ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Charles interview on Grantland (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274407)

Ace Gunner 07-10-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9802852)
Interesting stat I wasn't aware.

In every game that Charles has 20 or more carries, he has run for 100 yards or more.

ya that is pure badass right there

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2013 11:19 AM

Then the midget...

loochy 07-10-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9803066)
Then the midget...

...fumbled a lot...

saphojunkie 07-10-2013 12:07 PM

the 'mildly' part stuck out to me.I'd give Alex Smith a full "competent" grade. He is limited with his physical tools, but his intelligence and ball safety make him absolutely a competent QB. Having said that, we aren't going to the playoffs, and even if we do, we aren't winning. But at the very least, the Chiefs will be ****ing watchable again.

I think people (even with all the Cassel hate) don't realize just how atrocious the QB play was the last four years. Going from "Guy who shouldn't be in the league" to "guy who is a competent NFL starter" is a massive jump. Massive.

We still need our QB. It is the most important position in all of team sports, and it would be ****ing nice if one ****ing time the most important position was occupied by our most talented player.

Until then, at least I can watch the games again.

Rausch 07-10-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9803186)
the 'mildly' part stuck out to me.I'd give Alex Smith a full "competent" grade. He is limited with his physical tools, but his intelligence and ball safety make him absolutely a competent QB. Having said that, we aren't going to the playoffs, and even if we do, we aren't winning. But at the very least, the Chiefs will be ****ing watchable again.

I think he's an excellent "game manager."

If we let him continue to play that way and stay healthy I could see a possible 9-7 with this record. Some years that's good enough for the post season.

If we try and make him this gunslinger throwing the ball 35+ times a game I don't see any of that happening...

Mav 07-10-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

I think people (even with all the Cassel hate) don't realize just how atrocious the QB play was the last four years. Going from "Guy who shouldn't be in the league" to "guy who is a competent NFL starter" is a massive jump. Massive.

We still need our QB. It is the most important position in all of team sports, and it would be ****ing nice if one ****ing time the most important position was occupied by our most talented player.

Until then, at least I can watch the games again.

So are you going to tell me that the Ravens best player is Joe Flacco, and that the Giants best player is Eli Manning? That is so not the case. Ray Rice, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata are all better than Flacco, and at the very least, JPP is better than Manning. Having a complete team is far more important than having a Franchise qb. If you have one great, but you can still win with an average to above average qb. Which the chiefs do have.

Mav 07-10-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9803212)
I think he's an excellent "game manager."

If we let him continue to play that way and stay healthy I could see a possible 9-7 with this record. Some years that's good enough for the post season.

If we try and make him this gunslinger throwing the ball 35+ times a game I don't see any of that happening...

That means you are trailing a lot, and not using your best player in Jamaal Charles. I agree whole heartedly.

Easy 6 07-10-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Truth be told.

Easy 6 07-10-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9803216)
So are you going to tell me that the Ravens best player is Joe Flacco, and that the Giants best player is Eli Manning? That is so not the case. Ray Rice, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata are all better than Flacco, and at the very least, JPP is better than Manning. Having a complete team is far more important than having a Franchise qb. If you have one great, but you can still win with an average to above average qb. Which the chiefs do have.

Not even one of those players impacts the game the way a starting QB does.

In the grand scheme of things, yes, their best player is Flacco.

Mav 07-10-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9803235)
Not even one of those players impacts the game the way a starting QB does.

In the grand scheme of things, yes, their best player is Flacco.

You have got to be kidding. JPP single handedly destroyed the Packers, 49ers, and Patriots passing games in route to winning that super bowl. Stop it.

Just like, it was ultimately, the Ravens defense, that ultimately won their super bowl for them.

Again. The past two seasons, the team with the best qb, hasn't won in my opinion. I don't think flacco is a better qb than Kaep, and I don't think that Eli Manning is a better qb than Tom Brady. The better teams won. The more well rounded teams win. Again. Having a franchise qb, if you can get one, is great, if you cant, which the chiefs couldn't, then build up the rest of your team, which is what the chiefs did.

A great example of this, is two plays by Flacco, that were more a RESULT of the opposing teams crap defenses. For instance.

Against the broncos, if they had a competent safety, such as say BRIAN DAWKINS, that pass never happens that got the Ravens the win. If the 49ers had a better safety, Whitner is awful in coverage, then Jones doesn't get that wide open td. Where as, it was the ravens secondary, who ultimately stopped the 49ers.....

Its just me, I think the desperation for a franchise qb gets blown way out of proportion.

saphojunkie 07-10-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

And they have to have a great defense to win super bowls. Which is possible, but having your best player at QB is far easier to maintain extended success.

I'd take Aaron Rodgers and the #15 defense over Joe Flacco and the #1 defense every single year. it's not even close.

Mav 07-10-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9803251)
And they have to have a great defense to win super bowls. Which is possible, but having your best player at QB is far easier to maintain extended success.

I'd take Aaron Rodgers and the #15 defense over Joe Flacco and the #1 defense every single year. it's not even close.

Like I said. if you have a franchise qb, you don't say no, id rather have a complete team. Unfortunately, aaron Rodgers, hasn't had the 15th ranked defense. More like 25th. That's why they cant win. Same with Tom Brady.....hasn't won since what 05?

aturnis 07-10-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Yeah. Totally. Why don't you look at the playoff/Superbowl teams over the last 10 yrs. Overwhelmingly full of franchise QB's.

There is nothing more important in all of sports. Period.

the Talking Can 07-10-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9803239)
You have got to be kidding. JPP single handedly destroyed the Packers, 49ers, and Patriots passing games in route to winning that super bowl. Stop it.

Just like, it was ultimately, the Ravens defense, that ultimately won their super bowl for them.

Again. The past two seasons, the team with the best qb, hasn't won in my opinion. I don't think flacco is a better qb than Kaep, and I don't think that Eli Manning is a better qb than Tom Brady. The better teams won. The more well rounded teams win. Again. Having a franchise qb, if you can get one, is great, if you cant, which the chiefs couldn't, then build up the rest of your team, which is what the chiefs did.

A great example of this, is two plays by Flacco, that were more a RESULT of the opposing teams crap defenses. For instance.

Against the broncos, if they had a competent safety, such as say BRIAN DAWKINS, that pass never happens that got the Ravens the win. If the 49ers had a better safety, Whitner is awful in coverage, then Jones doesn't get that wide open td. Where as, it was the ravens secondary, who ultimately stopped the 49ers.....

Its just me, I think the desperation for a franchise qb gets blown way out of proportion.

yeah, Flacco is just a lucky bum...with the most playoff road wins of any QB in NFL history...the only thing he has done since entering the league is win...what a schmuck

but Smith...well, he's the real deal...it took him a decade to become a game manager, and to even be healthy for a whole season, and then to get benched....so he's awesome

there is never a time when QBs are discussed on this board that I don't wish to commit genocide on my own face...with a shotgun, of course

Ace Gunner 07-10-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9803123)
...fumbled a lot...

in his bum