ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Geno Smith A "No Show" At Sanchez Led Jets West Camp (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274495)

Brock 07-12-2013 06:41 PM

None of the other qbs went either. Meaningless.

King_Chief_Fan 07-12-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9807678)
Thought ya'll might be interested in this.

Read into this what you want. Not really sure if Smith should be attending since they are probably competing for the same spot.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...jets-west-camp

"New York Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith will not attend Mark Sanchez's annual "Jets West" camp, a league source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini.

Instead of attending Sanchez's chemistry-building camp for the Jets' offensive players, Smith is working out in Florida, according to the New York Daily News. Multiple media reports said Smith was not in attendance at Jets West on Thursday, the first official practice in Southern California.

We haven't talked about it, but from my understanding it's something that's done annually and all the guys go out there and it's been a great experience," Smith previously had said."

why the fuss over a guy that every team skipped over and some of them twice?

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9807949)
None of the other qbs went either. Meaningless.

Tebow went last year. Brunnel went in the past.

I don't know if you're being obtuse or not but a smart man would use this opportunity to assess his opponent.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9807950)
why the fuss over a guy that every team skipped over and some of them twice?

Are you new?

Cannibal 07-12-2013 07:16 PM

This particular incident is not a big deal, however, shit like this seems to follow Geno around.

Cannibal 07-12-2013 07:17 PM

So glad we didn't didn't listen to the ball washers and take him 1.1.

Easy 6 07-12-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9807962)
Tebow went last year. Brunnel went in the past.

I don't know if you're being obtuse or not but a smart man would use this opportunity to assess his opponent.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

And those guys were veterans...

For a rookie not to seize every single opportunity he can to learn about his teammates, to not get to know his guys, their styles, personalities, idiosyncracies, to not further familiarize himself with what their system is all about, to not give himself any possible edge he can before training camp?

That spells bullshitter in any language, man, so glad KC didnt waste their time on this guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-12-2013 07:21 PM

How's about Geno just goes to regular camp, at the appointed time, and knocks Sanchez' dick in the dirt? Would that be okay?

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9808050)
How's about Geno just goes to regular camp, at the appointed time, and knocks Sanchez' dick in the dirt? Would that be okay?

How about your meth-infested brain stays on topic for ONCE?

Easy 6 07-12-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9808050)

No, not really... if that were me, i'd want to grab every single opportunity by the neck and choke it to death.

Particularly if i thought i was a hot shit who got passed over time and again, particularly if i smelled the blood of an extremely weak starter... if i wanted to be a star in the NFL, i'd never miss an opportunity to show that i AM one.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-12-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9808065)
How about your meth-infested brain stays on topic for ONCE?

Well, Mr. Smart Mother****er, winning the starting job IS IN FACT the first obstacle on the track, is it not?

Or perhaps my pointing out the most practical solution to this utter ****ing yap-fest has somehow wrinkled your panties?

Sassy Squatch 07-12-2013 07:38 PM

And we're off!!

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9808073)
Well, Mr. Smart Mother****er, winning the starting job IS IN FACT the first obstacle on the track, is it not?

Or perhaps my pointing out the most practical solution to this utter ****ing yap-fest has somehow wrinkled your panties?

So, you wanna tell us what advantage Smith has by not attending?

houstonwhodat 07-12-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9808070)
No, not really... if that were me, i'd want to grab every single opportunity by the neck and choke it to death.

Particularly if i thought i was a hot shit who got passed over time and again, particularly if i smelled the blood of an extremely weak starter... if i wanted to be a star in the NFL, i'd never miss an opportunity to show that i AM one.

Especially since he was seen leaving the draft and pouting because he didn't get selected the first day.

If I was him I'd be using every opportunity where the team gathered to show I was for real and to take me seriously.

Then again, someone had to ADVISE him on what to do.

That is usually his agent.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-12-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9808106)
So, you wanna tell us what advantage Smith has by not attending?

I see no disadvantage. If he has chosen to go his own route between now and camp, who's to say it's the wrong way if he earns the starting spot?