ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals (New) 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275329)

RockChalk 08-15-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886684)
It's a South Park reference.

Getz is marginally better than Giavotella at 2B. He has below-average range and a rag arm. He is sure-handed, though.

His base-running is solid but nothing special for a light-hitting middle infielder. HAve to get on base to take advantage of that, and he doesn't.

I'm not even sure it's marginally, anymore. And he may be "quick" around the bases, but I think he's a stupid base-runner

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 9886688)
So, when Moose and Cain return, can the Royals win with a platoon of Carrol (.300+ against LHP) and Bonifacio at 2nd?

I never watch South Park.

Sure. Assuming Cain and Moose don't fall off a cliff when coming back from the injuries.

Bonifacio MIGHT be able to handle the job straight up. Depends on how he adapts to the change of scenery.

Caroll is fine as a util guy who plays against lefties. Asking him to do anything more than that is a disaster.

mr. tegu 08-15-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886703)
Sure. Assuming Cain and Moose don't fall off a cliff when coming back from the injuries.

Bonifacio MIGHT be able to handle the job straight up. Depends on how he adapts to the change of scenery.

Caroll is fine as a util guy who plays against lefties. Asking him to do anything more than that is a disaster.

I presume the platoon at 2B will be Bonifacio and whoever survives of Getz and Johnson. I can't see Carrol playing over them especially since he would be our back up 3B.

CaliforniaChief 08-15-2013 09:34 AM

How can any serious baseball person even contemplate keeping "Lin" Elliot Johnson on a MLB roster, let alone a 40 man. DFA his worthless ass, there are at LEAST 4 better options in the system.

Gio, Colon, Falu, Seratelli

RockChalk 08-15-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9886693)
All of you naysayers and Neyers can GTFO and STFU

Hey, I've been cheering for this team since my family moved here in '86. I watch every game that I can, winning or losing.

But I'm pissed off about yesterday, and the shit lineup we threw out there. I get that injuries have hurt us, but going to Detroit with 3 spots in our lineup guaranteed to be some form of Getz/Dyson/Carroll/Bonifacio just sucks. I get that the Omaha guys are "unknowns" at this point, but we KNOW that Getz and Carroll can't hit, period.

Plus in two of those Detroit games, you can replace Sal in the lineup with Kottaras. So we are going into our biggest series in 20 years with 3 good hitters (Hoz, Butler, Gordon) 3 guys hitting decent (Lough, Sal, Escobar) and 3 guys that could not hit if the ball was sitting on a stand.

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9886710)
How can any serious baseball person even contemplate keeping "Lin" Elliot Johnson on a MLB roster, let alone a 40 man. DFA his worthless ass, there are at LEAST 4 better options in the system.

Gio, Colon, Falu, Seratelli

Colon and Falu both can play SS, so they would make sense to promote and replace Johnson.

If I'm choosing between Getz and Johnson at the MLB level, though, and they haven't added another guy capable of playing SS, I keep Johnson because of his ability to play SS. Despite his error yesterday, I still believe Johnson is a better defender and base runner than Getz.

This whole situation is an excellent example of the danger of over-exposing a bench guy like Johnson, and why you can't just take a guy's production in a small sample size and project his WAR over a full season.

teedubya 08-15-2013 09:45 AM

Let's go Royals... losing 2/3 to the Marlins sucked balls. Let's win 4/5 against the Tigers.

Toadkiller 08-15-2013 09:46 AM

In on the new thread. Also in on the new 8 game winning streak starting tonight.

CaliforniaChief 08-15-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9886718)
Hey, I've been cheering for this team since my family moved here in '86. I watch every game that I can, winning or losing.

Oh we were all pissed off yesterday. It was an abomination. But it's over, and you can't let that stick with you. Not questioning anyone's fandom, just saying that it's time to move forward.

mr. tegu 08-15-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 9886729)
In on the new thread. Also in on the new 8 game winning streak starting tonight.

http://fwallpapers.com/files/images/praying-kitten.jpg

BigCatDaddy 08-15-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886674)
Step 1: Stop reading anything Lee Judge writes about the Royals or baseball in general.

Step 3: Profit.

Getz's defense and baserunning are SEVERELY overrated by the Royals' front office.

I noticed you left Paulino off the depth for 14. Are you writing him off? If healthy I think he is a solid to good starter, obviously IF is the key word there.

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9886771)
I noticed you left Paulino off the depth for 14. Are you writing him off? If healthy I think he is a solid to good starter, obviously IF is the key word there.

They don't have control of him after this year... he would need to accept a minor league deal at this point, in all likelihood.

Just not sure what becomes of him. I agree... if healthy, he's a solid piece in that rotation.

CaliforniaChief 08-15-2013 10:15 AM

So it looks like Duffy's going to get one of the starts tomorrow...and I'm fine with that. But do you think Ventura gets a shot this year?

cookster50 08-15-2013 10:16 AM

You guys went from "No way, starting a new repository would mess up the mojo" to "Start a new repository and we get our mojo back" in two days. Bunch of flip flopping John Kerrys!

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9886799)
So it looks like Duffy's going to get one of the starts tomorrow...and I'm fine with that. But do you think Ventura gets a shot this year?

I don't think he's quite ready... pitched six shutout innings yesterday but walked five while doing it.

His command/control still have a way to go.