ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI: The 49ers intended to trade Kaepernick to Philly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276373)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-17-2013 11:12 AM

Why is this turning into an Alex Smith thread? And people complain about the anti-Smiths?

****, it's about some liquored up blowhard who got a case of revisionist history. 16 months is a long time for the old farts that run the front office.

taterhog 09-17-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swayy07 (Post 9987316)
someone needs to do the 6 degrees of tom brady's knee getting blown out by pollard just to see how big of an effect it had on other teams.

Well,

Obviously KC getting Cassel.

But then you've got Chicago getting Cutler because he wet the bed after hearing about McD wanting Cassel in Denver.

Carlota69 09-17-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9987322)
That's pretty much where I'm at. With nothing to present as evidence, I've gone with the flow as far as "Kaep was always his guy". Just figured that Harbaugh was full of it and not to be trusted. It fit in perfectly with the whole Manning episode.

If it were true, why would Alex bother to go hang with him during the pre-season game like nothing happened? Maybe there was a push from Baalke?

How good is the source?

Adam Scheffter

Imon Yourside 09-17-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9987350)
Adam Scheffter

bad donkey.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9987337)
Why is this turning into an Alex Smith thread? And people complain about the anti-Smiths?

****, it's about some liquored up blowhard who got a case of revisionist history. 16 months is a long time for the old farts that run the front office.

Well, because people like yourself love to throw it up in peoples face how Alex Smith was tossed out on his ass. Now that there is a story coming out that perhaps that wasn't always the case, a stunning revelation actually, its going to turn that way.

What did you expect?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-17-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987372)
Well, because people like yourself love to throw it up in peoples face how Alex Smith was tossed out on his ass. Now that there is a story coming out that perhaps that wasn't always the case, a stunning revelation actually, its going to turn that way.

What did you expect?

Wait a minute, pillowbitergot. I don't give two ****s about what some Harbaugh POS thinks about QBs. He has nothing to do with my opinion on Alex Smith. I don't care about your ****ing team or coach.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/searc...earchid=973415

DeezNutz 09-17-2013 11:55 AM

I know this is being reported, but I have serious questions about the legitimacy of the story.

If you have plans centering around drafting player X, guess what you make sure ****ing happens? You draft player X, especially if he's a QB whom you view as a difference maker. You don't try to get that player in the most convenient round, by the cheapest way possible.

Jakemall 09-17-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9987350)
Adam Scheffter

Then it is fairly likely then. He gets it wrong sometimes, but right more often than not.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9987490)
Wait a minute, pillowbitergot. I don't give two ****s about what some Harbaugh POS thinks about QBs. He has nothing to do with my opinion on Alex Smith. I don't care about your ****ing team or coach.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/searc...earchid=973415

Fine, you don't like Jim Harbaugh. You don't like Alex Smith either. So my point still stands. I love getting under turds like yours skin.

Having to result to petty insults. Pfff. Good luck with that. Cry some more will you? :deevee:

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9987503)
I know this is being reported, but I have serious questions about the legitimacy of the story.

If you have plans centering around drafting player X, guess what you make sure ****ing happens? You draft player X, especially if he's a QB whom you view as a difference maker. You don't try to get that player in the most convenient round, by the cheapest way possible.

Now THAT, I tend to agree with. If Harbs was really thinking Kaep was that wonderful, he wouldn't have waited till rd 2 to swoop in.

Mav 09-17-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9987503)

Shrugs. There is lots of hyperbole. There was a lot during the 2012 offseason that made no sense. They had a contract on the table for alex smith for a couple of months. Jim had Alex accept his coach of the year trophy, Alex Smith caddied for Jim harbaugh at a golf tournament.

Then there was the Peyton scandal. I don't think anyone will ever know exactly what really happened. But, teams do have a draft board, and it is quite possible that they had Russell Wilson with a second round grade, but when he didn't go before then that they assumed incorrectly that they could grab him in the 3rd. Shrugs. No one will ever know.

Mav 09-17-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9987513)
Now THAT, I tend to agree with. If Harbs was really thinking Kaep was that wonderful, he wouldn't have waited till rd 2 to swoop in.

Disagree. I think Jim saw the POTENTIAL in Kaepernick. But, Aldon Smith was a completely different animal all together.

There were no projections of Kaepernick going in the first round that I saw. Most saw him as a project qb.

I think he actually at the time went too high......

DeezNutz 09-17-2013 12:04 PM

If you believe in a QB prospect, I think you draft him as soon as possible. How stupid would Philly look right now if they'd drafted Wilson in the first round? I think we all know the answer.

I'd rather be guilty of overdrafting someone by a round or two than to be the team talking about "what if..." just like the gutless, inept Eagles.

ChiefsFanatic 09-17-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9987277)
Pretty much blows a hole in every "Kaepernick was always going to be the future" ranting from the Anti Alex Smith crowd.

Unless you're Rudy, he'll just discredit guys like Schefter, who are wrong once every 3 years.

Papa Harbaugh told a story during the Super Bowl last year about a conversation he had with Jim before the draft in question. He asked Jim if he had targeted any quarterbacks, and Jim told him yes, that he wanted to draft the kid out of Nevada. So, if Papa Harbaugh wasn't lying, then Kaepernick was a priority for Jim Harbaugh, and then it seems pretty unlikely that he would want to trade him so quickly.

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987523)
Disagree. I think Jim saw the POTENTIAL in Kaepernick. But, Aldon Smith was a completely different animal all together.

There were no projections of Kaepernick going in the first round that I saw. Most saw him as a project qb.

I think he actually at the time went too high......

Same here. But point remains. If Harbs really wanted a QB and thought Kaep was the best QB in the draft? Then it's either Harbs thought the QB draft class sucked overall? or he would have moved up further to make sure he got his guy. So I'm not buying in 100% that he felt Kaep was a sure-fire QBotF. You don't take chances on losing that QBotF if you want him that badly... you go get him... and I mean in the 1st.

:hmmm: