a QB rating of 66.5 while playing 325 snaps in the slot. He may well be the most underrated player in the NFL.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...y-july-5-2013/

AussieChiefsFan 07-11-2013 09:20 AM

I was agreeing with the gradings, until I saw that Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, and Dwayne Bowe were on the same level as Mike DeVito.

Good to see Asamoah as High Quality, but I'd possibly put Hali and Johnson as Blue Chip and Justin Houston at High Quality.

MagicHef 07-11-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9804987)
I was agreeing with the gradings, until I saw that Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, and Dwayne Bowe were on the same level as Mike DeVito.

Good to see Asamoah as High Quality, but I'd possibly put Hali and Johnson as Blue Chip and Justin Houston at High Quality.

Hali and DJ are not blue chip players. That means they are the best of the best at their position. An OLB who is poor against the run and managed 9 sacks last season does not qualify.

AussieChiefsFan 07-11-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9805089)
Hali and DJ are not blue chip players. That means they are the best of the best at their position. An OLB who is poor against the run and managed 9 sacks last season does not qualify.

Well then you'd have to at least downgrade DeVito, right?

MagicHef 07-11-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9805097)
Well then you'd have to at least downgrade DeVito, right?

Yeah, a guy who is good against the run but provides no pass rush probably shouldn't be "high quality."

MagicHef 07-11-2013 10:19 AM

I'd switch DeVito and Houston, on further thought.

Also, in what universe is Robert Ayers average? The guy is awful.

Mr. Laz 07-11-2013 12:22 PM

Todd Haley and Romeo Crennel suck shit

ChiTown 07-11-2013 12:40 PM

:deevee:

Chief Faithful 07-11-2013 12:56 PM

Is there another Geoff Schwartz in the West other than the one who has yet to play for the Chiefs and may not crack the starting lineup? What happened to Asamoah who is arguably one of the best young guards in the AFC?

Ok, I just saw Tyson Jackson's name on the list, which answers all my questions.

Genious :doh!:

ThaVirus 07-11-2013 01:12 PM

KnowMo, that list contradicts this rep message you sent me a couple days ago:

"They left off Trindon Holliday, John Fox, and Wolfe. The Chiefs may have a bunch of above average players but nobody except Charles is a difference maker. Manning, DT, Holliday, Von, Champ and Clady are ELITE at their positions."

-Based on that shoddy list, the Chiefs and Broncos actually have the same number of "elite" and "high quality" players.

-It specifically said it was nixing special teams in the header. Read more, fap to Peyton's forehead less.

-How would John Fox deserve the spot over Andy Reid? They're both 0-1 in Super Bowls and Reid brought the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship games from 01-09. The Eagles were one of the most successful teams during that span. The Panthers? Not so much.

-If you actually agree with this list, then you'll have to agree that Flowers is superior to Champ Bailey. Do it now, KnowMo. Tell us all that you agree that Brandon Flowers is a better CB than Champ Bailey.