ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games NCAA Football 2014 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274394)

Lzen 07-10-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9802904)
What are you playing it on? All American? Heisman?

And I generally wait a couple of days after the game comes out.....there will be a free roster out there that's named. The guy that releases the roster gets rid of the people that shouldn't be there.

Varsity. :doh!:

The Franchise 07-10-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9802991)
Varsity. :doh!:

I've been playing on Heisman for a couple of years now. It's way more realistic. The only problem you'll run into is there are games where the computer will REFUSE to ****ing lose. It doesn't matter what you do....they're winning that game.

Dayze 07-10-2013 11:08 AM

I got it and played RTG last night; overall it's 'ok'. Pretty much the same as it has been the previous 2 years. only difference is some new tackling animations; seems a LOT more fluid now. Before, RTG was clunky when running/moving etc - not smooth at all. Seems a lot better now, at least compared to what it was. Looks really good, a little better than the past 2. But, overall - unchanged.

since you don't have an option to change plays etc when first starting, the same 6 plays cycle over and over and over and over again. That really sucks. Maybe it's not literall '6' plays, but its the same small handful of plays run again and again.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-10-2013 02:52 PM

I played on Varsity for the first game, but the disparity between KU and K-State is bad. Some of the better JUCO guys that KU has picked up this offseason aren't on the roster, or are really badly rated... Chris Omigie is one of hte top rated players... (Gag)

Lzen 07-11-2013 05:10 AM

Is it just me or does it seem that you can't play defense in this version?

Dayze 07-11-2013 07:10 AM

I haven't even attempted it yet. I'm focusing on running through a RTG position/4 years to see how much has changed/hasn't changed. Then I'm hopping into Dynasty.

what is the lack of defense? tackling? getting sucked into blocks?

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-11-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9804801)
I haven't even attempted it yet. I'm focusing on running through a RTG position/4 years to see how much has changed/hasn't changed. Then I'm hopping into Dynasty.

what is the lack of defense? tackling? getting sucked into blocks?

changing direction is difficult... it's as if hips are stuck one way and take forever to change direction... The arcade zig-zagging is a thing of the past.

Dayze 07-11-2013 08:49 AM

hmm. Interesting.

Imon Yourside 07-11-2013 09:32 AM

So the overall reaction thus far is, negative?

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9804915)
hmm. Interesting.

Learning the way of the Strafe is very important, especially when "breaking down" to meet a ballcarrier... It's difficult.

AussieChiefsFan 07-11-2013 09:49 AM

I wasn't going to buy it, but a friend of mine asked if I wanted to split the price to buy the game. May aswell I guess.

Setsuna 07-11-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9803001)
I've been playing on Heisman for a couple of years now. It's way more realistic. The only problem you'll run into is there are games where the computer will REFUSE to ****ing lose. It doesn't matter what you do....they're winning that game.

LOL I remember that. I'd play LSU or Alabama and no matter what I did they would either get a timely pick or have their impact player, usually a RB, break 50 tackles and run for a TD. It sucked so bad that I always turned it off and played it again.

Dayze 07-12-2013 07:37 AM

I think ('think') EA's exclusivity is up in 2014; same with NCAA.

thank god.
2K will destroy them if their football games are anything like their NBA series.

AussieChiefsFan 07-12-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9806959)
I think ('think') EA's exclusivity is up in 2014; same with NCAA.

thank god.
2K will destroy them if their football games are anything like their NBA series.

Hopefully the league doesn't just renew the license with EA immediately, like last time.

Dayze 07-12-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9806978)
Hopefully the league doesn't just renew the license with EA immediately, like last time.

it's been a while since I read up on it, but I think the NFLPA is the one who doesn't renew. shit who knows. I remember coming away from reading something with the thought of EA being out of the running this time.