ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football QBR is complete and utter crap (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276153)

Simply Red 09-12-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9965240)
Whatever,,,,,

:clap:

,I caught that,,,,

AdumbGuy 09-12-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9965222)
^This^

I've tried not to say anything and just use ignore because I like the fact that we get interpretations from other team fans here and the rivalry is fun. This is just too much though. Any thread about Smith is half empty because of dbags like Maverick and Jakelmall being ignored. Kapernick (the poster) actually seems like a pretty good poster, but the rest are just Alex Smith trolls.

Agree completely. The ignore feature isn't even all that useful because then I'll get a screen where every post in an Alex Smith related thread is ignored.

Sandy Vagina 09-12-2013 07:46 AM

Or maybe some of you can just stop being such whiny puss-bags and quietly skim past the posters you don't wish to read from?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...Gifs/image.gif

BlackHelicopters 09-12-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9965103)
Look at the stat line. How in hell can Andy Dalton beat any of these 3 guys in rating? He is smoked in passer rating but dominates QBR. It looks like the completion % is way too heavily weighted. That is all I can figure. I don't give a damn if he completed 80% to Peyton's 65%, there is no way in hell a guy with 7 TDs and 0 INTs should be trumped by a guy with 2 TDs and 2 INTs, especially with 180 less yards.

I realize QBR is complicated and that a game losing INT is weighted far differently than an INT in the first minute of a 50 point blowout. I realize a TD in garbage time is not rated the same a game-winning walk-off TD. That is the good news.

But this is just WRONG.

QBR is just pure and utter crap if it can't handle this kind of immense disparity. There is no way in any sane world that 2 TD/2 INT/282 yards beats out 7 TD/0 INT/462 yards. It just isn't possible.

QBR
91.8 - Dalton
89.8 - Kaepernick
83.6 - Peyton
70.0 - Rodgers

Passer Rating
141.1 - Peyton
129.4 - Kaepernick
102.6 - Rodgers
97.2 - Dalton

Stat Line
Peyton - 27/42 for 462 yards, 64%, 7 TDs, 0 INT, 3 sacks
Kaeper - 27/39 for 412 yards, 69%, 3 TDs, 0 INT, 2 sacks
Rodgrs - 21/37 for 333 yards, 57%, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 2 sacks
Dalton - 26/33 for 282 yards, 79%, 2 TDs, 2 INT, 1 sacks

Wasn't QBR invented by the 4 letter network? Therefore, it is by definition worthless.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-12-2013 08:01 AM

It's like we are being invaded and taken over by barbarian hordes.

BlackHelicopters 09-12-2013 08:03 AM

Total anarchy

Sandy Vagina 09-12-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9965375)
It's like we are being invaded and taken over by barbarian hordes.

Quite a few of us are here IN SUPPORT of the Chiefs. The fact that this apparently makes some of you upset is.. bizarre.. to say the least. So much sensitive crybaby shit about new posters that want the success that you want. :doh!:

RealSNR 09-12-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9965434)
Quite a few of us are here IN SUPPORT of the Chiefs. The fact that this apparently makes some of you upset is.. bizarre.. to say the least. So much sensitive crybaby shit about new posters that want the success that you want. :doh!:

You being here draws in the Kaepernick tards.

Sorry. It's all or nothing, I'm afraid.

Saccopoo 09-12-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9965124)
The 49er asshole problem has gotten out of hand. Not even Chiefs Planet's abusive nature can chase them away. There's too many of them.

The mods need to have a goddamn Holocaust for 49er fans. Don't care if they're polite and good-natured. There's just too goddamned many of them posting 49er garbage nonstop.

While I concur, the OP is actually a general football post that is not related to the 49ers or Colin Kaepernick or Alex Smith as a 49er.

We have Donco fans, Raider fans, Jag fans (if that's even possible), Pats fans, Seahawk fans, etc. that have been long time contributing members to this board.

One had to expect that with the signing of Alex Smith that you were going to get a few 49er fans and subsequent trolls participating on this board. Imagine if this was active when the Chiefs signed Joe Montana...the inundation of Friscoites would have been absolutely unbearable.

They'll die off for the majority eventually. I think that C.E.'s boyfriend Maverick is here to stay though. They are nearly inseparable at this point.

Sandy Vagina 09-12-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9965466)
You being here draws in the Kaepernick tards.

Sorry. It's all or nothing, I'm afraid.

Maybe. There's a good chance they would have registered anyway. It's unfortunate.. but even before I arrived, there were clearly Smith-haters in Chiefs fans, if just based on the trade compensation.

Overall, I'd say my point is.. people need to get thicker skin, use the ignore feature more, or just avoid threads where they can expect the haters/Kaep-tards.

I somehow like it here, and will not be dissuaded from posting here, unless the mods deem it to be so. I don't care about reputation.. can't control or concern myself much if not a single person likes me on this forum. (prefer they do, but oh well, no big deal if they don't) I like the Chiefs team.. not just starting QB... the Chiefs team. So I am happy to read and/or talk Chiefs football throughout the season.

Far as I can tell, there are only about 7 or 8 SF fans here. Half of which like KC and Smith.. the other half that hate one or both. It shouldn't be difficult for others to figure out which are worth reading... and if the answer is none? Oh well, to that. I have been on forums for several years now, and one thing remains the same... there is always a handful or more of posters that I wish would just DIAF.

Ace Gunner 09-12-2013 09:14 AM

so, seven niner fans walk into a chiefs bar...

Sorter 09-12-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9965252)
try the ignore feature:doh!:

You'd have close to 30 people on ignore.

Sorter 09-12-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9965491)
Far as I can tell, there are only about 7 or 8 SF fans here.

Alex Smiff
Alex Smith 4ever
Alex2125
AlexSmithFan/Maverick
Mac-NinersChiefs
AlexSmith#1
AlexSmithDynasty
AlexSmithpro
AliceSmith
ViperVisor
49erguy49
49erscentral
NinerDoug
Ninerfan
ninerfan0724
ninerman
jerryriceforever80
Jakemall
9er guy
9erAkbar
9erlifer
9erman
9ernation94

What in the ****?

ViperVisor 09-12-2013 09:40 AM

A few games every week QBR fails and a few it succeeds.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ate-to-winning

QBR is tuned too extreme to 3rd downs and close games. Dalton did well in that and gives credit for PI on a pass for a first down.

And Dalton's 2 INTs were not 3rd or 4th down passes. It makes sense to not count those the same as other INTs.

1 was on a 2nd and 7
1 was on a 1st and 10

Those are friendly to offense situations that Dalton gave away.

QBR is also tuned for the long pass because it doesn't like QBs getting YAC.

Dalton is great because AJ Green runs 3 yards past the defense or just jumps up and grabs a ball 40 yards down-field?

9er guy 09-12-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9965557)
Alex Smiff
Alex Smith 4ever
Alex2125
AlexSmithFan/Maverick
Mac-NinersChiefs
AlexSmith#1
AlexSmithDynasty
AlexSmithpro
AliceSmith
ViperVisor
49erguy49
49erscentral